Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   TANABE exhaust questions, answers, clip (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/14780-tanabe-exhaust-questions-answers-clip.html)

Mynute 1 03-06-2007 05:41 PM

Fujitsubo Wagolis or Tanabe Touring Medallion

I'm looking at one of these two. I have heard they are both towards the quiter end and that is what I am wanting. Could owners or people have heard or seen them let me know which is the better exhaust. Thanks ! :D

Illusive 03-06-2007 10:20 PM

I got the Fujitsubo Wagolis and love it!

milano sol 03-07-2007 12:39 AM

either one would be a good choice IMHO.

Tanabe makes really good quality products and fitment should be spot on......and same goes for Fujitsubo. I'd say Wagolis ;)

jsmonet 03-07-2007 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by milano sol (Post 124143)
either one would be a good choice IMHO.

Tanabe makes really good quality products and fitment should be spot on......and same goes for Fujitsubo. I'd say Wagolis ;)

what a pain in the ass that is... the sheer nerve of these two companies putting out two great products and making the decision difficult... lol

i had a power getter on my sti and the fit/finish bested my blitz nur spec touring and my hks cf/ti by no small margin. based on that i'd be tempted to go fujitsubo again.

that said, tanabe's exhaust seems to be no slouch. both are good and neither are done justice by videos online, apparently.

between these two, for me, it's just a matter of who has the best price now

FitSport2007_5spd 03-08-2007 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mynute 1 (Post 124053)
I'm looking at one of these two. I have heard they are both towards the quiter end and that is what I am wanting. Could owners or people have heard or seen them let me know which is the better exhaust. Thanks ! :D

Wagolis Rules! The quality is exceptional.

gettinafit 03-09-2007 09:13 AM

I had the Fujitsubo Wagolis axle back on my Fit, and it was great and quiet. A purr when you start it up, and if you get on the gas a growl!

I had it on my car for 10,000K miles and it was in great shape when I took it off, no real tarnishing! Great quality product. I since switched to the T1R Cat back due to a real good offer on it, but it is much louder! But the performance is better!

Yu can't have it all, but if quiet is what you want and quality, go with the Fujitsubo!

Mynute 1 03-09-2007 08:55 PM

Did you only have the Wagolis and no B pipe? I am planning on getting the Spoon B pipe in addition to the axle back I choose. Do you think that since the TR1 is a cat back system that is why the noise as well as power increased? I wonder if the same thing may happen with the addition of the Spoon pipe. Any thoughts on this folks :confused:

milano sol 03-09-2007 09:07 PM

i had the Spoon axle back on for about 4 days then added the b pipe. the piping matches the axle back (which isnt much bigger than stock) and the resonator is about the same size as stock.

volume shouldnt change tooo much...maybe just a lil deeper than before but thats about it....nothing dramatic :)

hope this helps.

Mynute 1 03-09-2007 09:37 PM

Thanks for the response milano sol, and everyone else for that matter. How loud is your Spoon axle back?

milano sol 03-09-2007 11:32 PM

haha pretty loud. you can find clips on youtube of the spoon fit (which is pretty much stock.....air filter and b pipe with exhaust....thats pretty much there only power mods) so itll sound similar. im gonna try again for the sound clip tomorrow from my car.

YouTube - HONDA FIT SPOON superstreet time attack

this should give you an idea of what it sounds like.

FitSport2007_5spd 03-10-2007 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Mynute 1 (Post 124713)
Did you only have the Wagolis and no B pipe? I am planning on getting the Spoon B pipe in addition to the axle back I choose. Do you think that since the TR1 is a cat back system that is why the noise as well as power increased? I wonder if the same thing may happen with the addition of the Spoon pipe. Any thoughts on this folks :confused:

I've been using only the Wagolis axle-back since last summer but within a couple of weeks, I will be adding the Spoon b-pipe. From my discussions with folks on this site, it appears that this could be one of the the best exhaust combos balancing sound levels and performance.

Craiggers 04-02-2007 06:51 PM

Tanabe Concept G axle-back

Would someone who has this exhaust please post pics of it installed? I've searched the forum and all that I have come up with is a dark video of the exhaust. It sounds great and the muffler looks good off of the car, but what it looks like on the car is what counts. So if anyone could pull some pics up it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Kane1313 04-03-2007 03:26 AM

I have some pictures on my car if you like..... It sound really great with T1R intakes..... PM or reply here and i'll try to pull out a link for u

Craiggers 04-03-2007 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Kane1313 (Post 129910)
I have some pictures on my car if you like..... It sound really great with T1R intakes..... PM or reply here and i'll try to pull out a link for u

That would be awesome if you could just post the link(s) here. If you do I'll give you a cookie (J/K). Thanks a lot!

Kane1313 04-03-2007 09:02 PM

Here you go I put it in my yahoo..
Yahoo! Briefcase - List View

ciburri 04-03-2007 11:14 PM

Tanabe DTM Medalion - opinions?

As much as I love mufflers with a coffee can tip I (currently have one on my CRX), I do not like how low they hang under a car. I prefer a bit of euro touch being a europen myself. I am experimenting with this one from my Integra. It might not be everybody's cup of tea, but I am still curious to hear your opinions. Fire away please!
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/9674/img0293es8.jpg
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/623/img0301hr9.jpg
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2024/img0297rh5.jpg

explosivpotato 04-04-2007 01:01 AM

Pipes look a little big to me, but I like the design. Looks like the RS*R if I'm not mistaken..

Craiggers 04-04-2007 03:52 PM

Thanks! I'm sure this will help others looking at different exhausts too!

Kane1313 04-04-2007 03:54 PM

NP... That was taken quickly in the morning before i head out to work. will get better pics next time =D

fitsuperfreak 04-12-2007 04:46 PM

Tanabe Exhaust?

ok, so heres the situation.

Im interested in the Tanabe exhaust systems. Primarily the Concept G and the Medalion Touring.

Concept G is a little bit more aggressive and sportier than the Medalion Touring. From what i've researched on..both have a pretty nice deep tone to them. Both look nice.

But i still cant decide..
should i go for the more aggressive look? or the more low profile and discreet ride? What do u guys think?

:confused: