Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   driver side transmission mount torn (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/84362-driver-side-transmission-mount-torn.html)

mxl180 08-31-2014 03:02 PM

driver side transmission mount torn

Deleted....

Carbuff2 09-01-2014 09:55 AM

The mount only costs $29 - $42 USD at Rock Auto. Appears to be easy to replace once the drivetrain is supported.

More Information for ANCHOR 9250

:thumbups:

MTLian 09-01-2014 11:22 AM

Il recently installed that exact mount. I've read only really bad reviews online that the anchor mounts fail very quickly. I just installed it this month so I hope I'm still good. Just know that the mount is cheap but it doesn't have a good reputation.

Carbuff2 09-01-2014 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by MTLian (Post 1260551)
I've read only really bad reviews online that the anchor mounts fail very quickly.

Rock Auto sells several brands, I have no experience with the Anchor brand personally, just used it as an example 'cause of the nice picture.

Lance 09-01-2014 04:32 PM

Would shoving a white eraser between the gills of the mount give your stiffness as well as back to school savings from Staples? The answer is yes I did so and it was very stiff until they ground to a pulp. But they didnt hurt the rubber in the mount because it is softer yet stiff enough. Cheep fun for a day of hard driving. In my GFs Cobalt I could fit a whole 10mm deep socket passing right through on the lower motor mount. That is some gap these days .

apexanimal 09-01-2014 07:05 PM

that mount is nothing more than a positive stop mount...

it really only serves to stop the motor/trans movement at its limit...

with that said, the first stop to firming up my motor mounts was to fill that one with a crap load of windowweld... and it did help quite a bit...

mxl180 09-01-2014 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by apexanimal (Post 1260672)

with that said, the first stop to firming up my motor mounts was to fill that one with a crap load of windowweld... and it did help quite a bit...

I saw your original post. To keep vibration at minimum I was consolidation semi filling it with window weld (leaving some gaps of air).

Jack stands 09-01-2014 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by apexanimal (Post 1260672)

^This.

Mine tore, I was gonna replace it but the rusted bolts broke off in the frame. So, I've driven several thousand miles without it. I'm not dead and the car still runs, so I guess it's fine.

MTLian 09-01-2014 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jack stands (Post 1260721)
^This.

Mine tore, I was gonna replace it but the rusted bolts broke off in the frame. So, I've driven several thousand miles without it. I'm not dead and the car still runs, so I guess it's fine.

Well, I ended up with a bum input shaft bearing. Might be because of the crooked engine? It's a pretty easy job except the bolts were on suuuuuper tight. I bought the mount for 30$ so no biggie.