Conversation Between redrumm and vtecfit1
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 1 of 1
  1. vtecfit1
    03-16-2009 08:33 PM - permalink
    no it's a d16z6 with a t3/t4e turbo setup, i am tuned on e85ethanol and at 17psi put 324hp to the ground, i've never tracked it, but intend on doing so this year
    last year some friends from montana trailered their cars down (90 CRX dx b16 jackso supercharged, 92 stock NSX with brake/tire/clutch upgrades) to UTAH to race in the redline time attack event at millermotorsportspark event and i was ready to race, i had paid the 400 dollar entrance fee and the day before the event had an unfourtunate event where i over boosted it (past 30psi) and sunk a sleeve (darton) it seemed at the TIME to run ok if i didn't boost it and so i took it to the track in hopes to get a pic in a magazine (no luck, just found a couple pics on the internet)
    i'll be putting a stock block (d16z6 only) back in it with my current internals (crower rods, je pistons, arp rod bolts) and my tuner (courtney green) says i can run even more boost if i buck up and get a better flowing manifold and bigger injectors (660's now) so my plans are to do that and get a 3 stage manual boost controller and turn it up to around 25psi in third gear and possibly 30psi in fourth and fifth on those long straightaways at the track, ofcoarse i'll be upgrading the brakes to a big brake kit from ksport or brembo (i love brembo) in spring, KEEP IN TOUCH