Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Fujita Short Ram Intakes (Pics) (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/10829-fujita-short-ram-intakes-pics.html)

rurofan 01-09-2007 02:37 AM

Fujita Short Ram Intakes (Pics)

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...6258099ax0.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6...6258100sq2.jpg

My first impressions.

First, the engine sound louder, but deeper,
unlike the tiny stock engine screaming when you rev the red line. It's a beautiful sound.

2nd, it looks phat. :p

3rd, I did feel a little more torque during 4th and especially 5th gear.
Although I still couldn't break 110 mph during the ride home.

4th, You do feel a little vibration I suppose the engine is taking in air a lot
more direct and easier than before. But nothing out of the ordinary where you
would think the hood is gonna explode. I really do think its because it is a light
weight car, we feel the road and the noise just as how the car came originally.

Again, feedbacks are appreciated.

I have not studied regarding of K&N Intakes however, I was impressed
when I saw the dyno chart Fujita posted on their site, and went for it.

rcantu 01-09-2007 04:20 AM

nice. how long did it take you to install?

TomiGunz 01-09-2007 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by rcantu (Post 112838)
nice. how long did it take you to install?

If you have installed a intake on another car before it should only take you about 10-15 minutes to install short ram intakes.

I did notice a bit of vibration and I thought it was cuz the engine is breaking in finally after 4k miles. But since you mentioned that after installing the intake, you felt a little vibration. So I guess that's what's causing it. You will only notice if you sit there and try to feel the car otherwise, you wont' feel it when driving daily.

Looks good. I'll have to buy one in the future to replace the autozone one I bought..lol..

-Tomi

MERLYNMUZIK 01-09-2007 09:07 AM

Nice!

looks great, i have one on order....still ....from sco(over a month):mad:
i cant wait to put it in.:D

MERLYNMUZIK 01-15-2007 12:52 PM

Finally

the ups man dropped it off 2day:D but....its raining outside:( so i'll have to wait to put it in....at least i have it:p

MERLYNMUZIK 01-15-2007 07:16 PM

Gurgling Noise??????????

i just installed the sri and there is this gurgling noise....did i screwup the install???? i lost a little antifreeze when i put it in...less than a small cup. the level on the reservoir is right in the middle. anyone else have this problem????:confused:

manxman 01-15-2007 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by MERLYNMUZIK (Post 114140)
i just installed the sri and there is this gurgling noise....did i screwup the install???? i lost a little antifreeze when i put it in...less than a small cup. the level on the reservoir is right in the middle. anyone else have this problem????:confused:

You may have confused a coolant tube with the crankcase vent tube. If the Fujita is similar to the K & N system (and it has to be), there are only two hose connections on the sides of the large dia. intake tube. The back connection is the air temp. sensor (a rubber bushing in the intake tube that holds the sensor), and the other connection is for the crankcase vent. If you are losing coolant and hear gurgling when the engine is running, my bet is that a coolant line is now connected to your intake instead of the vent line.
Good luck-
Dave

kimo 01-16-2007 03:06 AM

Hot Air

It Looks like it sucking hot air from the radiator.

MERLYNMUZIK 01-17-2007 11:24 AM

it wound up i lost more coolant than i thought...the thermostat hadnt opened yet. duh!!! when it finally did, i filled up the reservoir - no more gurgling!!!

thanks for the help though.

MERLYNMUZIK 01-24-2007 12:45 PM

not anymore

Originally Posted by kimo (Post 114230)
It Looks like it sucking hot air from the radiator.

i fabricated a heat shield for the sri and bolted it to the right stock airbox mount. 15 minute job...no extra heat.;)

aveosam 01-24-2007 04:31 PM

wait so you hooked the coolant tube to the intake? did you run it with it like that? pretty sure coolant is not good to have in the combustion camber....

MERLYNMUZIK 01-24-2007 05:15 PM

low coolant

Originally Posted by aveosam (Post 115748)
wait so you hooked the coolant tube to the intake? did you run it with it like that? pretty sure coolant is not good to have in the combustion camber....

no, i hooked it up correctly. i just lost more antifreeze than i thought. i refilled it and everything was fine.:D

williamtsui 01-24-2007 06:37 PM

Wonder is it also for A/T transmission?

kentris 01-24-2007 06:59 PM

I wonder if that fits UKDM engine bay.

NaTuReB0Y 01-24-2007 09:13 PM

looks hot......

MERLYNMUZIK 01-25-2007 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by williamtsui (Post 115766)
Wonder is it also for A/T transmission?

yes fujita's site says it is for both m/t and a/t!!!!:D

MERLYNMUZIK 01-25-2007 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by claymore (Post 115870)
I'm a little confused... what is the solenoid looking thing bolted to a bracket on the battery hold down bolt?

rubber vibration mount

aveosam 01-25-2007 11:37 AM

but how did u lose coolant while installing the intake?

MERLYNMUZIK 01-25-2007 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by aveosam (Post 115885)
but how did u lose coolant while installing the intake?

you have to replace a hose from the front of the engine to the throttle body. and it pissed antifreeze. the overall job is no big deal. the directions that come with the intake are decent.

aveosam 01-25-2007 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by MERLYNMUZIK (Post 115888)
you have to replace a hose from the front of the engine to the throttle body. and it pissed antifreeze. the overall job is no big deal. the directions that come with the intake are decent.

oh ok..i understand now