Conversation Between raton and holokai
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. raton
    02-26-2010 01:55 AM - permalink
    Thanks for the reply. I've actually been running with it constantly @ SP5. The funny thing is I went to fill-up today & saw the same mpg. I'm gonna see how the next tank goes.

I zip tied both control boxes to that metal plate under the dash (out of sight). I didn't want to chance anything coming loose & flying around @ the autox. I still have the TC's remote next to the side mirror switch.

At the SCCA event on 2/21, I ran my 1st three runs with the TC turned off. I thought my time was good enough for 1st so decided to see what SP5 would feel like. I cut my time by .35 seconds. But a Civic had an awesome 4th run & beat my time. Came in 2nd. I really hope the TC helps @ the next event. hahaha. It felt not bad, but I still need to do some runs w/ it on to see how to best use it. I want to fiddle more w/ SP6 and SP7 and see how that feels.

I have the Ingalls torque damper. I did notice a little quicker response in gear changes. I had mine set pretty stiff though so it increased vibrations in the cabin. It was giving me headaches. I softened it up a little so it's better. I've had it on for a while so I can't tell any difference.
  2. holokai
    02-23-2010 05:16 PM - permalink
    i usually have it on normal when cruising around. in heavy traffic (everyday going home) it's in ec1-ec3. . . when i need to get going it's sp2 or sp3. when i first got it i had it in sp3/4 almost all the time and noticed a drop of about 2-3 mpg due to more spirited driving.

the big box is mounted under the steering wheel with the slack wire coiled up next to it, i ran the controller out through the hole in the fuse panel cover and have it located toward the bottom left of the steering column. it's easy to push the buttons but not accidentally hit them. i can glance down to double check what mode it's in but i've got pretty used to telling by the throttle response.

did the torque damper help any? i'm not going FI so my next best (cost effective) option is to reduce weight and do anything else to help with the response. . .
  3. raton
    02-12-2010 06:47 AM - permalink
    I finally installed the ETC today and took a short drive. I need to do some more driving w/ it to get a better feel. I've only tried it up to SP5 so far and haven't gone "full throttle" yet. What do you normally have yours set at?

I ended up pulling out my JDM coin-holder and stuck the component w/ the mode/set buttons next to the side mirror controls. For now, I have that other little box in the pocket by the fuse box. I'm planning to move it out of sight later.
  4. holokai
    02-02-2010 11:16 AM - permalink
    how's the throttle controller working out? notice any difference with the ETD (response, engine mount wear, etc)?
  5. raton
    12-09-2009 11:08 PM - permalink
    Yeah, I got the splitter on 12/7, but I'm not going to install it until next week maybe. We have an SCCA event this Sunday, but I'm not going to use the Throttle Controller (TC) just yet. I want to see how it feels & get used to it first. If I get beat on Sunday, I'm gonna be looking for something (anything) to help...like the TC. haha. Laters.
  6. holokai
    12-08-2009 12:37 AM - permalink
    got your OBD splitter yet?
  7. holokai
    12-02-2009 12:04 AM - permalink
    not too shabby. I found that leaving it in SP3 and up ends up using a lot more gas. I used to be able to go 50-60 miles after filling up before the needle dropped below the "full" line; if I leave it in SP2/3 the needle drops past the same point at about 40 miles. There's definitely an increase in throttle/overall response as the throttle opens faster and effectively bypasses the hated DBW dip/lag point. Driving in ECO mode is the way to go in heavy traffic (think afternoon H1) as it lets the car accelerate a lot more smoothly. Depending on your engine mods you'll also notice a lot less transmission hunting when going uphill in SP mode. All in all I think you'll really enjoy it and the SP mode should help a bit during the SCCA events. And to answer your last question; no problems in reverse thus far *crossing fingers*

Aloha.
  8. raton
    12-01-2009 11:56 PM - permalink
    I dunno if you got this message yet, but I'm re-sending it...

As of 12/1/09...no, not yet. So how do you like it? How's driving in reverse?...managable?
  9. holokai
    12-01-2009 03:25 AM - permalink
    get your TC yet?