Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit DIY: Repair & Maintenance (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/)
-   -   Which sensor problem could be causing fast surging idle 2006 honda fit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-diy-repair-maintenance/90256-sensor-problem-could-causing-fast-surging-idle-2006-honda-fit.html)

Wreck Ignition 07-07-2015 09:33 AM

Which sensor problem could be causing fast surging idle 2006 honda fit

Sensors, Control Valves, 1800rpm Surging Idle when stopped in DRIVE

I've been researching MAF and MAP sensors, FITValves / IAC Intake Air Control valves, Throttle position sensors and other things lately.....because of my surging idle problem.
My Honda Fit's idle surges up to 2000rpm and rarely dips below 1000rpm when idling in drive.
My Honda Fit is a 2006....the one the with MAP(Manifold Air pressure) sensor............ and the IAT(intake Air Temperature) sensor on the back of the air box.

I've been researching a lot of thread where Low idle was the problem.
I was just wondering and hoping that some of you guys might know of or have fixed the problem or a surging fast idle.

Do you know which one of these sensors may been the right place to look for a fast idle surging idle solution.

I'm a novice and dont want to start pulling things apart in the wrong place.

Carbuff2 07-07-2015 09:54 AM

First step IMO would be to clean the throttle butterfly. Use Intake Cleaner on a rag, make sure the flap and bore are clean ON BOTH SIDES.

Then do the Idle Learn Procedure.

Let us know how that works for ya.

PS: NSW = New South Wales, Australia?

Wreck Ignition 07-07-2015 11:29 AM

Since I did a service on it the other day it got a worse and thats when i really noticed it as a problem. Idling surging when stopped.

I opened the airbox to inspect the filter. I didn't change the Air filter...it was good and clean.

I was thinking maybe I disturbed some wires or sensors around the airbox, but after researching, there is nothing around the airbox that you could accidently touch to actually causes this. Only the IAT SENSOR.
I've triple checked for a good seal with the airbox so...no vaccum air leaks.

so I'm thinking what could actually cause a HIGH idle surging because everyone else seems to have low idle problems.:cool:

InsaneGenius 07-09-2015 03:06 AM

I have a low idle problem it always seems to be a couple hundred K's after a service and I do that reset ecu procedure the idle sits around 700rpm but after a couple of drives it drops to about 300-500rpm

kylerwho 07-10-2015 10:06 PM

being in Australia, don't you have a cable actuated throttle body?
perhaps the throttle body is out of adjustment.

for surging issues I would start with the idle air control valve.

dll932 07-20-2015 03:03 PM

Check to see if you have a vacuum leak. That'll cause high idle.

InsaneGenius 08-20-2015 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by kylerwho (Post 1312510)
being in Australia, don't you have a cable actuated throttle body?
perhaps the throttle body is out of adjustment.

for surging issues I would start with the idle air control valve.

yeah cable and spring. should I adjust it?

kylerwho 08-20-2015 07:19 AM

I would look up what the factory adjustment specs are. Usually you only adjust the throttle actuator for high/low idle. Surging or hunting for idle means air is entering the intake manifold and the ecu cant meter it so it is trying to add fuel to compensate.

Rob22315 08-20-2015 07:23 PM

Adjusting the valves at 103k miles fixed my surging idle.