Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Car Shows, Events, and Racing (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/car-shows-events-racing/)
-   -   NJ/NY/PA/CT get together and fall drive! Bear Mountain to High Point. (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/car-shows-events-racing/74602-nj-ny-pa-ct-get-together-fall-drive-bear-mountain-high-point.html)

x_25 10-07-2012 08:38 PM

NJ/NY/PA/CT get together and fall drive! Bear Mountain to High Point.

Moved too November 10th!

Alright guys, lets get this going. If at least 4 other people can make this, I will run it, so let me know because it will be short notice!

We will meet up at noon, October 20th (if it is not raining!) at Bear Mountain at the top of Perkins Memorial Drive at noon, leaving a 1:30pm to drive to Sunrise Mountain in NJ. This will be the longest drive of the day, about 1.5 hours along RT84 and then down into NJ. After that, we can hike up to the pavilion on to of the mountain for the view. Figure on leaving there about 4pm, where we will head to either Stokes State Forest (I need to find out if they are open and such) and then onto the High Point Monument. The monument will be closed, but the view from the base is also amazing. Most of this driving in north jersey will be through the mountains on two lane roads. After that plan on dinner at a local diner or nearby restaurant.

I will work out final details this week.

Let me know if you guys are in! I am hoping for only a few, since I don't know how to run a big event.

Moved too November 10th!

SieGunso 10-08-2012 12:46 AM

this sounds like fun! I'll know a definite answer by thursday if i can make it.

any chance on a rain date seeing on how it's on and off weather lately?

FitStir 10-08-2012 11:22 AM

Damn.. the next several weeks my schedule's full, booked solid. Sounds like a fun drive.

Been looking forward to a Fit meet for a while. :vtec:

Sabertooth 10-08-2012 11:52 AM

I don't think I can make the Bear Mountain run but, if this is to be the thread, I'll subscribe and try to make a future meet.

x_25 10-10-2012 10:20 AM

Sorry about the slow responces. Sunday through today have/will be busy (work and then a Calc II test this evening) but tomorrow my schedual frees up so I will get final details done, including setting a rain date.

Also, looking for at least 3 to 4 people to show up besides me, make sure to post if you are coming. If it ends up only being one or two people I will cancel and try to reschedual when more can make it!

cjecpa 10-10-2012 05:14 PM

If it was the weekend of the 27th I could make it, but already have plans for the weekend of the 20th.

x_25 10-10-2012 05:15 PM

I have plans the 27th, otherwise it would have been.

cjecpa 10-10-2012 08:54 PM

Thats okay maybe next time or in April get a group for Watkin Glens opening weekend did with my Miata last year $50 for 9 laps.

x_25 10-10-2012 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by cjecpa (Post 1138181)
Thats okay maybe next time or in April get a group for Watkin Glens opening weekend did with my Miata last year $50 for 9 laps.

That sounds fun! I will have to get some details on that.

cjecpa 10-10-2012 10:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is last year with my Miata Attachment 22934

hatchpat 10-11-2012 02:15 AM

Would be interested if I could get the day off at work......
I will find out. Stokes and high point are my old stomping grounds!

FitStir 10-11-2012 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by cjecpa (Post 1138181)

With out a doubt we have to organize this. By then we can probably get more fit owners to come out to. :vtec: :vtec: :vtec:

We could still do a mini-meet in November depending on everyone's schedules. :wavey:

x_25 10-12-2012 12:33 PM

It's looking like the 20th of october isn't working for people. Who could make it if we moved it to november 3rd? November 10th? (Let me know which, or if both work!)

If I don't hear from a few people by monday I will move the date. This isn't a huge issue since it gives me more time to get a few things done on the car. (Paint some things and, if all goes well, a clutch delay valve delete).

FitStir 10-12-2012 12:46 PM

Nov. 10 is open for me now... but it's all on what's better for the group. :wavey:

Originally Posted by x_25 (Post 1138612)
..... if all goes well, a clutch delay valve delete)....

ooooh... ya gotta help me when I do mine. :D

x_25 10-12-2012 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by FitStir (Post 1138616)
ooooh... ya gotta help me when I do mine. :D

We will have to see if mine works first. Roumer I found is that the master cylender from a 98 Civic will fit (and through research has the same bore)and rock auto had one on close out for $10 (a beck/arnley no less) so we will see how it goes.

cjecpa 10-12-2012 03:44 PM

November 10th would probably work for me.

hatchpat 10-12-2012 06:24 PM

If this turns out happening,
on whichever day it does,
the drive should visit Hawks Nest
outside of Port Jervis.
It's a cool ride if no bodies ever driven on it, it's an awesome ride.
Curvy and smooth.

x_25 10-12-2012 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by hatchpat (Post 1138724)
If this turns out happening,
on whichever day it does,
the drive should visit Hawks Nest
outside of Port Jervis.
It's a cool ride if no bodies ever driven on it, it's an awesome ride.
Curvy and smooth.

This looks like it will be happening in November at the moment (not official yet!) but that doesn't look too out of the way, and may be a good stop to add. I have no idea where/what it actually is though so you would have to show us.

hatchpat 10-12-2012 06:39 PM

Sounds good to me.
It's a cool ride, not far out of the way at all.
Car companies have used this stretch of road for tv commercials.
Winds and turns and awesome views. Will look awesome in November.
Great spot for some photo shoots too.

x_25 10-15-2012 09:03 PM

Ok guys, I am officially moving this to November 10th. It ends up working out better for me as well since I have had a few things come up as well.

I have two people who think they can make it the 10th, anyone else?