Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Car Shows, Events, and Racing (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/car-shows-events-racing/)
-   -   Autocrossing Ohio (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/car-shows-events-racing/64289-autocrossing-ohio.html)

Tauwolf 04-18-2011 06:08 PM

Autocrossing Ohio

I had my first ever autox event yesterday. 6 runs, 4 of them screwed up haha. But my last run I actually didn't miss any cones and put together a respectable time good for 2nd place novice, 4th place ST class, and 45th overall (out of 73). I was actually only .4 seconds out of second place in my class.

Looking forward to the May event! Man autocross is quick and intense!

etf 04-18-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Tauwolf (Post 984762)
I had my first ever autox event yesterday. 6 runs, 4 of them screwed up haha. But my last run I actually didn't miss any cones and put together a respectable time good for 2nd place novice, 4th place ST class, and 45th overall (out of 73). I was actually only .4 seconds out of second place in my class.

Looking forward to the May event! Man autocross is quick and intense!

Incredible! Got 'em all, huh! :rotfl:

Tauwolf 05-11-2011 06:32 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 36227

Attachment 36228

Attachment 36229

Attachment 36230

Attachment 36231

cycoxtr 05-15-2011 10:14 PM

Good job, Brian. Nice to finally see another Fit Racer in the Midwest.

Tauwolf 05-16-2011 12:05 AM

Yeah! It was awesome seeing another Fit. You are so smooth. The lines you ran today were gorgeous. How did you end up in H Stock? I saw someone in your class run in the low 50's. That's retarded lol.

Well, Fitfreaks, cycoxtr and I carried the Fit banner today at event #2 in the Northwest Ohio Region SCCA Solo season. He'll have to tell ya how he did because the results aren't posted yet.

I finished 1st overall Novice, and 3rd in my Street Touring class. It was a really fun weekend of grinding up perfectly good and innocent Star Specs.... :)

PS. Twice today I heard "I got beat by a Fit!" :D

cycoxtr 05-16-2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tauwolf (Post 993733)
Yeah! It was awesome seeing another Fit. You are so smooth. The lines you ran today were gorgeous. How did you end up in H Stock? I saw someone in your class run in the low 50's. That's retarded lol.

Well, Fitfreaks, cycoxtr and I carried the Fit banner today at event #2 in the Northwest Ohio Region SCCA Solo season. He'll have to tell ya how he did because the results aren't posted yet.

I finished 1st overall Novice, and 3rd in my Street Touring class. It was a really fun weekend of grinding up perfectly good and innocent Star Specs.... :)

PS. Twice today I heard "I got beat by a Fit!" :D

There was another Fit?. I saw a white one and he was a friend of mine, but he didn't race his Fit. Great job on taking 1st! I could really see the benefits of having stiffer suspension. The one guy that got mid 50's was running sticks. No way we could ever catch him.

Tauwolf 06-12-2011 08:07 PM

Event #3. Not my best showing of the season. Finished 4th of 6 in ST, and I think 5th overall novice. I knew I left a second or two out there on the course, so there's some personal disappointment in knowing I could have done better.

Next weekend is an awesome 3-day Pro-Solo event up in Michigan. If you don't know what that is, just think "drag racing with turns on mirror image courses". Can't wait.

FitFlowjoe 06-15-2011 06:18 PM

Tauwolf... If the drive is not too long you should come to St.Louis SCCA Solos!!... Or we should meet up for one in Indy !! I would love to race another Fit !!

I have been Auto X'ing my GD3 in ST Class for 3 yrs now... I still love to see peoples face when they laugh that you are racing a Fit and then they ask about your time.. and the smile goes away ... CLASSIC !!!

Tear the cones up brother !! Enjoy ... EAT/SLEEP/AUTO X

Tauwolf 06-15-2011 11:10 PM

I definately plan to go to at least one of the Lincoln events next year, and Indy is very doable for me. I am hooked, and plan on making this a hobby for many years to come. I need as much seat time as I can get haha.

I was asked by 3 different people at the last event "How do you get a FIT to go so fast???" haha that made me feel good. :)

FitFlowjoe 06-16-2011 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tauwolf (Post 1004085)
I was asked by 3 different people at the last event "How do you get a FIT to go so fast???" haha that made me feel good. :)

Gotta love it...

Let me know if you ever want to hit up the Indy scene... I might get a few other Honda Auto X buddies to go... a DC2 LS and a Mugen FD2

Tauwolf 06-27-2011 03:42 PM

Just a few updated pics in my other thread, from this past weekend's ProSolo up in Oscoda, Michigan.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-milano-3.html

The BOM 07-02-2011 01:24 AM

Glad to see another Fit being put through it's paces on course :D

I'm in ST as well and don't have any competition :(
I'm actually competing ahead of cars in STX as well... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty well known in my region, and the times are always a shocker for those that don't know what me and the car are capable of :D

Should be making the State Solo Championships in FL!

What's your tire/suspension setup? I'm on Bilstein PSS coilovers and 16x7 +45 w/ Kumho Ecsta XS 215/45/16

Edit: lol, and i have your mirrors :rotfl:
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...sSloHonduh.jpg
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...MkVTcJr-XL.jpg

FitFlowjoe 07-03-2011 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by The BOM (Post 1009033)

What's your tire/suspension setup? I'm on Bilstein PSS coilovers and 16x7 +45 w/ Kumho Ecsta XS 215/45/16

Thats a great set up!! Wish the GD3 could get those Bilsteins... What are your spring rates at? your car looks really stiff....

I have a GD3 and I'm running the Skunk2 Pro C's 6k/6k, progress rear sway bar, Cusco and T1R bars, and Advan AD08's on 15x7 Enkei RPF1's 205/50 - 15... but I am trying to fit 225's in the front so well see :)

Also might switch tires soon to Toyo R1R or Dunlop Z1.. Any thoughts?

Tauwolf 07-09-2011 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by The BOM (Post 1009033)
Glad to see another Fit being put through it's paces on course :D

I'm in ST as well and don't have any competition :(
I'm actually competing ahead of cars in STX as well... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty well known in my region, and the times are always a shocker for those that don't know what me and the car are capable of :D

Should be making the State Solo Championships in FL!

Edit: lol, and i have your mirrors :rotfl:
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...sSloHonduh.jpg
http://i424.photobucket.com/albums/p...MkVTcJr-XL.jpg

Ok, first of all, Awesome looking car. Are the Bilsteins as good as I suspect they are? I'm running Swift springs and a Progress RSB. Pretty standard stuff.

Second, You're running faster than STX cars??? ummm, huh????

Third, we had 17 cars in ST at our national event last weekend, and usually get 5-8 cars for regionals. I'm surprised no one is showing up for ST down there. We jokingly refer to it as "Spec Civic", though. Last weekend it was 15 1989-90 Civic SI's, an Integra, and me. Yeah, I finished 17th....

I've been fooling myself all this time. There's no way an automatic FIT can compete in ST. Hell, I couldn't compete in H Stock. The Mini's are way quicker than me. If I'm going to even have a chance to compete I'm going to have to get a manual before next year.

Tauwolf 07-09-2011 06:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 34289

Tauwolf 07-16-2011 06:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Couple of decent pics from a May event, before I got the cool magnetic numbers.

Attachment 34080

Attachment 34081

The BOM 07-17-2011 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by Tauwolf (Post 1011426)
Ok, first of all, Awesome looking car. Are the Bilsteins as good as I suspect they are? I'm running Swift springs and a Progress RSB. Pretty standard stuff.

Second, You're running faster than STX cars??? ummm, huh????

Third, we had 17 cars in ST at our national event last weekend, and usually get 5-8 cars for regionals. I'm surprised no one is showing up for ST down there. We jokingly refer to it as "Spec Civic", though. Last weekend it was 15 1989-90 Civic SI's, an Integra, and me. Yeah, I finished 17th....

I've been fooling myself all this time. There's no way an automatic FIT can compete in ST. Hell, I couldn't compete in H Stock. The Mini's are way quicker than me. If I'm going to even have a chance to compete I'm going to have to get a manual before next year.

Thank you for the kind words! I actually had some others in ST this weekend, but both were rookies and about 4-5 seconds behind my pace. I try and compete against a friends B18 EG civic in SMF and a VW R32 in STX. Since our region is kinda small (40-50 cars an event is typical), i have to "find" competition lol. I love the bilsteins, and i get compliments on the car's transitions through slaloms. They're definately not an uncomfortable coilover, as i daily commute on them, but they do stiffen up if you toss the car ;)

I was actually torn between Buddyclubs and the Bilsteins, then i finally confirmed that the HPD Bspec Fit was on the PSS coilovers. I promptly ordered them within a couple days and haven't had any regrets since :D Sure, the Buddyclubs are probably better on course but the primary function of the car is still getting me from A to B :cool:

And yes, i know i'd lose like a b**** against a proper ST car... so i just enjoy running with "faster" cars and watching people's jaws fall to the tarmac. That's part of the fun isn't it?? :D