3rd Generation GK Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the third generation Honda Fit (GK)

Wheel spacers and investing in wheel locks

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 03:25 PM
Wheel spacers and investing in wheel locks

So i got my wheel spacer mailed to me for the backs last night.

Name:  Ch4YLXQl.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  46.9 KB

Looks sharp. I got them from Amazon 4 x 100 1'' wheel spacer

Amazon.com: (2) 25mm (1") 4x100 Wheel Spacers for Honda Civic Acura Integra Mazda Protégé Miata Toyota MR2: Automotive Amazon.com: (2) 25mm (1") 4x100 Wheel Spacers for Honda Civic Acura Integra Mazda Protégé Miata Toyota MR2: Automotive

They fit just right. The bore size is a "little" bit large but spacer fits just right when screwed on.

Before wheel spacer

Name:  7UFIW2D.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  396.3 KB

And after

Name:  fwuQrbI.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  612.6 KB

it appears to stick out past the splash guards, but it is quite flush to the side of the body, fender, and rear passenger door. Now I'm curious if the splash guards will do their thing since the tires stick out past their sides a bit.

On a side note about investing in wheel locks. I'm going to need to do that. While putting on my rear passenger spacer, I was shocked to find that one of my lug nuts was missing and the other three loose. The irony is that I watched the news recently about wheel thefts and Honda being the #1 auto theft thus far, and also reading some articles online about Honda Civics and Fit oem wheels being highly targeted. I guess it doesn't matter what neighborhood it is.... wheels, aftermarket or oem, will get jacked. Some day.

Old 08-25-2014, 03:58 AM
Bolt Pattern: 4x100. Hub Bore: 60.1 (NOTE: Not the correct hub bore for 2015 Fit). Spacer Thickness: 25mm (1 inch). Stud/Nut Thread Pitch: 12mm x 1.5
* I have the 56.1mm hub version on order... hopefully they are the right size.

When you say the bore is a little bit large, how much larger? Do you know the exact measurement of the car hub? You are not planning on using a hubcentric spacer ring?

Would you say the offset is about the same as the front now? or significantly further out? I am looking for a spacer size that moves the wheel out to the same depth as the front... wouldn't want the wife to realize I changed anything on her car :x

Also, do the stock wheels have "blanks" in between the bolt pattern (that the existing studs poke into) when the spacer is bolted on? I'd assume so, I don't think 25mm is thick enough to match the stock stud length.

Last edited by Bigbadvoodooguru; 08-25-2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: updating for reference
Old 08-25-2014, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru
Bolt Pattern: 4x100. Hub Bore: 60.1. Spacer Thickness: 25mm (1 inch). Stud/Nut Thread Pitch: 12mm x 1.5

When you say the bore is a little bit large, how much larger? Do you know the exact measurement of the car hub? You are not planning on using a hubcentric spacer ring?

Would you say the offset is about the same as the front now? or significantly further out? I am looking for a spacer size that moves the wheel out to the same depth as the front... wouldn't want the wife to realize I changed anything on her car :x

Also, do the stock wheels have "blanks" in between the bolt pattern (that the existing studs poke into) when the spacer is bolted on? I'd assume so, I don't think 25mm is thick enough to match the stock stud length.

I believe the stock hub bore is the same as others have mentioned, 56.1. I was thinking of getting hubcentric rings but when I tightened the nuts of the spacers, they pretty much centered everything together. When I say the bore of the spacer is a little bit larger, I mean I can't even stick my fifth finger in between the spacer and the stock bore. So maybe 1/10th an inch?

The stock wheels have "blanks" in between the bolt pattern.

As for the 25mm spacer. I had measured the front wheels and the rear wheels from sidewall to fender, and I came to the conclusion that 25mm is adequate.

Rear wheels is about 1-1.25 inch from fender
Front wheels is about 0.25 inch from fender.

So I got the 25 mm (1 inch) wheel spacer for the rear wheels. They look better now, but not exactly flush to the point where they look a bit "off" compared to the front wheels.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:15 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by noripwr
I believe the stock hub bore is the same as others have mentioned, 56.1. I was thinking of getting hubcentric rings but when I tightened the nuts of the spacers, they pretty much centered everything together. When I say the bore of the spacer is a little bit larger, I mean I can't even stick my fifth finger in between the spacer and the stock bore. So maybe 1/10th an inch?

The stock wheels have "blanks" in between the bolt pattern.

As for the 25mm spacer. I had measured the front wheels and the rear wheels from sidewall to fender, and I came to the conclusion that 25mm is adequate.

Rear wheels is about 1-1.25 inch from fender
Front wheels is about 0.25 inch from fender.

So I got the 25 mm (1 inch) wheel spacer for the rear wheels. They look better now, but not exactly flush to the point where they look a bit "off" compared to the front wheels.

Thank you for your post. Is there a spacer that has already hub bore that fits our wheel so I don't have to buy an extra piece for the gap? I don't mind spending extra for a name brand. Do you notice any vibration in the back?

Old 08-25-2014, 04:19 PM
Old 08-25-2014, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by payluder
Thank you for your post. Is there a spacer that has already hub bore that fits our wheel so I don't have to buy an extra piece for the gap? I don't mind spending extra for a name brand. Do you notice any vibration in the back?
No vibration at all.

Old 08-25-2014, 04:32 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Bigbadvoodooguru

Thanks Bigbad exactly what I wanted so I don't have to get the extra center ring.

Old 08-26-2014, 07:48 AM
5 Year Member
i have one set of oem Honda wheel locks for sale. info in my sig. PM me if interested

*****************SOLD

Last edited by TofuShop; 04-03-2015 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 10:58 AM
5 Year Member
No Consequence?

The whole look is so much improved with the spacers installed!

Does anyone know if this mod has any adverse affect on the wheel bearings and/or spindles? Adding the spacer moves the center of the rim/tire off the center of the bearing ... will bearings wear out faster?

Very curious about this

Old 09-28-2014, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by payluder
Thanks Bigbad exactly what I wanted so I don't have to get the extra center ring.

I got this one too with hubcentric spacers, centerbore of 56.1mm . form Ebay

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/3rd-...5-lowered.html

Last edited by bbigmouthh; 09-28-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:37 PM
I have a 2015 FIT

the little "check if it fits on your vehicle" thing says it won't fit my 2015 FIT.

Should I disregard this???

Old 07-23-2015, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by Paz_Honda
I have a 2015 FIT

the little "check if it fits on your vehicle" thing says it won't fit my 2015 FIT.

Should I disregard this???
If you're buying the Amazon ones from the 2nd link they fit.

Old 07-23-2015, 01:50 PM
Ok, yeah. Like the 56.1 ones. Ok man. Thanks!!!
And do you know IF the back wheels will stick out further than the fronts, or vice versa if I use 25mm on both???

Last edited by Paz_Honda; 07-23-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Adding information
Old 07-29-2015, 03:06 AM
5 Year Member
the front already sticks out about an inch more then the back so only the back is needed to even them out with the front

Old 08-15-2015, 09:05 PM
Thanks for that info

Old 03-20-2018, 01:31 AM
Same spacers, another view point.

Before/After shot of the same spacers installed on a totally stock 2015.

Old 03-28-2018, 01:01 AM
Not surprising about the wheels. It is totally possible that someone was attempting to take them and fled (or they weren't torqued correctly after being removed last).

Before I bought my Fit, I read a review from an automotive magazine that test drove a Fit EX. Within the first few days, they witnessed someone trying to steal the wheels off of it.

I wound up going with the LX. DOn't think anybody will steal steelies. But due to theft of Hondas being common in NYC (and most everywhere), I will be going with cheap replica wheels when I modify it. Leave the good stuff for my VW (Nobody steals VWs! Why would they? lol)

I will also probably be purchasing these or similar spacers. Good post!