Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

KRAFTWERKS SUPERCHARGER aka (Jackson Racing)

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 04:12 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
usually a FI car will run better in colder temps.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:21 PM
Retired Moderator
OOOO I can't wait! Time to stop spending and start saving up for this!

I guess the big question I have (that I couldn't find, maybe it's in here somewhere but I might have skimmed over it), but what does this kit include? I would like to know if the headers will be included in the SC kit. If it isn't, I'd be inclined to pick up the T1R headers to pair up with this SC.

Last edited by Illusive; 09-13-2007 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
I really wouldn't know but i was curious if they are simulating colder temps and seeing how the SC and tune reacts to it on the Dyno. I would think that would be the only way to know for sure unless they have someone who has a prototype that lives in a different climate.

HINT HINT WINK WINK!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:30 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
F/I car can also run leaner in colder temps (which can be dangerous), so best way is to get dyno tuned. Plus, it'll be the most efficient to YOUR specific car. Basemaps and reflashes are not the best, but its better than nothing. Usually, i think of basemaps as just a tool used to get your car to the closest dyno/tuner, not something i would go WOT in.

Of course in Chris's case, he's getting his stuff tuned to his specs. Lucky man there.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:38 PM
5 Year Member
My point exactly. From what i have read JR is including some kind of piggyback computer to adjust certain readings. I just wanted to hear from them whether or not it is going to be a concern and what people who live in these climates will have to do possibly during the colder months.

As always thanks for your input!

Old 09-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
most RSX users of JR ditch that piggyback called "powercard" that came with their JRSC's.

(From JR)
PowerCard is a very powerful, yet small, set of electronics (slightly larger than a business card) that takes control of your fuel injection system and adds fuel under boost. PowerCard ushers in the latest in tuning science – gone is the old throttle position and RPM (Alpha-N) based tuning, replaced by PowerCard's powerful and highly effective LOAD BASED tuning methodology. The days of “sensor manipulation” are gone, Powercard installs in minutes and offers full self-diagnostic capability. It will tell you if it has been installed incorrectly.

The concept of it is cool, and i'd like to see how it'll work on the Fit compared to Emanage Ultimate tuned.

Old 09-13-2007, 04:55 PM
5 Year Member
Interesting...My point still stands. Oscar can you chime in on this please? And if you need someone to test out your theories i'm available at the drop of a hat!

Old 09-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by leonine
Oscar,

I assume you are doing all of your testing and such in Cali. I was wondering how you are addressing the issues of extremely cold temperatures for us NY folks and others that live in a more seasonal climate. Is it an issue that will require a separate tune for summer/winter?

Excellent question. We have done a lot of cold weather testing, in the mountains of Western Colorado near Oscar Sr's house.

I have a picture on my old PC hard drive (PC recently killed a motherboard). It shows our Silver Fit at I think 10 or 11,000 feet, in a snowstorm, with a mountain goat nearby. I will be sure to post it, when I get the data off my old drive.

We are very dedicated to durability testing. I believe you will have no problems.

-Oscar Jr.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:12 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks Oscar! Glad to hear it.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by 03DSM-RSX
F/I car can also run leaner in colder temps (which can be dangerous), so best way is to get dyno tuned. Plus, it'll be the most efficient to YOUR specific car. Basemaps and reflashes are not the best, but its better than nothing. Usually, i think of basemaps as just a tool used to get your car to the closest dyno/tuner, not something i would go WOT in.

Of course in Chris's case, he's getting his stuff tuned to his specs. Lucky man there.
Actually, nothing on Chris' car has been "tuned" specifically to his specifications. Everything on his car are real base kit parts, except for his upgraded injectors. But the injectors will be an extra option we plan to offer.

So really, he is using off-the-shelf kit parts, and his car runs perfectly and makes great power!

Something about the SuperCard:
The new SuperCard utlizes newer software than our previous PowerCard. Also, the SuperCard is not a "basemap" to get you to a dyno or to "get you down the road." Also, the SuperCard really isn't a "piggyback" by traditional standards.

We spend a lot of testing get the electronics right to work across a whole range of situations; much like a typical OEM manufacturer tests their cars to work across a range of situations.

We take pride in our SuperCard electronics and other electronics. We have revolutionized a new way of tuning vehicles. The reason they are so small? That's because we use cell-phone technology, to make small chips and boards. We love them because they are simple for our customer, and it works seamlessly with the vehicle; at all throttle positions, all altitudes, all temperatures, all conditions.

To produce a CARB-legal product, it has to work. But we take it a step further and not just pass CARB regulations, we make it so it performs on the track, at full throttle, on the street, idling in traffic.

-Oscar Jr.

Last edited by OscarJr@JacksonRacing; 09-14-2007 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 01:45 AM
5 Year Member
If I have a M/T Fit, approx how many hours would it take to wrench the 10# kit off and back onto the car every 2 years for smog after the initial 4 year grace period?

Old 09-15-2007, 01:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by OscarJr@JacksonRacing
Actually, nothing on Chris' car has been "tuned" specifically to his specifications. Everything on his car are real base kit parts, except for his upgraded injectors. But the injectors will be an extra option we plan to offer.

So really, he is using off-the-shelf kit parts, and his car runs perfectly and makes great power!

The new SuperCard utlizes newer software than our previous PowerCard. Also, the SuperCard is not a "basemap" to get you to a dyno or to "get you down the road." Also, the SuperCard really isn't a "piggyback" by traditional standards.

We spend a lot of testing get the electronics right to work across a whole range of situations; much like a typical OEM manufacturer tests their cars to work across a range of situations.

We take pride in our SuperCard electronics and other electronics. We have revolutionized a new way of tuning vehicles. The reason they are so small? That's because we use cell-phone technology, to make small chips and boards. We love them because they are simple for our customer, and it works seamlessly with the vehicle; at all throttle positions, all altitudes, all temperatures, all conditions.

To produce a CARB-legal product, it has to work. But we take it a step further and not just pass CARB regulations, we make it so it performs on the track, at full throttle, on the street, idling in traffic.

-Oscar Jr.

I WANT IT!!! I WANT IT!!! I WANT IT!!!

Old 09-15-2007, 01:52 AM
Retired Moderator
Oscar Jr., what does the kit include? Does it come with a header as well?

Old 09-17-2007, 07:01 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Illusive
dont count on it. If i remember correctly, in the previous JRSC thread they didn't mention it as part of the kit. Plus, JDM Chris is running a Megan Racing Header.

Old 09-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Illusive

No header is included with the kit.

We have cancelled all header production currently.

-Oscar Jr.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:57 AM
5 Year Member
Any estimates on the install time for the 5# and 10# kits? Any "fairly difficult" steps involved?

Old 09-19-2007, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member
No header is included with the kit.

We have cancelled all header production currently.

-Oscar Jr.

poop. i guess you were right, chris

Old 09-19-2007, 12:48 PM
I run THIS
5 Year Member
In anycase.. You guys are lucky that the kit didnt come out earlier.... This new kit is far better than the one that was on my car! Be patient guys.... Your gonna love it.

Old 09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Retired Moderator
LOL patience is not my virtue.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:51 PM

-Oscar Jr.
Hello,

Just a minor point of clarification. Mr Jackson references PowerCard, which is a registered trademark of Moss Motors, Ltd. The PowerCard brand covers several different products, including the old analog product which Mr Jackson refers to generically as "PowerCard."

With the exception of a few legacy products used in older California emissions legal supercharger kits, the PowerCard products available today have been developed in conjunction with our partners, Dobeck Performance, and do not use any of the technology with which Mr Jackson is familiar.

It has also been stated on this thread that people remove the analog PowerCards from their RSX kits. This is entirely correct, but ignores the fact people are switching to Hondata ECUs for boost upgrades. The PowerCard supplied with the Moss/Jackson Racing RSX kits were designed and intended to meet California emissions only. CARB rules do not allow any additional tuning capability. If you want more power in an RSX, you must switch tuning solutions.

"SuperCard" sounds conveniently similar to our trademark, perhaps trying to benefit from the association. Hmmm...

The Fit is a cool little car. I wish you folks all the best in your tuning endeavors.

Cheers,
Robert Goldman
VP Business Development
Moss Motors, Ltd.

Quick Reply: KRAFTWERKS SUPERCHARGER aka (Jackson Racing)