Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   Amsoil Engine flush (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/56024-amsoil-engine-flush.html)

Oofie 05-29-2010 09:34 AM

Amsoil Engine flush

Anyone flushed their engines with this? My car has 170k miles with oil changes done everytime the maintenance minder told me. I started using fully synthetic oil at around 100k miles. Now I'm wondering if flushing my engine with the Amsoil engine flush will do me good or do I just continue with my regular oil changes?

spreadhead 05-29-2010 10:21 AM

....:popc:.....

Oofie 05-29-2010 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by spreadhead (Post 863385)
....:popc:.....

Am I missing something here?

Krimson_Cardnal 05-29-2010 11:24 AM

........:popc:.......

nope

S4guy2000 06-01-2010 12:53 PM

I think that Honda actually states that you shouldn't use engine flush products in the manual. I cannot remember if it was my S2000 manual or my Fit manual I read that in though...

nikita 06-04-2010 11:13 AM

Pull the cam cover and look before you decide you need to do anything. AutoRX is best if you think you need an internal engine cleaner.

ramjet 07-03-2010 06:01 PM

doesnt higher rated gasoline kinda do the same thing? I would just move from a 87 to a 90 or 91 gas for a awhile. other than that, hondas' are pretty tough to beat. i would take a minute and check out the fuel injectors though. Now thats pricey!

fit2bking 07-03-2010 08:09 PM

Its good stuff, rather then being solvent based, its
detergent based engine flush.
Check out the reviews over at Bob the oil guy.

nikita 07-06-2010 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by ramjet (Post 878898)
doesnt higher rated gasoline kinda do the same thing? I would just move from a 87 to a 90 or 91 gas for a awhile. other than that, hondas' are pretty tough to beat. i would take a minute and check out the fuel injectors though. Now thats pricey!

The issue I think was the oil-lubricated parts of the engine, not injectors, ports or combustion chambers. Anyway, today the "octane" rating of gasoline does not determine the amount of detergents, its the brand. Chevron, Mobil, Shell and others are "Top Tier", meaning maximum detergents in all grades. ARCO, Valero and others still have the minumum, again not related to antiknock index rating.

Krimson_Cardnal 07-06-2010 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Oofie (Post 863372)
Now I'm wondering if flushing my engine with the Amsoil engine flush will do me good or do I just continue with my regular oil changes?

Question is why do you think you would want to do that. What are you trying to accomplish?
I think you've said it - it might 'do you some good', but your engine certainly has no need for a flushing.

By following all scheduled fluid changes you have effectively done the same thing.
Never a good idea to do something just to do it - if it ain't broke don't fix it.