Conversation Between JamesBizzle and jdmisme
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 5 of 5
  1. jdmisme
    01-21-2015 08:58 PM - permalink
    Sorry, nothing yet. Most damage mirrors that I'm finding have the base ripped out of the entire motor section from accidents.
  2. JamesBizzle
    12-17-2014 01:54 PM - permalink
    Hi, I wanted to follow up with you to see if you ever got around to finding a damaged left side power folding mirror that I could salvage to motor from in order to swap out for mine?
  3. jdmisme
    12-30-2013 10:18 PM - permalink
    Just to be certain, this is for the GD/1st Gen fit, yes? I'm assuming they do but, just to be certain again, do they have the built-in turn signals, also? I won't be able to start looking until next week but I'll keep an eye out for one.
  4. jdmisme
    10-25-2013 03:25 AM - permalink
    If I can find a mirror that has a cracked housing, or some other issue with it that would allow me to obtain it for cheap, I'll let you know. In this case, I would only charge you what it would cost me to obtain and mail it to you. You're looking for the right side mirror, yes?
  5. jdmisme
    10-25-2013 03:21 AM - permalink
    Hey, sorry for the late reply. I have not been getting ANY notifications about posts, PM's or anything.

I have yet to find a set of Fit mirrors that I have found a problem with. I have never even heard of a Fit mirror problem until now. The older Honda folding mirrors, like the EK Civic and almost any other Honda power folding mirror from that generation, sometimes developed problems over time. Those problems included ball bearings found between the base of the motor unit and the mirror mount that either got rusty or just plain dirty and started to seize everything up. Also, one problem with those older mirrors was that the plastic piece which the main motor gear sat on would sometimes crack and cause the mirror to act as you are explaining. I have yet to have a problem with a Fit mirror so I have never opened them up to see how they tic. I wish I had some info to lead you in the right direction, but I really can't give you any advice as to what to check.