Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   3rd Generation GK Specific Suspension & Brakes Sub-Forum (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/)
-   -   GK Camber Bolts (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-generation-gk-specific-suspension-brakes-sub-forum/86981-gk-camber-bolts.html)

jhn 12-28-2014 09:08 PM

GK Camber Bolts

SPC #81260 work great

s2kookies 06-05-2017 02:28 PM

Thanks for the info. I was trying to find out what Camber Bolts people were using and this is the only thing I was able to find. I just put in my order for mine and will drop back in when they arrive to confirm my fitment aswell. Thanks JHN.

Bump for others looking.

ClifFit 08-10-2017 03:56 AM

If I am just getting a H&R + Koni Orange setup to lower the car, are camber bolts necessary for the alignment afterwards? Or can the car be lowered without the camber bolts?
thanks!

hasdrubal 08-11-2017 08:16 PM

Considering most of the people here who post about lowering don't seem to use them, you will probably be fine. There are two general reasons I see to use camber bolts. First, if you track your car and need negative camber to give extra grip in turns, or second, if you have either wider tires or a different offset and want to pull the upper edge in to keep them from rubbing on the fenders.

kenchan 08-12-2017 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ClifFit (Post 1377867)
If I am just getting a H&R + Koni Orange setup to lower the car, are camber bolts necessary for the alignment afterwards? Or can the car be lowered without the camber bolts?
thanks!

you can run without camber bolts. actually there's really no adjustment on the Fits besides front toe.

but from a performance perspective, when i lowered my GD and especially the GE, i ran -2 degrees on the front which added a lot more bite during turns vs stock. the open diff really kills the exit of the turn so you want max tread contact while turning.

matthorkan@gmail.com 01-04-2018 10:47 AM

Does lowering the fit add positive camber that needs to be corrected with the camber bolt? I have a highway car (stock 2015 LX) so i'm ok with very slight (close to 0) camber but i dont want it to be 0 or positive after lowering. The front and rear suspension geometry is radically different, how do they differ when lowering? Thanks.

fit419 01-04-2018 03:31 PM

I went with 0 toe and -1.5 degrees up front when I lowered my car on Swifts. I love the extra bite and turn in response.

hasdrubal 01-05-2018 01:01 AM

The rear is a trailing arm setup, and camber is not affected by lowering. The front is a MacPherson strut, and if anything might see a slight negative camber when lowered, but very slight. When I lowered my car, I also added wider tires (205/50/16) on aftermarket wheels, and without the camber bolts it causes rubbing on the fender liners. If you go with narrower tires or a different offset, you may not need them.

fit419 01-09-2018 09:24 AM

I thought I'd add that I just switched to my winter wheels yesterday and did not see any extra wear on the inside of the front tires from the more aggressive alignment.

evilchargerfan 04-30-2018 03:51 PM

sweet, i happen to have a set laying around! (looks like wrx camber bolts are the same exact pn)

CodemanGK5 06-23-2018 09:24 AM

Installed these on mine recently after lowering with Koni Orange/Eibach Pro Kit, and what a difference -2 degrees makes in the corners!

evilchargerfan 06-25-2018 12:28 AM

did you install yours on the lower, or the top hole?

CodemanGK5 06-25-2018 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1403482)

Installed according to SPC's instructions, top hole. Loosen the bottom bolt a touch to pivot the knuckle to the desired setting and tighten them both down.

evilchargerfan 06-25-2018 11:56 AM

did you use the tab that came in the packaging? or just the bolt itself and nut?

CodemanGK5 06-25-2018 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1403482)

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1403516)
did you use the tab that came in the packaging? or just the bolt itself and nut?

I used it all, the tab doesn't come off, it's attached to the toothed washer that helps keep the camber setting by gripping the strut with it's little teeth.

I'll try and get a couple pics for you as soon as I can.

evilchargerfan 06-26-2018 06:30 PM

the top hole (for koni orange anyway) was perfectly round, and did not leave any room for the tab:
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...17023e55c4.jpg

I ended up removing the tab, and installed just the bolt up top. Next go around, I'm gonna try the lower hole since its elongated and does have room to fit both the camber bolt + tab
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...9b67447e60.jpg

evilchargerfan 10-18-2018 02:05 PM

update:

moved the bolt to the lower elongated hole. was not only able to fit the washer in there, but also gained more camber adjustability. go figure

Shutterspeed 12-08-2018 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1415531)
update:

moved the bolt to the lower elongated hole. was not only able to fit the washer in there, but also gained more camber adjustability. go figure

older thread but maybe it'll help someone. when you install the camber bolts they go in the top hole. the tab on the washer lines up with the backside of the lobe on the bolt. so if lobe is at 12 o'clock the tab is at 6 o'clock.

evilchargerfan 12-08-2018 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Shutterspeed (Post 1418911)
older thread but maybe it'll help someone. when you install the camber bolts they go in the top hole. the tab on the washer lines up with the backside of the lobe on the bolt. so if lobe is at 12 o'clock the tab is at 6 o'clock.

can you show us some pictures, of how this is done?

Shutterspeed 12-26-2018 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by evilchargerfan (Post 1418912)
can you show us some pictures, of how this is done?

noticed you were installing them on Koni Oranges, this might be why they didn't go correctly in the top hole. Stock struts allow you to use the top one.