Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   Sloshing water sound when car starts (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/80491-sloshing-water-sound-when-car-starts.html)

aZnCdn 11-24-2013 08:43 PM

Sloshing water sound when car starts

Hi all,

I have a question when I first start up the Fit (like first thing in the morning after the car has sat for a while) and drive away. I can hear what sounds like liquid sloshing around. I am really not sure what is causing it. I have tried moving the steering wheel around, turning the A/C on/off, and pumping the brakes. I did all these tests independently of each other and one does not have any barrier on making the noise.

The noise disappears after about 30 seconds of driving and will not happen until the next morning.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

fujisawa 11-24-2013 09:13 PM

Hi, be aware the Fit has its gas tank below the driver's seat - quick stops or gos make it slosh about. That's likely it, not sure that it would come or go ..

aZnCdn 11-24-2013 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by fujisawa (Post 1212180)
Hi, be aware the Fit has its gas tank below the driver's seat - quick stops or gos make it slosh about. That's likely it, not sure that it would come or go ..

I doubt it cause it goes away in the first 30 seconds of driving...

Katsumoto 11-24-2013 10:48 PM

Could be the antifreeze/water entering or leaving the heater core.

I have something close, and I think thats what my issue is. But theres no leaks, no issues so no care.

SilverBullet 11-24-2013 10:50 PM

Sounds like the fuel pump which is under the seat.

DiamondStarMonsters 11-25-2013 09:58 AM

Top off and then burp your coolant system.

Had just done this the weekend before a vengeful tree smashed my poor GD3 to bits.

kreyn49 12-12-2013 04:58 PM

I have the same problem. Was at the dealership today and they can hear water going into the heater core. They are researching the problem and will get back to me.

2poler 12-12-2013 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 1212242)
Top off and then burp your coolant system.

Had just done this the weekend before a vengeful tree smashed my poor GD3 to bits.

I recently did this as well and all but eliminated the issue.

JdmMac 12-16-2013 04:44 PM

I have the same issue and have been doing research on it and it's more than likely exactly what Diamond Star Monsters said. I will be doing it later this week and if I remember will update on here if it fixed it.

E J 12-17-2013 07:10 PM

There's a service bulletin for this problem. It's #08-096.

There is air trapped in the heater core.

The fix involves jacking the front of the car up so that the radiator fill cap becomes higher than the heater core, allowing the air bubble to flow out of the system. Then top off the coolant.

My local independent garage knew about the problem and fixed it while I had it in for state inspection. Takes like 30 mins.

cstephens 12-29-2013 08:08 PM

My '07 Kia Spectra had this same issue, and there as also a Kia TSB on it. Same cause (air in heater core) and same fix. Instead of jacking up the front, I just parked on an incline and did the coolant top off with engine running. Worked perfectly.

derykisonder 01-06-2014 05:33 PM

I had the same issue. I'm not 100% site if this will fix your issue but when I went to my mechanic he changed all my fluids but he also noticed that my radiator was cracked so maybe you have a cracked cap

sadtaz 02-19-2014 09:32 PM

I have the same issue.....
I found the coolant reservoir is almost empty. Then I fill it up and never heard of the sound again....