Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   California - Southern Community (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/california-southern-community/)
-   -   New owner in Socal! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/california-southern-community/60463-new-owner-socal.html)

2Fit 11-08-2010 12:57 AM

New owner in Socal!

Hi Everyone!

I'm a new owner of a 2010 TW sport fit. I traded in my Evo X solely for the reason of saving money (lower insurance, less time at the gas station, and lower monthly payments) but for some ironic reason I'm investing in this fit!!! :cool: I miss the handling aspect that I had on my X so I'm doing some research on coilovers for the fit. I know I'll never get close to what I use to have but personalizing the fit is never a bad thing. I love this car:D

Anyways, I'm trying to do all the research I can before pulling the trigger on some coilovers but I got to thinking that I need to find a reputable shop first. I don't have the tools or space to work on something of this scale but besides the point does anyone know a good shop? Lastly are there any local shops that you can suggest to buy parts from? I've been browsing this forum for a week and I haven't found a local shop that sells parts for the fit.

Thanks for any information posted:wavey:

Fitting 11-09-2010 03:10 AM

Welcome to the forum:wavey:
Give Gimme a pm if u want some work done. He done my suspension and bunch of other fits.
I say look over the for sale section on this site cause there plenty of parts for sale there.

dela 11-09-2010 11:03 AM

welcome to socal ff.net!

might wanna check out the suspension and braking section specifically for GE8s...
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...kes-sub-forum/

vinn 11-09-2010 04:25 PM

Hey 2Fit, whats your name on SCE?

Anyways, welcome haha

Most shops you would have to special order because the demand isn't too high

2Fit 11-09-2010 05:27 PM

Thanks for the welcome!! I'm actually very impressed with the fit in relation to the total cost of the vehicle. Anyways, I could go on about it but you guys probably heard/read this plenty of times.

I'm constantly looking through the FS thread on any parts that I could possibly purchase. Thank you for the link, I'll be sure to look through it more when I get off from work and whatnot.

Vinn, my SN on SCE is: 808lanevo. I rarely post or went out to meets because I knew if I did ... it would be very, very tempted to pick up parts without thinking about the financial consequences ... bleh. The cost of parts for the evo was pretty damn expensive when I have/had a huuuge monthly payment:( So besides the point, I recently just sold my exhaust and rims through the forum at a huge lost but whatevers ... it's over and done with and at least a member could enjoy them.

Thanks again for the welcome!!

JDMxGE8 11-09-2010 05:37 PM

Welcome!

RACELINE USA
9237 Lower Azusa Rd. #L
Temple City, CA 91780
(626) 292-7030

We specialize with Hondas and have worked on many Fits. We sell parts and provide complete service. Feel free to give us a call.

- Matt at RACELINE

Fit4Trav 11-09-2010 10:51 PM

Welcome to the forums.

For the GE I have heard goof things about buddy club coilovers and the D2; but I own a GD (1st gen) so i have no personal experience.

konespeed 11-10-2010 02:45 PM

Welcome 2Fit and congrats on getting a fit! Hope to see you at a meet soon.

Evan_2k 11-10-2010 03:49 PM

fit=fail get out while you still can

dela 11-11-2010 08:41 AM

lol evan... fit hasnt failed me... i bought it specifically to be a commuter...

2Fit 11-11-2010 10:36 AM

hahaha, it's funny that you say that because I've noticed that while driving this car, people don't give you too much respect on the road. I've only driven the car for about a solid week and I have already been cut off 4 times ... luckily for the tiny engine and short front end. Anyways, I guess I can't take out my anger on the car by ripping it like how I used to with the Evo. This car is definitely teaching me on how to be patient and just swear like a mother pucker in the car :D hahaha

dela 11-11-2010 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2Fit (Post 931213)
hahaha, it's funny that you say that because I've noticed that while driving this car, people don't give you too much respect on the road. I've only driven the car for about a solid week and I have already been cut off 4 times ... luckily for the tiny engine and short front end. Anyways, I guess I can't take out my anger on the car by ripping it like how I used to with the Evo. This car is definitely teaching me on how to be patient and just swear like a mother pucker in the car :D hahaha

haha yeah... small cars always get this treatment...

JDMxGE8 11-11-2010 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by dela (Post 931182)
lol evan... fit hasnt failed me... i bought it specifically to be a commuter...

x2. I love my GE8. :D

Evan_2k 11-11-2010 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by JDMxGE8 (Post 931250)
x2. I love my GE8. :D

not when you get rear ended at 10mph and your whole bumper comes off and reinforcement bar is torn off :(

accordguyintake 11-11-2010 01:26 PM

hehehe when i see people about to cut me off at night (which is often), I just turn on my rice lights as a hi! :)

accordguyintake 11-11-2010 01:27 PM

Oh evan, no one cares :D

hahah jk well a small car needs to deform so that YOU don't. Do you want all that energy attacking yo body?

konespeed 11-11-2010 01:27 PM

I love my GD too, a great platform!

dela 11-11-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by accordguyintake (Post 931262)
Oh evan, no one cares :D

hahah jk well a small car needs to deform so that YOU don't. Do you want all that energy attacking yo body?

this is true... i'd want the car to absorb the impact rather then carry the energy it to my spine... kinda like f1 cars shatter during a hard crash as opposed to staying in one piece... minus the cockpit...

Pandahh 11-12-2010 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Evan_2k (Post 930931)
fit=fail get out while you still can

what a jerk ://

welcome to the forums 2ft :) don't listen to him hahaha

2Fit 11-12-2010 12:19 AM

haha no worries man. Everyone has their opinions but I chose to buy this car to save money. The previous cars I owned prior to the evo was an audi A4 that was also modded too but this just seems practical now-a-days. Hopefully I can get some mods on the car and then hopefully join up for a meet or two to see what other people have done to their fits :).

Thanks again for the warm welcome!