Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   California - Southern Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/california-southern-community/)
-   -   GUNS CHICKEN and WAFFLES! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/california-southern-community/26601-guns-chicken-waffles.html)

I<3GD3 06-11-2008 03:23 AM

GUNS CHICKEN and WAFFLES!

After much discussion with azncarbos and angelberybblgum, we've decided to gather up a few local fit freakers for a fun night at a shooting range and a healthy greasy meal over at Roscoe's Chicken and Waffle afterwards. Cuz honestly, there are only a few things better than GUNS CHICKEN AND WAFFLES. lol If all goes well, we'll make this a monthly thing. We'll be shooting at the Los Angeles Gun Club, which is just minutes from Little Tokyo in downtown LA. and eating at the Roscoe's on Pico Blvd.

If you haven't shot guns before, don't worry, I'll give you a quick safety run down. Gun rental and 50 rounds will run you roughly $30. You can shoot anything from shotguns, rifles, handguns, and revolvers. It's a lot of fun and great stress relief. Best part is, the range opens till 11pm. So we can accommodate those who work late or like to avoid traffic at all cost.

Range FAQ
  1. To rent a firearm you must be a gun owner or in a party of two or more.
  2. To purchase ammunition in the State of California you must be 21 years of age or older.
  3. All weapons and ammunition must be inspected at the counter prior to admission to the range.
    No exceptions!!
  4. No steel jacket, brass jacket, semi jacketed, exposed lead, soft or hollow point bullets allowed.
    Full metal jacket only!!
  5. No black powder.
    Pistol caliber rifles only.
  6. No persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs allowed.
  7. Valid pictured identification is required to enter the range.
  8. Persons under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
  9. Everyone must wear eye and hearing protection while in the range.
  10. While in the range: No smoking, No eating, No drinking
  11. No holstered weapons or quick draw shooting allowed.
  12. No more than 2 shooters in a booth without range officer approval.
  13. Load and unload weapons inside of the booth only. This is very important.
  14. Never point a firearm at anyone!! Always have your firearms pointed in a safe direction.
    Treat every firearm as if it were loaded!!
  15. Never pass your firearms to another person until the cylinder or action is open and
    you have visually checked that it is unloaded!!
  16. Never bring a loaded weapon out of the range!! If your gun malfunctions,
    lay it in the booth facing down range and notify the range officer.
  17. No rapid fire allowed with rental guns. One shot every 2 seconds maximum.
  18. Rental guns must be used only with our reload ammo for insurance reasons.
    If we catch you using your ammo, you will be charged $100.00.
  19. The red line at 21 feet is the minimum target distance.
  20. You cannot take out any brass from the range!! No exceptions!!
    Reloaders, brass keepers, brass stealers, please go elsewhere!!
  21. No pregnant women allowed inside the range. The noise will damage the fetus.

We're gonna set this for a saturday night. we got 6/14, 6/21, 6/28 to choose from.

Red Ant 06-11-2008 03:31 AM

:D sounds fun hehehe
count me in for this one, any sat will be cool for me

hahah i remember the last time i went to the shooting range my friends were making fun of me cause i'm so small and when i shot my whole body shook:o

azncarbos 06-11-2008 11:40 AM

Sweet nothing better then Shooting few round then having some chicken and waffles After!!!!!! I'm in

vinnimac 06-11-2008 11:46 AM

Sounds like a real good time. Got my own GP100. What's the quickest way to get there from Toledo, Ohio?

ascGD3 06-11-2008 01:07 PM

any age requirement?

azncarbos 06-11-2008 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by vinnimac (Post 336941)
Sounds like a real good time. Got my own GP100. What's the quickest way to get there from Toledo, Ohio?

Do It!!!!

it two day drive....

azncarbos 06-11-2008 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by ascGD3 (Post 337001)
any age requirement?

i think it 18 and over or someone must sign off for you.....not totally sure...b/c the last time i went my father sign off for me......and I was only 15....

I<3GD3 06-11-2008 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by ascGD3 (Post 337001)
any age requirement?

yes, thank you for reminding me. Those who are 18 and younger need to be accompanied by an adult. And you must be 21 and over to purchase ammo. Those who wish to shoot but not old enough to purchase ammo, will be partnered up with someone who can.

ascGD3 06-12-2008 01:53 PM

thx for the update!
ill ask my cousin if he wants to go w/ ;)
maybe he can bring his ep3 w/ him:D

I<3GD3 06-13-2008 12:55 PM

just a quick update for you guys.... I went to the range last night to relieve some stress after a whole week of finals. I decided to shoot a .44 magnum. I just can't seem to find the right words that describes the feeling i get from shooting it. It's like as soon as I held it in my hands, the surrounding light dimmed and a heavenly spotlight was shining down on me with the uplifting voices the alter choir. Like Michelangelo's rendition of God touching David in the Sistine Chapel, I was anointed with a gift to strike fear into the heart of my motionless target. I felt as if, while shooting it, everything was in slow motion. Thereafter, I could not wipe the sh!t eating grin off my face once experiencing the concussion and recoil expressed by my smoking friend. Ah yes my friends, a .44 magnum is something else. It's one of the most enjoyable on my long of guns i have shot, though it was inaccurate.

ascGD3 06-13-2008 01:05 PM

nice description
:D:);)