Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Spoon vs. J's (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/14851-spoon-vs-js.html)

Chikubi 06-23-2007 10:20 PM

Spoon vs. J's

Since this came up in another thread here I was doing a bit of research on Minkara and found someone who had both and made a comparison. I know there's people who're tossing about which of these setups is better, so I thought I'd translate what the owner who made the comparison had to say.

Spoon:

Mid to high-end response has increased; accelerator input variations particularly so. There also doesn't seem to be much power loss, so maybe this is a muffler that can show/bring out the natural merits of a Honda engine. The shop said the low-end torque is kinda weak, but I don't particularly notice anything, so it's OK. For people who don't like a roaring loud exhaust, I can't recommend this, but you definitely can enjoy the "Honda sound" otherwise. There's also an optional silencer you can buy.

J's:

I just swapped the Spoon N1 for this, and the general feeling is an increase in torque. The pull from 3000 rpm on up is a whole different game, which used to be a concern with the Spoon. There's also no feeling of high-end restriction like there was before. Because it's titanium, it's incredibly light, and the sound is pure Honda as well. This is a muffler I can finally feel at peace with.

That's pretty much it. Not long, but hopefully useful just the same.

George02 06-23-2007 11:15 PM

damn good write up lol now im thinking about swapping my spoon pipe??

JamesBizzle 06-23-2007 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by George02 (Post 151314)
damn good write up lol now im thinking about swapping my spoon pipe??

Damn it.... me too... :(

justinfox 06-24-2007 08:24 PM

Thanks Chikubi, much appreciated.

gmayronne 07-26-2007 12:29 PM

I'm just hooked on Spoon, as any Honda enthusiast should be. Its just one of those companies that screams engineering excellence and quality when it comes to Honda modding.

Wave 07-26-2007 12:51 PM

I wonder how my Fujitsubo Power Getter compares to the J's Racing and Spoon offerings.

I just can't stand how my Fujitsubo resonator on the mid pipe scrapes speed bumps because my car is lowered, as far as I can tell the J's doesn't even have a resonator!...at least thats what I keep telling myself to justify considering the J's titanium stuff!:D

YazzFlute 07-26-2007 01:22 PM

spoons overated, j's racing ftw

AJ PwR Jr. 07-26-2007 04:08 PM

We also have to consider the price tag. Spoon is a lot cheaper than J's. I have been thru the Spoon N1, Street and J's as well. I think the gains between the N1 and J's is pretty similar but the sports muffler got more low end acceleration comparing to the other 2.

jeimusu86 08-07-2007 04:27 PM

how is megan racing...i know its obviously not as good as j's and spoon...but does anyone know how it is in terms of performance and sound

smatts 08-07-2007 06:14 PM

I just got the Spoon N1 installed and initial impression is good, the sound is very nice, not too loud IMO (beefy like most people said). I went with the spoon because the price was lower then the J's or T1R full exhaust. This gives me the option of upgrading the the spoon B pipe later down the road. I'm also content in knowing that the exhaust is SPOON and they seem to know there stuff when it comes to Honda's :)

bluerice 09-14-2007 08:50 AM

Question, the guy who did the comparison, did he swap out the spoon b-pipe and tail pipe for a j's racing center pipe and tail pipe or just swap out the spoon tail pipe for a j's racing tail pipe?

tonyd3773 09-14-2007 01:15 PM

Sound

I have a question? What does the TITANIUM exhaust sound like?
IMO I would think it would be louder then the SPOON because of the light weight metal used in the application.

Thx:)

TOOL 09-14-2007 02:38 PM

Sweet, thanks for the write up! Pretty informative!

Chikubi 09-15-2007 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by bluerice (Post 174392)
Question, the guy who did the comparison, did he swap out the spoon b-pipe and tail pipe for a j's racing center pipe and tail pipe or just swap out the spoon tail pipe for a j's racing tail pipe?

Good question, actually. He swapped the tails only, center-pipe was always a J's Racing.

Chikubi 09-15-2007 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by tonyd3773 (Post 174451)
I have a question? What does the TITANIUM exhaust sound like?
IMO I would think it would be louder then the SPOON because of the light weight metal used in the application.

Thx:)

Sounds like this: http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=DBDCo0XyWhM :)

tonyd3773 09-15-2007 10:47 AM

Thx

Thanks Chikubi......sounds pretty good. Have you heard anything about that V.I.P dual tip exhaust coming out? Any sound clips from that one?
Thanks again:)

Chikubi 09-17-2007 12:44 AM

You mean the one from T1R (AJ Racing)? Not much yet, but I've been away the last day or two. AJR has a thread in their vendor's forum for it -- best to keep an eye on it as new info appears.

Sugarphreak 09-17-2007 01:43 AM

How do you think the T1R holds up against the J's & Spoon? I would love to hear some peoples thoughts on it who have had the opportunity to try them out. :cool:

kelsodeez 04-06-2008 06:26 PM

what are the differences in diameter for these exhausts. i know the j's one is 50mm but i cant seem to find the diameter size of the spoon N1.

solbrothers 04-06-2008 06:38 PM

don't forget that the j's is MUCH lighter. titanium.. *mouth waters*