Conversation Between backwoods and Texas Coyote
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. backwoods
    12-08-2010 01:28 PM - permalink
    We might have a very veyr huge age difference, but I love Texas history and everything about Texas...so let the bonding begin
  2. Texas Coyote
    12-08-2010 01:05 PM - permalink
    When I grew up it was still legal to drink and drive in Texas though local ordinances prohibited it... I shared the backseat of my uncles 49 Olds Super 88 with empty Pearl cans and had a promotional picture of Judge Roy Bean's "Jersey Lilly" with a Pearl sign that had been in my fathers grocery store in my bedroom.... The Pearl national promotion was in late 79 and 80 and The theme was "From Luchenbach to Little Rock".... Now for some really wild trivia...... I was registered with a Dallas Talent agency in 79 and auditioned for a role in a crowd scene at the old Longhorn Ballroom in Dallas. The guys at the production company went ape shit crazy when I walked in a door and had a camera on me immediately and started referring to me as Mr Hundred Dollar Bills.. I became the Luchenbach Texas Cowboy and appeared in national commercials and on billboards... Pearl went under shortly after and I don't remember that many hundred dollar bills..... They should have stayed regional and stuck with "From the country of 1100 springs".
  3. backwoods
    12-08-2010 08:48 AM - permalink
    I have not heard of Pearl in forever. In Beuamont there is til a big a$$ sign still standning.