Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   Replacement Wiper Blades for Fit Sport (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/38959-replacement-wiper-blades-fit-sport.html)

Bill_N 02-23-2009 03:01 PM

Replacement Wiper Blades for Fit Sport

Hello All,

Just found this forum the other day and thought I 'd post to see what everyone's been buying for replacement blades. I went to the auto parts store last week and picked up an Anco Contour 16 & 24 blade. The 24 fits fine but the mounting point on the 16 seems to shifted about 3/8" so that the new blade now contact the edge of the windshield moulding. I returned the blades and wondered if the only option is OEM blades. Anyone?

Thanks, Bill

Super Mario 02-23-2009 03:07 PM

I only buy OEM blades for my cars. They're cheap, and work flawlessly like they're supposed to. You can pick them up from your Honda Dealership and it should be around $15 for the pair. Don't waste your time with off branded wipers.

manxman 02-23-2009 03:22 PM

There are several threads covering this subject. Most of us who tried after-market wiper blades had exactly the same problem- the short passenger side blades overlap the lower right corner molding. Some people have cut off the blade where it touches the molding and that seems to work.

space cowboy 02-23-2009 05:36 PM

buy a 14 inch blade

manxman 02-23-2009 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by space cowboy (Post 585725)
buy a 14 inch blade

A ridiculous suggestion for '09s- the 16" pass. side blade barely removes rain well enough as it is stock.

Bill_N 02-23-2009 07:20 PM

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that wasn't the case. The dealer is 25 miles away vs a half dozen auto supply places and they're usually more expensive.

Bill

manxman 02-23-2009 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Bill_N (Post 585862)
Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that wasn't the case. The dealer is 25 miles away vs a half dozen auto supply places and they're usually more expensive.

Bill

Just buy stock replacements on-line- I know, shipping charges, but in your case the gas and time savings will balance it out.

Daemione 02-23-2009 11:40 PM

I was seriously unimpressed with the stock blades. :shrug:

I got a set of generic frameless ones, I really like them. Very low profile, no need to change them out for winter vs. summer blades, and will supposedly last years and years (although we'll see about that). Like other people have mentioned, the passenger side 16" blade does overhang the windshield some . . . but so did the oem ones. There's an indent built in to the plastic molding to accommodate the overlap.

space cowboy 02-24-2009 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by manxman (Post 585783)
A ridiculous suggestion for '09s- the 16" pass. side blade barely removes rain well enough as it is stock.

just a suggestion mind you... doesn't bother me one bit

kortnie 03-08-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Daemione (Post 586170)
I was seriously unimpressed with the stock blades. :shrug:

I got a set of generic frameless ones, I really like them. Very low profile, no need to change them out for winter vs. summer blades, and will supposedly last years and years (although we'll see about that). Like other people have mentioned, the passenger side 16" blade does overhang the windshield some . . . but so did the oem ones. There's an indent built in to the plastic molding to accommodate the overlap.

You change out your blades each season?
I'm not criticizing - just curious. I've never heard of anyone doing that.