Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

General Voltage Stabilizer Puzzle Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
Sorry, my bad. Still...

I really don't know what you are trying to imply with these comments, I think the stock ignition system and ECU signals work fine in a Honda. If your O2 sensor has faultering voltage to it you have bigger problems that can't be fixed by this kind of product. I also have yet to see a real race car that uses a voltage stabilizer. (unless lets say it is owned by a company that is pumping such products)

I am not making this personal, I am just disagreeing with you... very strongly. Why? Because I feel your posts are misleading to other Fitfreaks about this product.

You have your right to an opinion, as do I. Unless I see some kind of real proof these things work I am of the opinion they are a gimmick.

I posted this because of people like you who mislead people into believing that you are smarter than the inventors and sway people away from products that accually work. If I didn't get better mpg or found that I could easily start off in second gear I would have never subjected myself to self rightous people as you. I personally don't give a ripp for rep points or peoples opinion I just come here to read the experience of different products and their outcome as I have enjoyed reading your poor dyno results and did not buy that WR intake because of it.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:36 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Like I said before, I disagree with you about this product. It needed to be said and now when people read your opinion they can have an equal opportunitiy to read mine below it.

I firmly believe you believe it gave your car power, if you ask me you are being truthful about your expereince. But put it on a dyno and you will get no difference between having it on and having it off. I would encourage you to go through the expereince yourself.

I am glad you enjoyed reading my poor dyno results, it should really hammer home the point to you about just how hard it is to actually get 2hp out of your car.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-06-2009 at 12:46 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:48 PM
Like I said before, I disagree with you about this product. It needed to be said and now when people read your opinion they can have an equal opportunitiy to read mine below it.

I am glad you enjoyed reading my poor dyno results, it should really hammer home the point to you about just how hard it is to actually get 2hp out of your car.
Haha, I said it feels like not actually. You better start reading better before you start calling people BS.

Old 03-06-2009, 12:56 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 08FitSport
Haha, I said it feels like not actually. You better start reading better before you start calling people BS.
When you make statements that are based on "Feels like"... how is that not subjective BS?

Show me the DYNO! lol

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-06-2009 at 12:59 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:17 PM
When you make statements that are based on "Feels like"... how is that not subjective BS?

Show me the DYNO! lol
This is getting old, you're the one who stated everyone has a right to their own opinion and that was mine.: rotfl:

BS is your statement because you didn't even try it and you lip and lip and lip.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
There is no point in a continued arguement unless you can prove beyond a resonable doubt it works... and no, in this case manufactures claims and subjective observations don't meet that requirement.

You are right, I didn't spend 100+ dollars on a product that I believe is snake oil, nor to I plan to. I have seen these products around and heard opinions from more than just you... most of them are "It makes no difference". You will have to forgive me if I am sketptical and standoff-ish when it comes to people who claim they work.

I can't prove it doesn't work, you can't prove it does; you have a favorable opinion of the product, yet the theory behind it is weak at best.

This is where we are at.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-06-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:35 PM
There is no point in a continued arguement unless you can prove beyond a resonable doubt it works... and no, in this case manufactures claims and subjective observations don't meet that requirement.
Sun hyper voltage stabilizer have actual Dynos. The shop I bought from had some too.I shared that with you earlier but, you dismissed it because you're to into yourself.

You are right, I didn't spend 100+ dollars on a product that I believe is snake oil, nor to I plan to. I have seen these products around and heard opinions from more than just you... most of them are "It makes no difference". You will have to forgive me if I am sketptical and standoff-ish when it comes to people who claim they work.
Yes boss, coming from the person who spent the most on their car and yet is the slowest car on this site.We all believe you.

I can't prove it doesn't work, you can't prove it does; you have a favorable opinion of the product, yet the theory behind it is weak at best.
Yes, you said that time and time again. This thread is for people who tried the product not scorned people lashing out at every new thing that comes out. You should be focusing on Leo at WR not fighting to get the last say in for something you have no expertise in.

This is where we are at.

Old 03-06-2009, 06:22 PM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Sun hyper voltage stabilizer have actual Dynos. The shop I bought from had some too.I shared that with you earlier but, you dismissed it because you're to into yourself.

Yes boss, coming from the person who spent the most on their car and yet is the slowest car on this site.We all believe you.

Yes, you said that time and time again. This thread is for people who tried the product not scorned people lashing out at every new thing that comes out. You should be focusing on Leo at WR not fighting to get the last say in for something you have no expertise in.

This is where we are at.
If the product is a scam, the product maker is obviously going to push fake dyno's... it needs to be verified by a 3rd party to be valid. This isn't me being too into myself, it is conclusion drawn using logic. Did you think they would provide dyno's that don't show a gain? Of course not, they wouldn't sell products that way.

Last time I checked this was a Voltage stablizer thread dedicated to the debate about the validity of these products. If you are trying to discredit me by attacking my other posts, my car and modification choices I suggest you re-evalute your strategy.

You decided to post your personal experence in the middle of it, please don't start freaking out when people give you critical feedback about it. If you want a thread where everybody is going to pat you on the back you are more than welcome to create a review thread about how great it is. I promise not to post a single reply in it.

Again, this thread is dedicated to this debate. If you are getting pissed off people have other opinions, please leave

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 03-06-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:11 PM
Banned
If the product is a scam, the product maker is obviously going to push fake dyno's... it needs to be verified by a 3rd party to be valid. This isn't me being too into myself, it is conclusion drawn using logic. Did you think they would provide dyno's that don't show a gain? Of course not, they wouldn't sell products that way.

Last time I checked this was a Voltage stablizer thread dedicated to the debate about the validity of these products. If you are trying to discredit me by attacking my other posts, my car and modification choices I suggest you re-evalute your strategy.

You decided to post your personal experence in the middle of it, please don't start freaking out when people give you critical feedback about it. If you want a thread where everybody is going to pat you on the back you are more than welcome to create a review thread about how great it is. I promise not to post a single reply in it.

Again, this thread is dedicated to this debate. If you are getting pissed off people have other opinions, please leave
Good, rational, objective work, Nick! Keep it up.

Old 03-14-2009, 12:15 AM
I posted this because of people like you who mislead people into believing that you are smarter than the inventors and sway people away from products that accually work. If I didn't get better mpg or found that I could easily start off in second gear I would have never subjected myself to self rightous people as you. I personally don't give a ripp for rep points or peoples opinion I just come here to read the experience of different products and their outcome as I have enjoyed reading your poor dyno results and did not buy that WR intake because of it.
I have a dealer stock '09 Fit Base. It easily will start from third. Your point was???

Old 03-14-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally Posted by boojum
I have a dealer stock '09 Fit Base. It easily will start from third. Your point was???
An 09 has more bottom end torque and HP than the 08. If you don't see any validation to what I posted just don't buy it.

Old 10-06-2009, 05:42 AM
5 Year Member
I bought the Sun Hyperground set. It didn't do squat.

Old 11-26-2009, 02:46 AM
5 Year Member
Thread originator tried a C-West VS and it does nothing. Doesn't help the dim-then-bright headlights either. Put it on my truck for a while too. Equals rubbish. No surprise.

Old 02-22-2010, 03:07 AM
I don't think a voltage stabilizer would help much... Better grounds and better Alternator wiring may help if they aren't up to the task... Ignition boosters may help if the stock ignition isn't up to the task for a built engine with more compression or boost...

On a side note, a friend did put a Crane Fireball Ignition system on his Modded DOHC Neon a long time ago! Didn't saw any power increases in the seat of his pants as well as his timeslips, he even checked maximum top speed before and after... No change! But i swear it was running smoother!! As for fuel economy, this engine ran it's entire life on the fast lane so i cannot say and i sure don't want to lie!

Marko!

Old 04-02-2010, 06:26 PM
Hi all, first off all sorry for my bad english. But I'll try to be clear. Just lost a big text about this, so let's go to the short version.
Voltage stabilizer - As discussed here is nothing more than one or more capacitor, usually wraped in a beautiful box, with led's and/or even with a digital voltmeter. Besides the capacitor itself, all other items, are there just for the looks (and to justify higher sales price).
What does it do? It stabilize the voltage delivered in the car (motorbike, chainsaw, lawn mower, etc.) and also "power factor correction capacitor" this part was translated with online dictionary not sure if it makes sense to anyone reading this text.
In other words it work's very well. Will anybody gain +20HP, plus higher MPG? Off course not. But without any doubt will see some improvement.
I've been using this "trick" for many years in things that range from 6v/12v 50cc scooter to almost all the cars i've had/have (12). Including my Suzuki Burgman 400.
Do I advise to buy those top dollar gadgets from ebay,etc. No I don't, just because 200€, for some capacitors is not a good deal, that's the only reason.
Take a look at the photo and you'll see a 2.0€ capacitor (10000uF-25v-105ºC) plus some wires and conectors, nothing more. Total cost around 5€ at the most. Plus the velcro strap, dual face tape also works well.
For those of you who do not believe, please fill free to experiment for this price, if you don't like it, simply trough it away. Won't loose any fortune. And maybe those "expert" coments from some messages might stop.
PS: 4700uF also work and are even cheaper

Name:  Condensador003.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  58.5 KB

Last edited by crpt; 04-02-2010 at 06:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:20 AM
well i was planning to get one..
but then i saw this
Mega RAIZIN "VS-M" | PIVOT

at the bottom of the page
on NOTE:!

"About Improved Performance; Installation of this product will lead to improvement in electrical aspects of your automobile but due to actual car and driving conditions these improvements may be negligible or in some cases no change will occur.
About Judging Battery Life; Depending on the characteristics of the battery itself even a small change in the lowest voltage reading may signal the end of a battery's life. "

but i might consider getting it anyways..
cuz my battery just died after 2 years, i have a sub+amp....just want my battery to last longer plus it makes the engine bay looks nicer

p.s: i have leds install on the footwell.....when i start my engine it goes "weh eh eh eh vroom" the leds flashes with the engine starting...
i think its normal when u start ur car n most of the power from the battery goes to starting the car, but if i get a VS would that help with the flashing???!?!?!

thanks

Last edited by ching1206; 02-21-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:07 PM
Well i was curious and i bought one last summer! (Sun Hypervoltage MR!) Tried it in my friend's Cobalt SS-T as well as my Fit! We both didn't saw a change in fuel economy and, if you wonder, it didn't do squat at the dragstrip too.... :P

Marko!!

Old 02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by DOHCtor
Well i was curious and i bought one last summer! (Sun Hypervoltage MR!) Tried it in my friend's Cobalt SS-T as well as my Fit! We both didn't saw a change in fuel economy and, if you wonder, it didn't do squat at the dragstrip too.... :P

Marko!!

This thread hurt my brain.

Listen to DOHCtor and do stuff that actually impacts your electrical system:

Ground straps
Underdriven Alternator pulley
Big Charge wire
Re-wound alternator
Bigger battery
Capacitor
etc.

Or preferably.... send the money you were going to spend on the stabilizer to me and I will sacrifice a chicken and light some incense while casting a spell on your car remotely.

Should have about the same effect as the stabilizer.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
Or preferably.... send the money you were going to spend on the stabilizer to me and I will sacrifice a chicken and light some incense while casting a spell on your car remotely.

LOL!!!!

Old 02-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
This thread hurt my brain.

Listen to DOHCtor and do stuff that actually impacts your electrical system:

Ground straps
Underdriven Alternator pulley
Big Charge wire
Re-wound alternator
Bigger battery
Capacitor
etc.

hahahaah i was sceptical, i'm not anymore! Take that money and spend it on a Header, exhaust or anything else that will make the engine breathe easier or....

...put that money in a saving account and sooner or later you may be rewarded with a few PSI of boost goodness!!

Marko!!

Quick Reply: General Voltage Stabilizer Puzzle Thread