Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Oops. TB Porting. Please Read

Old 06-04-2007, 11:39 PM
Banned
Old 06-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by Mx6GT89
No. Read above. TB = Throttle Body.
Didn't know, so was making wild guess...

just wanted to follow along.

Old 06-05-2007, 07:28 AM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by fit4kris
Yeah...Crap...I would go ahead and recheck any vac lines...just to be super sure...and then get the ol diagnostics done. It beats getting the TB...What if you get the TB and the code is still being thrown?!

By the way... http://www.japanparts.com/images/Ima...base=1&no=9949

Kris
Thats one of my main worries; changing the TB and still having the problem. As for vac lines, there are none.
1 rubber hose is what I removed and connected to the TB. And its the purge valve.

All those TB's are NOT DBW. Our TB's have way less connections, I noticed the TPS on each one. We do not have one.

With a P0507 code high idle, if you look in the repair manual you will find that it is possibly a vacuum leak, like your gasket is broken or the TB isn't fully seated. There is a whole procedure for checking the code, and most of it is for checking for vacuum leaks and if all your hoses are hooked up correctly. Sounds like you should recheck your gasket and work. It's worth a look before you by a new TB. And the TPS is attached to the TB and it is VERY IMPORTANT that it is adjusted properly.
I did think that the gasket is a problem. I have removed and put the TB on a few times and there is a guide nub. It can only go on one way. I can remove it again..... take pics since it seems no one has removed this TB.

Since the TPS is on the TB post a pic where. Its clearly not visible. Theres no adjustments (besides a tiny allen screw on the top that doesnt do anything) on the entire TB. Theres a total of 2 sensors.... actually 1 sensor and the main clip that gives the TB its signal. Thats it. The IAT is just really close but its not mounted on the TB as you all know.

Im really leaning towards the idle control being a dealer only adjustment.
Off to work. Ill run the codes again.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
Side note: The Fit runs damn good with no intake pipe. Just open TB. Pulls really nice and sounds great. I felts a gain in low end all the way to redline.
Isn't it bad for the car to run with no intake to filter the air?

Old 06-05-2007, 02:07 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Made my appointment at Holler for tomorrow. EKKK!!!!
Im going to try and have my friend diag the car. I know a tech and a tech apprentice that work at Holler.

They asked about mods.. Of course, look at my car. Before I could respond another SA said "Yes, it has mods. He was here yesterday"
Talk about eves dropping. Hahaha!

But yea, told them about the intake and my exhaust. (sorta) If anything Ill have to pay for a $50 diag. But so far its free because of warranty. Heeeeh

Old 06-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by claymore
Not if you don't do it all the time. And don't drive down any dirt roads. All it would do is increase your long term wear on the engine nothing drastic immediately. Haven't you ever seen a race car with no filter?
sorry, still newbish. i have seen those cars but i just thought they had some filter thingy inside.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Is $400 for the entire TB assembly? I know the TPS sensor itself costs and arm and a leg.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Could it be that the TB is bringing in much more air now and leaning it out to throw a code?

You did say it closes the butterfly when idling right? If you overbored or compromised the integrety of the TB, it might not be able to adjust the butterfly correctly at idle.

Last edited by jits14; 06-05-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:16 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by nexus4400
Is $400 for the entire TB assembly? I know the TPS sensor itself costs and arm and a leg.
$400 (380ish) was my price. List is 600+
Wheres the TPS? Is there a part number..... Id really like to know cause I think its built into the DBW system.

Could it be that the TB is bringing in much more air now and leaning it out to throw a code?

You did say it closes the butterfly when idling right? If you overbored or compromised the integrety of the TB, it might not be able to adjust the butterfly correctly at idle.
Its throwing an idle control code. High idle. Nothing else.
What I think happened is I nicked some edges of the butterfly causing air to get through while the TB is trying to stay completely closed.

Took some crappy pics.

Sits slightly open when off. On top is the system purge valve. That tube runs into a metal tube and goes down and into the fuel tank releasing fumes. Fumes actually get sucked through that tube. I put my hand against it and theres a good amount of vac being pulled.
Notice you cant see the porting. Its no visible unless the TB is pulled off.

Better view of the purge valve/tubing. Just to the right (back) of the TB is the main clip. Plugs in and controls it. See the bolt on the cover for the valve cover? That clip just behind it is the MAP/BARO.

Thats it people. The Fits TB. No other plugs or controls. Its all internal and ECU controlled.

Last edited by Raaaaaaaaaay.; 06-05-2007 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:09 PM
That tube runs into a metal tube and goes down and into the fuel tank releasing fumes. Fumes actually get sucked through that tube. I put my hand against it and theres a good amount of vac being pulled.
Wonder if this is a potential cause for some of the poor gas mileage reports we've been getting...just a thought, I know most vehicles probably run vapor recovery/purge systems so it is likely not an issue.

Good luck with the troubleshooting....when I had my intake off once I pushed the butterfly open and was wondering if this did anything to mess it up...sure enough a CEL came up on restart, but luckily, I failed to reconnect the IAT. After connecting this, no more issues, and haven't had one since.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:14 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
The CEL was the IAT; as you said. It wasnt because you touched the butterfly.

I guess I'll tell you all what happens tomorrow.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Well, not covered. Once they opened my hood and noticed the TB bypass for the coolant lines they said they cant do anything unless I hook that back up.

They said thats what was throwing the code. I denied it since its been done for over 6000miles. They went back there again and said they tested the TB and its sucking air at idle. Reason... "Someone ported the TB."

Guess Ill have one of the machine shops port the ass out of it and put in a bigger butterfly. Depending on the price of course.

Old 06-08-2007, 03:41 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
So... Little update. I decided to go ahead and do something more stupid. I went to a junkyard and pulled a TB butterfly off a older Pathfinder. Mounting holes lined up perfect and it was a good amount bigger.

I ported the SHIT out of the OEM TB and sqeezed in the new butterfly. Started up my Fit and the idle is HORRIBLE!!!

1000rpms and shoots up to 4000rpms. Like an older Honda with a bad TPS.
Whaaaaaa uhhh, whaaaaaa uhh.
Hahaha!!! I laughed, turned the car off and called my friend. TB was ordered and will be here on Wens. $378 total.

Good thing I have 2 other cars. There goes my B-pipe I was going to order this week, and my header. :-/

Old 06-08-2007, 07:18 PM
So... Little update. I decided to go ahead and do something more stupid. I went to a junkyard and pulled a TB butterfly off a older Pathfinder. Mounting holes lined up perfect and it was a good amount bigger.

I ported the SHIT out of the OEM TB and sqeezed in the new butterfly. Started up my Fit and the idle is HORRIBLE!!!

Hahaha!!! I laughed, turned the car off and called my friend. TB was ordered and will be here on Wens. $378 total.

Good thing I have 2 other cars. There goes my B-pipe I was going to order this week, and my header. :-/
damn the fits TB is senitive...

Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 PM
crazy Floridian people... should have sent it to here Maxbore.com throttle body boring service

Old 06-08-2007, 10:06 PM
5 Year Member

Reminds me of my younger days with carb swaps....the only way to learn, a shame it is so costly tho....

Old 06-08-2007, 10:44 PM
Posts in the NUUDE
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by quangalang
crazy Floridian people... should have sent it to here Maxbore.com throttle body boring service
Has this person done any DBW throttle bodies? I could send him my old TB?
Im not sure if he'd charge extra since I did it myself. I'll email him.

And I have heard of him. My friend heard about him from clubRSX.

Old 06-09-2007, 03:48 AM
Has this person done any DBW throttle bodies? I could send him my old TB?
Im not sure if he'd charge extra since I did it myself. I'll email him.

And I have heard of him. My friend heard about him from clubRSX.
i really don't know, but i dont see why he couldn't... shoot him an email and let us know