3rd Generation GK Specific Fit Photos & Videos Sub-Forum Threads for displaying photos and videos of the 3nd generation GK Honda Fit

Hereís my 2018 EX 6MT

  #1  
Old 01-24-2019, 01:14 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: California
Posts: 16
Hereís my 2018 EX 6MT

So after 10,000 miles Iím finally making a post on fitfreak and hoping to get some tips and ideas to help with my build I have planned for this car.
So far all Iíve done is window tint and gloss black vinyl wrap on the rear reflectors (which you can see in one of the images below). Since this car is my daily driver my goal for this build is to improve handling and make it more fun for when I go on drives on some windy back roads and to improve the overall aesthetics of the car and make it my own.

So far the mods I plan on doing are:
-Eibach lowering springs
-20 or 25 mm rear wheel spacers (and maybe thin front spacers?)
-In no rush to get them but eventually new wheels
-Exhaust mods (hoping to do a downpipe and a cat back)
-Acuity throttle spacer (for that heel toe goodness)
-Black out all the chrome trim
There may be other exterior and aesthetic mods I will do but so far I havenít thought about it much

The main thing I want to improve is the shifter and clutch feel and it seems there really isnít much out there to improve this on the GK so if anyone has found something I would appreciate hearing about it in the comments!



 

Last edited by project.gk5; 01-24-2019 at 01:17 AM.
  #2  
Old 01-24-2019, 02:44 AM
USDM's Avatar
Super Moderator
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: May 2017
Location: SoCal
Posts: 678
Originally Posted by project.gk5 View Post
So after 10,000 miles Iím finally making a post on fitfreak and hoping to get some tips and ideas to help with my build I have planned for this car.
So far all Iíve done is window tint and gloss black vinyl wrap on the rear reflectors (which you can see in one of the images below). Since this car is my daily driver my goal for this build is to improve handling and make it more fun for when I go on drives on some windy back roads and to improve the overall aesthetics of the car and make it my own.

So far the mods I plan on doing are:
-Eibach lowering springs
-20 or 25 mm rear wheel spacers (and maybe thin front spacers?)
-In no rush to get them but eventually new wheels
-Exhaust mods (hoping to do a downpipe and a cat back)
-Acuity throttle spacer (for that heel toe goodness)
-Black out all the chrome trim
There may be other exterior and aesthetic mods I will do but so far I havenít thought about it much

The main thing I want to improve is the shifter and clutch feel and it seems there really isnít much out there to improve this on the GK so if anyone has found something I would appreciate hearing about it in the comments!
Welcome! Acuity makes shifter cable bushings and is supposed to be releasing a short shifter for the GK5 very soon, so keep an eye out for that. You can upgrade to a stainless steel clutch line, upgrade your brake/clutch fluid, and look into getting you CDV deleted for a better clutch feel.
 
  #3  
Old 01-24-2019, 08:13 AM
GodFather's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: SF Bay Area, CA USA
Posts: 52
I didn't know 6MT came in EX model. I only saw them in the LX model (at least down here in California). Is this one of those rare finds or special order?
 
  #4  
Old 01-24-2019, 08:16 AM
knope's Avatar
Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: DC, USA
Posts: 316
I like it as is. I may get koni orange shocks and eibach pro kit if the stock suspension goes; at 54k miles and still no issues, still handles and runs like new. As for heel toe, i just replaced the rubber peddle covers with momo peddle faces.

good luck with your build, i look forward to more pictures
 
  #5  
Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: California
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
I didn't know 6MT came in EX model. I only saw them in the LX model (at least down here in California). Is this one of those rare finds or special order?
I might have just gotten lucky but here in the Central Valley of California I found two dealerships close to me that had a manual EX. This one and a 2019 with the dark grey paint.
 
  #6  
Old 01-24-2019, 09:23 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: California
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by USDM View Post
Welcome! Acuity makes shifter cable bushings and is supposed to be releasing a short shifter for the GK5 very soon, so keep an eye out for that. You can upgrade to a stainless steel clutch line, upgrade your brake/clutch fluid, and look into getting you CDV deleted for a better clutch feel.
Iíve been debating on those bushings as Iíve heard mixed reviews about their effectiveness and Iíve been waiting on that short throw! Iíll definitely look into that stainless steel line though and I actually just read a thread about that CDV delete so Iím definitely tempted to do that. Thanks!
 
  #7  
Old 01-24-2019, 10:28 AM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: California
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by knope View Post
I like it as is. I may get koni orange shocks and eibach pro kit if the stock suspension goes; at 54k miles and still no issues, still handles and runs like new. As for heel toe, i just replaced the rubber peddle covers with momo peddle faces.

good luck with your build, i look forward to more pictures
Thanks man. Yeah Iíve been debating whether to go with coilovers or not but they are pretty pricey and I feel like they may be pretty stiff compared to just going with springs. And I definitely plan on changing out the pedal covers but I still want to get the riser so that the brake and throttle are parallel with each other.
 
  #8  
Old 01-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Waterford
Posts: 43
Originally Posted by GodFather View Post
I didn't know 6MT came in EX model. I only saw them in the LX model (at least down here in California). Is this one of those rare finds or special order?
I picked one up off the lot in Michigan.
 
  #9  
Old 01-24-2019, 01:12 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 35
I have the exact same car. Color and everything. They exist, just rare.

Here is mine. Tint, all-weather floor mats, Thule bicycle setup, OEM rear cargo cover is all I have done. Plan to get the Sport bumpers and sideskirts some day.


 

Last edited by BrokenLimits; 01-24-2019 at 01:20 PM.
  #10  
Old 01-24-2019, 01:38 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: California
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by BrokenLimits View Post
I have the exact same car. Color and everything. They exist, just rare.

Here is mine. Tint, all-weather floor mats, Thule bicycle setup, OEM rear cargo cover is all I have done. Plan to get the Sport bumpers and sideskirts some day.

Nice. Digging the roof rack. I was wanting to get one for my Fit as well but then it would be blocking the sunroof so thatís why Iím not so sure.
 
  #11  
Old 01-24-2019, 01:40 PM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Lincoln, Nebraska
Posts: 35
The sunroof blocking isn't my favorite. It's ok though. Most of the time I put the bike in the car. But, I had some times where I wished I had more room for longer trips with the bike.
 
  #12  
Old 01-24-2019, 01:41 PM
evilchargerfan's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: san diego
Posts: 2,009
Originally Posted by project.gk5 View Post
So far the mods I plan on doing are:
-Eibach lowering springs consider struts/shocks, like koni orange
-20 or 25 mm rear wheel spacers (and maybe thin front spacers?) a wider stance, may adversely affect handling
-In no rush to get them but eventually new wheels RUSH IT, dont wait
-Exhaust mods (hoping to do a downpipe and a cat back) some make more power than others, some are louder, my $0.02

The main thing I want to improve is the shifter and clutch feel IMO, skip the acuity bushings, go straight to a heavier shift knob


Here are some of the things I would personally recommend, NOTE that I intentionally removed crap that I felt was not worth it, example .... intake:

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
SUSPENSION, TIRES, WHEELS, DRIVETRAIN
Koni Orange STR.T Shocks/Struts (8750-1102L/R, 8050-1131)
D2 Racing Lowering Springs (D-SP-HN-34)
B&G Suspension Lowering Springs (28.1.080)

Tein S.Tech Lowering Springs (SKB74-AUB00)
Swift Lowering Springs (4H021)
ISC N1 Basic Fully Adjustable Coilovers (H015B - 6kg/mm, 5gk/mm)
Tein Street Advance Z Thread Type Coilovers (GSB80-91AS2) (COMFY, HANDLES WELL, $500 ish, A Winner In My Book)
Konig Dial In 15x7J et35 Wheels
Oem Torque Rod - Forsch Polymer Corp 80A HP Liquid Urethane Mod
Megan Racing Front Lower Control Arm Brace (MRS-HA-1290)
Megan Racing Rear Add-On Sway Bar (MRS-HA-1293)
Moog Problem Solver Stabilizer Bar Links ( K750837/ K750838)
Camber Bolts (81260)
Rigid Collars
PowerFlex Front Control Arm Front Bushing (PFF25-401 / Street)
PowerFlex Front Control Arm Rear Bushing (PFF25-402 / Street)
PowerFlex Rear Beam Mounting Bushing (PFR25-410 / Street)

PERFORMANCE, ENGINE
Bisimoto Pulse Chamber Axle-Back Exhaust
Authentic Baffled "Oil Catch Can"
KtunerFlash v1.2 Engine Computer Tuner (stage 1 map)
Brief notes on the "big ones" ....
  • Cost of Coilovers vs springs/struts = worth the jump (imo)
  • Light Weight Wheels = A MUST, DO IT ASAP (helps with both mpg and response/performance)
  • Fun Cheap Mods Make A Huge Diff = torque rod fill, camber bolts, rigid collars, cheap braces/bars, rear sway
  • Control Arm / Rear Beam Bushings = Lots of labor installing, but crazy diff maker (worth it IMO)

shameless plug:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1399083
 
  #13  
Old 01-24-2019, 11:51 PM
New Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: California
Posts: 16
Originally Posted by evilchargerfan View Post
Here are some of the things I would personally recommend, NOTE that I intentionally removed crap that I felt was not worth it, example .... intake:



Brief notes on the "big ones" ....
  • Cost of Coilovers vs springs/struts = worth the jump (imo)
  • Light Weight Wheels = A MUST, DO IT ASAP (helps with both mpg and response/performance)
  • Fun Cheap Mods Make A Huge Diff = torque rod fill, camber bolts, rigid collars, cheap braces/bars, rear sway
  • Control Arm / Rear Beam Bushings = Lots of labor installing, but crazy diff maker (worth it IMO)

shameless plug:
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...ml#post1399083
Thanks for the detailed response man. Iíve taken a look at your build in the past and I really like what youíve done. Itís all really just about money at this point but Iíll be starting a new job soon and Iíll be doing a lot of what you mentioned that improves the driving experience.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Nord-Est
Fit Freak Newbie / FAQs
9
07-26-2018 05:37 PM
CyclingFit
3rd Generation (2015+)
20
02-03-2018 11:23 PM
Aznsupastar
3rd Generation (2015+)
17
01-12-2018 09:17 AM
Sid 6.7
Other Car Related Discussions
4
01-08-2010 02:21 PM
&REY
Other Car Related Discussions
2
11-11-2007 04:15 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hereís my 2018 EX 6MT


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.