Conversation Between grtpumpkin and HOLY FIT!!
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 9 of 9
  1. grtpumpkin
    08-11-2010 04:42 PM - permalink
    Alcohol, a grinder, and the daily driver, I see no way in which that could end badly. No way at all. I'll trade ya, you can help me adjust my valves, and I'll help you with the studs.
  2. HOLY FIT!!
    08-10-2010 07:23 AM - permalink
    haha or we get irreversably intoxicated hahaha sounds like a plan! yuengling for me!
  3. grtpumpkin
    08-09-2010 07:35 PM - permalink
    My time, your car, and a right angle grinder. That and a six pack of Mikes, what could possibly go wrong? Have Roo follow you out in her car just in case we do something irreversable LOL
  4. HOLY FIT!!
    08-09-2010 07:19 AM - permalink
    ahhhhh, i see, we will have to tackle that one for sure!
  5. grtpumpkin
    08-08-2010 07:38 PM - permalink
    The inside surface of the hub needs to have a relief cut made in it to allow the stud to slide out the back while still on the car. Otherwise you have to completely remove the hub/ spindle assembly to press the studs out. You basically make a small notch cut in the hub (like the loading gate on a single action revolver) that allows the studs to pressed out through the gap, one at a time.
  6. HOLY FIT!!
    08-08-2010 07:27 PM - permalink
    hmm grind a little of what off? im down to tackle that as soon as my wheels are in! ill even order them when i order my wheels
    i was checking out tools that would work, and it looks as if a ball joint seperator would work, its like a c clamp with a hole for the stud to be pressed out through
  7. grtpumpkin
    08-06-2010 06:20 PM - permalink
    You two geta room! LOL Pat the fronts can be done with the hubs on the car. Ray figured out that if you grind a little off the inside you can sneak the lugs in there! The rears are childs play by comparison, so easy a cave-man could do it LOL
  8. HOLY FIT!!
    08-06-2010 07:11 AM - permalink
    dude! i know! i plan on getting some black RPF1's next season so that will definately help me out, but i want to do extended lugs anyhow because of my future front brake setup! once i get a bit better at powdercoating id be glad to do some parts for ya! thanks again for the manifold man, huge help!

Pat
  9. grtpumpkin
    08-05-2010 08:55 PM - permalink
    Hey Patrick, I was watching you going up rt50 today and you need rear spacers man!
    I have a shop press and we could do the lug swap in about an hour if you ever decide you wanna. I'm gonna have an air-cleaner lid that could use some powder coat real soon LOL