Conversation Between Perrenoud Fit and Hootie
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. Perrenoud Fit
    01-05-2019 10:11 PM - permalink
    Hey hootie
    Happy New Year!
    Hope all is well with you and your family.
    : ^ )
  2. Perrenoud Fit
    02-17-2017 08:46 PM - permalink
    Hootie,
    The 89 hatch is getting a new face lift, haha. 5/10/17 shes going in my shop for body and paint. I found the proper tails for it too! The driver's side is brand new in the box!! The passenger side will be the second ebay offering but sounds like a good one w/o any cracks. The first one I bought has a crack in the amber part, nuts! But stoked on the idea of another paint job.
    Hows the C coming ?
    When you get a chance let me know how it turned out.
  3. Perrenoud Fit
    02-09-2017 08:25 PM - permalink
    hootmun
    sorry to hear about the C getting hit in the rear, but you are looking at it in a good way. Now you have the op to drive a crv!
    so are you doing the repairs on ur crz at work, your a bodyman? GLWR

Im looking at May on respaying the 89 hatch a dark gray metallic with just a hint of blue under tone.O ya dropping the set of meshies off for powder coating. Porsche dull gray sounds bad but looks good lol.

live'n the dream!

Always good to hear from ya!
  4. Hootie
    02-05-2017 08:45 PM - permalink
    Hey Mike!

The CR-Z was fun and a smidgen peppier than the GD prior to the KWSC BUT a LOT more comfortable for long drives. Unfortunately someone smacked the arse end of it at my apartment while I was at work last Monday and its currently in my bay at work awaiting 5k in repairs. >.> Parts should be in tomorrow fortunately. Should be getting painted Tuesday or Wednesday if things go as planned.

So... I've been daily driving a 2016 Fit EX CVT as my rental/loaner car. It gets better fuel economy than the Z and is much more practical though isn't as comfortable seating position wise. The GD ended up getting dyno'ed and is currently at 133 WHP on just fuel tuning on 93 octane with the KWSC HB kit... BUT the brakes were dragging on the dyno so it is more than likely making more power than that.

Keep an eye out for my build thread.
  5. Perrenoud Fit
    01-21-2017 09:43 PM - permalink
    Hey hootman,
    So what's the crz like? Fast?
    I'm really having alot of fun with the Civs. The gray one with the b16 is the most fun, but the eg is too much fun also, just replaced the ecu in that one and going with a new exhaust system.

Well your FiT sounds like a handful of fun. Got vids?
    Go I ng to check out the crz in ur pix, take care abd thanks for stopping by.
    : ^ )
  6. Hootie
    01-07-2017 12:08 PM - permalink
    Hey hey, how's life treating you?

I ended up picking up a 2016 CR-Z EX 6 speed manual as the new daily, pictures of should still be up in my build/progress tread on one of the last two pages (link in sig). The GD is used primarily for autocross and occasional errand run to acquire larger/bulky items... Its just WAAAY to aggressive, fun, and costly to daily anymore. Coincidentally, I should be going to get the Fit dyno'ed today at a friends shop.

How are the Civics coming along?
  7. Perrenoud Fit
    01-04-2017 08:56 PM - permalink
    Hey Hootie
    Happy New Year!
    So I read the gd3 is retired from dd. What's the new dd?
    I'm still lost in the EG's and EF's. Finished up a long time project this year. Wipe Out an EG hatch.

Springs on the way, have a Great time on the track!

Big Mike
  8. Perrenoud Fit
    03-04-2016 09:40 AM - permalink
    HI Hootie
    Thanks for the info always good to hear from you.
    I have a couple sets of meshies ( 1 set are 94 tegras I'm soda blasting and painting silver and gun metal gray then clear coat). and will try them on for a new look, I am becoming a wheel hoarder! My BPM is really coming along well but I have a problem with stopping work on it, ha ha.
    Congratulations on the dealership job. You know more than the manager when it come to Fits. Dealership job is a good coin too .

Thanks
    Big Mike
  9. Hootie
    03-01-2016 11:41 PM - permalink
    Hey there! Long time, no chat.

You should be fine running the 2012/2013 Fit Sport wheel as spec wise it is a 16x6 +53mm offset. The only thing to note is that its recommended to run 205/45R16s to keep our speedometer somewhat accurate.

I've been interested in this exact wheels for the last 5 or so years, just never pulled the trigger due to the price of the wheels itself. New with my employee discount, one wheel is just over 400 bucks. >.>
  10. Perrenoud Fit
    03-01-2016 09:01 PM - permalink
    PS all stock suspension on the 2008 bpm