Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   Programming OEM Fit Sport Key? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/30638-programming-oem-fit-sport-key.html)

Devolutionized 09-03-2008 06:39 PM

Programming OEM Fit Sport Key?

So I only got 1 key when i bought my Fit (got it used), and i really need a back-up. I have a fit sport with keyless entry, and my keyless entry buttons are on my ignition key. A friend at a dealership can get me the oem key for like $35, but then said it would be like another $90 in labor to program it.

When i searched, i found Mugen_Dom's post on the acura TL switchblade conversion. Would the following sequence also work to program an OEM Fit key? And what about the Immobilizer Chip?

Mugen_Dom's Programming Sequence:

To program the remote, you first have to disable the memory feature!

All you have to do is hold the lock and unlock buttons together, until the LED on the remote blinks twice. This will mean that it's disabled.

PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE TRANSMITTER (KEYFOB):

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the hatch are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock button again, or the code will not be stored.

13. Within 10 seconds, press the transmitter lock button on any other fob you wish to program. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.

15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.

Fa1 09-03-2008 09:59 PM

That only programs the lock/unlock/panic buttons to your car. You will still need to get the immobilizer chip programmed at the dealer.

Devolutionized 09-04-2008 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Fa1 (Post 415232)
That only programs the lock/unlock/panic buttons to your car. You will still need to get the immobilizer chip programmed at the dealer.

i thought that would be the case. unless the fit immobilizer chips were universal (which eliminates the point of the immobilizer in the first place). so either way i have to pay the dealer to program the key, right?

Fa1 09-04-2008 01:41 AM

Yes, should be a quick 10min job with their hds tool.

amason4 03-20-2009 08:51 AM

Hi everyone. I also just got my base model 2009 Fit and only wanted the keyless entry so did not opt for the extra 1500 dollars for the sport. This forum has been very helpful. I just ordered a keyless remote off of EBay and I am planning to just use the remote to lock/unlock and the key that came with my car in the ignition. The remote includes a blank key which I will probably just leave blank for the time being although I also like Firefox's idea of cutting it off and attaching the original key to the remote. Anyway the key and remote was $39.92 with $7.49 for shipping. If it works it will sure beat paying extra for the sport or giving the dealership more of my money to "install" keyless.

awptickes 03-20-2009 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by amason4 (Post 610258)
Hi everyone. I also just got my base model 2009 Fit and only wanted the keyless entry so did not opt for the extra 1500 dollars for the sport. This forum has been very helpful. I just ordered a keyless remote off of EBay and I am planning to just use the remote to lock/unlock and the key that came with my car in the ignition. The remote includes a blank key which I will probably just leave blank for the time being although I also like Firefox's idea of cutting it off and attaching the original key to the remote. Anyway the key and remote was $39.92 with $7.49 for shipping. If it works it will sure beat paying extra for the sport or giving the dealership more of my money to "install" keyless.

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ase-model.html

PatagonianDuck 10-31-2023 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Devolutionized (Post 415022)
So I only got 1 key when i bought my Fit (got it used), and i really need a back-up. I have a fit sport with keyless entry, and my keyless entry buttons are on my ignition key. A friend at a dealership can get me the oem key for like $35, but then said it would be like another $90 in labor to program it.

When i searched, i found Mugen_Dom's post on the acura TL switchblade conversion. Would the following sequence also work to program an OEM Fit key? And what about the Immobilizer Chip?

Mugen_Dom's Programming Sequence:

To program the remote, you first have to disable the memory feature!

All you have to do is hold the lock and unlock buttons together, until the LED on the remote blinks twice. This will mean that it's disabled.

PROGRAMMING THE REMOTE TRANSMITTER (KEYFOB):

NOTE: It is important to maintain the time limits between the steps. Make sure the doors, the hood and the hatch are closed.

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II)
2. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
3. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

4. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
5. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
6. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

7. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
8. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
9. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch OFF.

10. Within 1 to 4 seconds, turn the ignition switch ON (II).
11. Within 1 to 4 seconds, press the transmitter lock button.
12. Confirm you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators within 1 to 4 seconds, then push the transmitter lock button again, or the code will not be stored.

13. Within 10 seconds, press the transmitter lock button on any other fob you wish to program. Confirm that you can hear the sound of the door lock actuators after each transmitter code is stored.

14. Turn the ignition switch OFF, and remove the key.

15. Confirm proper operation with the transmitters.

Worked perfectly thank you. 2007 Fit Sport. I will add that I never saw the two red led blinks when trying to "disable memory feature". Key has never worked before to my knowledge, so it may have already been disabled.