Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   must have shorted something or blown a fuse, but can't find the problem... help?! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/9006-must-have-shorted-something-blown-fuse-but-cant-find-problem-help.html)

Packy 10-04-2006 01:19 AM

must have shorted something or blown a fuse, but can't find the problem... help?!

Hey all,

I screwed up, I'll admit it! :rolleyes:

Okay, so I was installing my new map light in the Fit, was nearly done... and right near the end I think I shorted out the hot that goes to the dome light by grounding it.

Right away the dome light went out. After investigating I found the dome light, rear hatch light, radio (no light or display at all), keyless entry and alarm don't work.

I pulled every single stinking fuse after checking the ones that made sense (radio, etc), and none were visibly blown. IS there a fuse for the keyless entry? Or for the dome light? I checked the fuses under the hood, too.

Please let me know any ideas or suggestions you have?!! THANK YOU!

Darin

Packy 10-04-2006 11:49 AM

Sweet, thanks. Running out to the car to check right now. I didn't try checking the huge fuses last night.

Packy 10-04-2006 12:02 PM

Okay weird... so checking the fuses under the hood in the daylight this morning, I found that the "backup" fuse was blown... as in, backup lights I'm guessing, but they worked yesterday! Anyway, I borrowed a 15a fuse from the hazard lights, and POOF, the radio, keyless, interior lighting, etc all works. Go figure! I'll poke around to make sure nothing else is busted.

Packy 10-04-2006 12:46 PM

Cool, that seems to have fixed everything! The map light is now installed and working. Thanks claymore :)

kps 10-04-2006 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Packy
I found that the "backup" fuse was blown... as in, backup lights I'm guessing, but they worked yesterday!

"Backup" as in "backup power" for things that still need it when the car is off and the key is out.

Packy 10-04-2006 01:44 PM

^ Thanks. That explains most of the items that stopped working.

I wish the manual had a better breakdown of what each fuse was linked to, but I suppose that's what the service manual is for.

jl0r 12-21-2006 06:32 PM

Excellent!

This describes my problem EXACTLY!
I havn't even checked it yet, but I'm sure this is the fix!
Thanks so much!

Packy 12-23-2006 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by jl0r (Post 110011)
This describes my problem EXACTLY!
I havn't even checked it yet, but I'm sure this is the fix!
Thanks so much!

I'm glad my mistake could help someone else out :D

Fit_61 05-28-2008 10:18 AM

Backup Fuse

I blew this 10 amp fuse also. My radio, remote door locks, etc. had stopped working. I think my LED hatch light might have shorted out? Many thanks for the notes on this issue. Saved a Honda service call.

Now I am A happy Fit driver again !

Koi 05-16-2009 09:34 PM

Nevermind, was looking at the wrong fuse box.