Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance Threads discussing repairs and maintenance you can do yourself

Opinions on Tutrle Wax ICE (wax and claybar)

Old 07-31-2007, 12:59 PM
5 Year Member
Opinions on Tutrle Wax ICE (wax and claybar)

I've heard that TurtleWax is well known and well trusted, but I'm still wary to pick which wax.

So, anyone have opinions or experience with TurtleWax ICE? I'd like to hear what y'all have to say.

(And please, none of the "well u should use Meguire's wax cuz its better lol" crap. I wanna know about TurtleWax ICE)

Old 07-31-2007, 01:19 PM
Retired Moderator
I switched over from Meguiars NXT to Turtle Wax Ice...gotta say, I really love the product! Goes on clear and comes off easy. Can also do plastics to give them that new black finish. The liquid base of this wax is excellent as it doesn't get all gunky like other thicker, milkier waxes. I have both the liquid clay bar and the wax. Highly recommend both of them!

Old 07-31-2007, 01:57 PM
5 Year Member
I started right off w/ the 'ICE' products and I'm pleased. I use the wash, the wax and their spray-on 'detailer' product. It goes on great and it's easy to clean afterward. I have the black Fit and it does a great job. I'll continue to use it exclusively until somebody proves to me that there's something better on the market.

Now if only I could figure out a way to get rid of those F'ing hood swirls.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:03 PM
5 Year Member
Just washed the whole car and put on the Ice wax.

Here's some pictures for those interested. For the ease of use factor, this stuff really shines!

Old 07-31-2007, 11:49 PM
5 Year Member
I didnt like the ice claybar, seemed to leave on a white haze, however maybe i was doing it wrong. The wax went on easy though, i liked it. However havent put it on my ssm yet. Just my old bom.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:12 AM
5 Year Member
'scuse me while I clean up the drool from my mouth. I'm going to have to wax my car soon after seeing results like that!

Old 08-01-2007, 11:22 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by cojaro
I've heard that TurtleWax is well known and well trusted, but I'm still wary to pick which wax.

So, anyone have opinions or experience with TurtleWax ICE? I'd like to hear what y'all have to say.

(And please, none of the "well u should use Meguire's wax cuz its better lol" crap. I wanna know about TurtleWax ICE)
I have been using Turtle Wax Ice polish and car wash detergent for about the last six months. I love this stuff. The polish does not leave any white residue anywhere, even on the rough texture of the rear bumper applique (rough tape). Costco members can find kits with the polish/touch-up spray/microfiber cloth, and gallons of the detergent on sale right now.

Old 08-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Retired Moderator
I just bought the car wash as well...I'm soso the clay bar. Worked really well on my buddies weathered 2000 Civic SE Coupe in Black...I used it only once so far. But the wax I use all the time!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
5 Year Member
I used the ICE liquid clay bar stuff recently to remove some tree sap. I was really impressed. Worked great.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Looks like I might be going to costco today.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:06 PM
June 2007 3rd Place Fit of the Month Winner
5 Year Member
Ice

I've been using the liquid ice for a year now. Does a great job and shine lasts for a long time. Very easy to wipe off and no white miky streaks especially on the black strip of the car. Great product!

Old 08-06-2007, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Good to hear nice things about a product I picked up on a whim. Driving the car home Saturday from the dealer, I figured I'd grab some new car polish. The 'works on plastic and rubber' part is what sold me, my old Hyundai has white marks all over the washer nozzles from my previous wax.

Do they make an ice wax, or just the polish? Thanks

Old 08-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Yes they make an ICE wax. It comes in a clear liquid form if I am not mistaken. I have to say I am really impressed with the product. Goes on easy and does not leave that white crud. Not quite as good as Zaino though. But I like using it for the plastic trim and the tires.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:01 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
I used Turtle Wax Ice spray on for the first time a couple weeks ago, here are some pics of like 5 minutes after I finished. It was getting dark, but the wax picks up all the lights around it like sparkles

Old 08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
5 Year Member
Which is better, the paste or the liquid polish? I'm guessing the paste lasts longer.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:38 AM
i think the paste does last a tad longer than the liquid.

i bought this stuff after watching an infomercial hahaha. works really well! the clay is awesome. and the polish is amazing. remember DO NOT use the clay every time. its meant for 6 month to yearly application (depending on the weather conditions and what not).

the wax however can be used every time you wash if you please to do so.

used it on my civic (test mule) then the Fit very very pleased. and just did my buddys S2K stuff works great. im thinking about dumping my Meguiars wash and speed detailer and just going all Turtle Wax ICE brand now.

Old 08-13-2007, 01:49 AM
should have added these to my original post.....heres a few pics of the car after the wash/clay/wax....

i really like this one....shows the pearl metallics really well....

Old 09-07-2007, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Halcyon
I didnt like the ice claybar, seemed to leave on a white haze, however maybe i was doing it wrong. The wax went on easy though, i liked it. However havent put it on my ssm yet. Just my old bom.
You have to wash, or at least rinse the car off anyway after using a clay bar.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:56 AM
i just waxed my car with the liquid ice today, looks pretty nice but goes on a lot thinner than i care for.. doesnt cover some light scratches that well.. i dunno if itll help me much in the hawaii (soon to be vegas) sun..

Old 09-13-2007, 03:13 AM
UNBANABLE
5 Year Member
haha i bought this stuff because of this thread. i was pretty happy with it. permanately switching from meguiars hi tech yellow wax to this stuff for good!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Opinions on Tutrle Wax ICE (wax and claybar)