3rd Generation GK Specific Wheel & Tire Sub-Forum This sub-forum is for all wheel & tire threads pertaining to the third generation Honda Fit (GK)

Enkei RPF1 16 or 15?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 03:11 PM
Enkei RPF1 16 or 15?

Hi Everyone,

Excuse my ignorance on this matter. I have a 15 Fit EX (Modern Steel) and its really just lowered with RSR Down sus springs (stock shocks).

I am looking into some Enkei's RPF1 (back) but was wondering if I should stick to 16's or 15's?

I am not in it really for any performance but i really like the look of the rims.
If i go with 15's could i get tires that would make the ride a little softer or should I just go with 16s with the same tire size as stock (if it does use the same tire size)

If I went with 15s would the gap between the fender and wheel show more because of the smaller rim?

Again I am not at all well versed in wheels and sizes so apologies in advance. Thanks guys!

Old 09-09-2016, 07:49 PM
Will someone please answer this fellow member's questions?

Old 09-16-2016, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by MyFirstHonda
Will someone please answer this fellow member's questions?
It is hard to answer the question, if you don't have the same setup to measure how much gap you have left after lowering the car.

But here is a link to compare the size of the tires, then the measurements can be used against the space that is left after lowering the car: LINK for Tire Comparison with measurements

Old 04-16-2017, 02:28 AM
The 2015 FIT EX has a stock rim size of 16x6 +53mm offset, I just ordered the RPF1 16x7 +43mm offset. These rims will stick out 10mm if you use stock tires. Go here for more detailed fitment info comparison. Custom wheels, rim tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Old 10-20-2017, 09:37 AM
I've been looking into this very thing with the Enkei RPF1s (my EX is also "modern steel"). Want to lighten the unsprung load from stock and actually considering 15". I'd be curious if anyone could chime in about how the car feels, gas mileage, etc. after going from stock 16" wheels to Enkei.

Some have posted photos of 17x7 Enkei RPF1s on smaller sidewalls (45 - looked slick), however, I live in a city with [shamefull] potholes so I'm concerned about wheel damage.

Old 10-20-2017, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by slinginit
I've been looking into this very thing with the Enkei RPF1s (my EX is also "modern steel"). Want to lighten the unsprung load from stock and actually considering 15". I'd be curious if anyone could chime in about how the car feels, gas mileage, etc. after going from stock 16" wheels to Enkei.

Some have posted photos of 17x7 Enkei RPF1s on smaller sidewalls (45 - looked slick), however, I live in a city with [shamefull] potholes so I'm concerned about wheel damage.
I can't comment about going to 15" Enkei since I've never tried them. Personally I think it's tires more than the wheel diameter that effect gas millage? I have a manual trans 2017 LX that came with 15" wheels

I swapped the stock steel wheels with hubcaps for some older Borbet wheels. I'm using the OEM installed 185/60/15 tires. No change in fuel economy. Basically 39-42 mpg

I have a set of Tire Rack house brand 16X7" TR wheel. While not quite as light as Enkei RPFI, they are still lighter than stock and one of the lighter wheels one can buy for the money. Mounted to them are a set of Bridgestone RE-71R in a 205/50/16. These are extreme performance 200TW tires that are track day or autocross oriented. Millage drops to about 36-38mpg when installed

Currently installed are a set of 16X7" Maxxim wheels that were a cheap Craigslist find. Even though I haven't weighed them, I'd suspect equal to or maybe heavier than OEM wheels? These have a set of 215/40/16 BF Goodrich Rival S tires. Again extreme performance 200TW tires. Similar millage to the TR wheels. About 36-38 mpg.

Personally, I wouldn't run a set of RPF1 for a daily driver in the city. I own a set for my WRX that I autocross. You WILL dent them in the city. They are incredibly light weight and the inner portion of the wheel is very thin. IMO they aren't designed for daily driving. If you have you heart set on them, my advice would be to buy five for the day one gets bent. While they have been popular for awhile, you never know when they might get discontinued or available color options might change.

As an additional side note: I haven't checked wheel diameter to stock. My perception is the car with the Maxxim wheels and 215/40/16 tires seems to accelerate and have a similar feel to the OEM setup. The car feels "heavier" and slower accelerating with the TR wheels. I suspect the overall tire dimeter is larger than the OEM setup and contributes to the feel? Obviously the TR wheels and tires are lighter than OEM.

With the TR wheels Basically used for autocross only.

With the Maxxim wheels Current daily driver setup

Last edited by Rob H; 10-20-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 01:49 PM
5 Year Member
I've got 16" RPF1 as daily driver wheels, but I bought them knowing the roads I use are relatively smooth. If you're worried about potholes and still want that wheel, the 15" ought to help. A few cars ago I had 40 series tires on an old BMW with 17" no name wheels, and they got bent more than once.

I was actually looking at the 15" for myself, but found out the tire I wanted wasn't offered in the right size- but I'm aware most people don't care too much about particular tire models.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:23 AM
The wheel gap should be about the same between the two wheel diameters, as you generally run a higher or lower sidewall aspect ratio to compensate and keep the circumference close to stock. Deviating too far from stock specs will have an impact on speedometer accuracy.

Of course, there can be some variation, as not all tire manufactures tires are the exact same size as other brands.