3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum Threads discussing suspension and brake related modifications for the 3rd generation Honda Fit (GK)

Tein Flex Z

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2019, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
Tein Flex Z

Guys I’m looking at replacing my shocks with the Tein Flex Z coil overs and was wonders if the part number VSHA6-C1AS2 would fit. I know it says 11-16 crz just not sure if it will work. Thanks

Old 02-21-2019, 10:38 PM
5 Year Member
Why not get tein flex z for the GK5? VSHD8-C1AS2
https://www.tein.co.jp/srch/eng_sear...ype=1&allvch=0

Old 02-22-2019, 05:52 AM
5 Year Member
Where can you buy them in the states? I can’t find them

Old 02-22-2019, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
if youre looking for something easy to find in the usa ... VSB80-C1AS2 (ge8 specific, but works on gk5 just fine)

https://www.tein.com/srch/us_search....014&item=FLEXZ

if you insist on VSHD8-C1AS2 .... I think Nengun sells it
https://www.nengun.com/tein/type-flex-z

good luck getting them to ship to your address ... I entered mine and it says:

Last edited by evilchargerfan; 02-22-2019 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-22-2019, 02:19 PM
5 Year Member
I see the VSHD8-C1AS2 has a slightly larger spring rate of 2.7 instead of the 2.0 like the ge8. I am concerned that the ge8 spring rate will be to soft.

Old 02-22-2019, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
I have the advance z's (similar spring rates iirc) and I can attest, they are indeed soft. if youre going for comfort, its pretty awesome and more comfortable than stock

if you're going for performance .... you may want to look elsewhere

Old 02-22-2019, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Has the handling improved over stock with these. I don’t plan on doing any track days but I want better handling around corners. I have added the rear sway bar already. Thanks

Old 02-22-2019, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
most def an improvement. I feel like they are a step up from koni orange + tein springs I ran prior .... ymmv on this, as this is simply my opinion/personal experience and I am by no means a "racer"

for a regular dd car, that spends just a little bit of time at the local twistys ... they more than handle the job

if youre hitting the track or doing auto x .... look for something with higher spring rates / something valved more aggressively / something monotube / literally anything else

Old 02-22-2019, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Yes it a daily driver. I emailed Evasive motorsports and they said Japan has them in stock and they can special order them. Tony at Evasive is checking into shipping costs. I’ll post back with shipping totals and if I go with them or just go with the ones that you have. Thank you for your input I value all the opinions from the people in this form.

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan
most def an improvement. I feel like they are a step up from koni orange + tein springs I ran prior .... ymmv on this, as this is simply my opinion/personal experience and I am by no means a "racer"

for a regular dd car, that spends just a little bit of time at the local twistys ... they more than handle the job

if youre hitting the track or doing auto x .... look for something with higher spring rates / something valved more aggressively / something monotube / literally anything else

Old 02-22-2019, 04:51 PM
5 Year Member
best of luck.

for fun-sies .... please share with us (when you find out) what shipping from japan costs are like. i've always wondered how much things this heavy, would cost to ship to the states

Old 02-22-2019, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member
Evasive just came back and said that Tein told them the VSHD8-C1AS2 is for jdm models only. I have wondered what the main differences are between the two models. So it looks like the ge8 ones are the way I’m going.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:00 PM
5 Year Member
Ive sent an email to Tein about coilovers for US Honda Fit, US and JDM rear shocks are different according to them. But i think the only difference between the two are the rear disc brakes and different subframe. Its more beefier on JDM model rear subframe.

Old 02-25-2019, 04:09 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bjosuesr
Where can you buy them in the states? I can’t find them
You can order one through rhdjapan.com contact them and they'll get one for you

Old 03-07-2019, 05:15 PM
5 Year Member
24 inch fender to ground clearance in front and 23 3/4 in rear. The ride quality has not suffered at all. I haven’t been on a road with extreme bumps yet. I am sure on extreme bumps it may bottom out due to it being lowered and it being a ge8 suspension which has a softer spring rate than the gk. I would scrap even at stock height on some bumps. I am tempted to purchase the tein s lowering springs for the gk and just replace the rear springs with the height adjuster on them with the tein s rear spring to see if I get any extra height. I talked to Tein USA and they told me that they will be doing testing on a GK coilover kit but they cannot give me a specific date as to when they will be doing so. They also said that the jdm gk rear shocks would not fit the usdm model as the jdm one are beefier. I wonder if bmw alpina May have any insight into this as I read he put a jdm gk rear axle in his which has rear disc. I hope this helps I’ll post under my Tein thread as well.

Old 08-16-2019, 05:01 PM
Hi, hoping to get some clarification as I just ordered the Flex Z coilovers for my GK5 as well. Do you mean 3 5/8 inch of thread showing here?

Old 08-16-2019, 05:04 PM
Also, did you do set it to max stiff in the rear and the recommended settings (6 clicks from stiff) to the front? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-11-2020, 06:32 AM
5 Year Member
Hi,

Anybody here that installed the Tein Flex Z encounter any problems?
I have been using the Flex Z for 8 months now and I felt the rear getting softer. So I checked the rear and found that the adjustments were off by ard 8 clicks from my last settings(-4 clicks from the hardest).
The front could not be adjusted as the adjustment nut is somehow jammed. Even using the supplied adjustment tool did not help. I decided to leave the front alone as it was still performing as desired.
It was a surprise as I did not expect the settings to "go off"...........

The quality leaves alot to be desired...............

Think I'll try Cusco next

Old 04-11-2020, 11:14 PM
5 Year Member
Never had any issues with mine in the 3 years 30k+ Miles.

Old 03-22-2022, 01:16 PM
Which one would you recommend for a DD. Street basis Z or Flex Z?

Old 03-25-2022, 06:45 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by RD36
Which one would you recommend for a DD. Street basis Z or Flex Z?
I would highly recommend you go with Cusco if possible.
I have used both Tein Flez Z and Cusco Street Zero A on my car.
The Tein set is heavy as hell and the front damper adjusters seized up after 20,000km. That and the Rear springs and dampers have to be adjusted to the end of the adjustable range in order for the rear ride height to be in line with the front..... Tein just disappoints.
Cusco just beats Tein anytime.

Quick Reply: Tein Flex Z