Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   Oil Change/Filter Change Question (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/26571-oil-change-filter-change-question.html)

kevjandon 06-10-2008 04:09 PM

Oil Change/Filter Change Question

My maint. minder light came on today and oil life is at 15%.

Looked up the codes in the book and now I have a question (yes I know about the very, very long sticky that has more worthless data than usefull data in it.

Here is my question:

Code reads 1A. Per the owners manual 1 means replace oil and A is rotate tires.

Looked up the other codes in the manual and 2 says replace filter.

So my question is: Do I just replace the oil and not the filter?

uiskibum 06-10-2008 06:11 PM

If you change the oil, change the filter. Period.

espo79 06-10-2008 06:47 PM

what does 1 b mean?

doctordoom 06-11-2008 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by kevjandon (Post 336292)

Looked up the codes in the book and now I have a question (yes I know about the very, very long sticky that has more worthless data than usefull data in it.

Here is my question:

it is suggesting that you change the oil and rotate the tires. but most people on these forums will probably change the oil as well as the filter. i change the filter every time i change the oil too.

Originally Posted by espo79 (Post 336435)
what does 1 b mean?

i don't have it memorized, but if you look in your manual it will say exactly what it means.

espo79 06-11-2008 06:44 PM

found it has to do with tire rotation and suspension components but mainly that my tires were low pressure all the way to 22 need to keep an eye on that...

JUNE 11-
fresh oil change n tire rotate....Love it

lilmaniac2 06-24-2008 01:28 AM

Originally Posted by kevjandon (Post 336292)

Here is my question:

x2, that thread shouldnt even be stickied you have to dig through so much useless stuff there.

I'm contemplating to change my oil or not. I really dont have the facilities to change it, just a driveway and some ramps. Also by the time i buy oil and a filter im saving a whooping 5-10 bucks for an hours worth of dirty work. I would take it to the dealer but after they f'd up my window tint I wouldnt trust them with a toy car.

So its either take it to my friends at toyota dealership, they are good but I have to make an appointment.

Do it myself

Or take it to this Pennzoil place that I used to go to. Im pretty sure none of them will know how to reset the matainence minder, but thats not a big deal.

Rod2Rice 06-24-2008 10:54 AM

Do it yourself, that way you know its done right. An oil change is about the simplest maintenance you can do on a car, its amazing the "pros" manage to F it up so often.