Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Fujita SRI on my FIT

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Arisenfury
That's because you were supposed to disconnect the hard line and replace it with the silicon ones... not put the silicon line onto the hard line.

Yea this is the way it should be installed...but i didn't bother.

Old 11-25-2007, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
That's because you were supposed to disconnect the hard line and replace it with the silicon ones... not put the silicon line onto the hard line.

i went to the store to look for those but they didnt have any...so used what i had, can i order em off line if so where or what is the name for them. also will it hurt/lower the performance if i leave it the way it is? also the one on top with the liquid. is it okay for it to leak out when changing it? how much will come out, is there a way to stop it?

Last edited by kancerr; 11-25-2007 at 04:43 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kancerr
i went to the store to look for those but they didnt have any...so used what i had, can i order em off line if so where or what is the name for them. also will it hurt/lower the performance if i leave it the way it is? also the one on top with the liquid. is it okay for it to leak out when changing it? how much will come out, is there a way to stop it?
What do you mean? You should have everything you need. The hoses came with the intake and as the instructions tell you, you were supposed to take the clips off the hard line after you disconnect it. I tried to keep it from leaking when I took it off but I wasn't successfull. Just make sure you have the top part connected, then take off the bottom one and quickly plug in the new one. I lost maybe 1/2 a cup of radiator fluid which is easily refilled. Just make sure the engine is cool to the touch or the radiator fluid will be boiling.

As far as performance, I'd say there isn't a noticable difference. The suction might not be as strong with yours since it has more to travel and if it ever kinks it could really be noticable. But I doubt you can tell the difference unless the hose kinked.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:59 PM
5 Year Member
haha didnt come with instructions and not enough hose to do the job ;/ whats the name of them so i can buy more tubing. thx

Old 11-26-2007, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
how do you go abouts of cleanin the filter?

Old 11-26-2007, 07:19 PM
5 Year Member
not sure on all of em...but i know k&n they have a cleaning kit. a cleaning bottle and then an oiling bottle come with it and instructions. (with cold air intake, you gotta take off your intake to take off your filter).

Old 11-26-2007, 07:21 PM
5 Year Member

As far as performance, I'd say there isn't a noticable difference. The suction might not be as strong with yours since it has more to travel and if it ever kinks it could really be noticable. But I doubt you can tell the difference unless the hose kinked.
only thing ive noticed that makes me really wanna change em is that sometimes i get a sound that sounds like a car backfiring coming from the intake. not sure if its just because of how loud it is in the high rpm range or it kinking, no idea. doesnt happen often.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:56 PM
i have that same prob it seems like the car lean misfires and it sounds like a intake backfire

Old 11-26-2007, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
is it bad is there a way to stop it? or any idea why it would do it?

Old 11-26-2007, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
Did you replace the hardline 666fit? Or did you just put the hoses onto it like the others? I've had no problem with my SRI what so ever, the only backfire I get is a slight one from the exhaust due to my headers, and usually only if I make it.

Still confused at how you didn't get instructions or hoses with your SRI... sounds like you need to contact who ever you bought it from and ask for the missing pieces. Hell I got mine off eBay for ~$160 shipped and I got everything, including a NOS energy drink.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
dont have the same intake. i have a CAI i got off ebay. dont think its a name brand, just seems to be a mandrel bent pipe with a k&n at the bottom didnt come with enough clamps, proper braces or enough tubing or instructions.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:37 PM
its not an exhaust back fire its threw the intake sounds like det almost like a soft touch rev limiter but loud pops from the intake i dont have anything attached to the breather its just open air i made my own intake i didnt put a breather port on it seeing i never had one on any of my hondas

Old 06-30-2009, 12:49 PM
5 Year Member
Greekdaddy! I had to bump this old thread to point out that I think you not wanting to change the hard line could be the answer to the problem of those bubbles in the heater core! And the answer to the problem of being able to smell coolant from the engine bay. It was pretty clear when I did my install a couple of years ago that the silicone hoses weren't as good as stock, but I did the install as the instructions showed. And since then, the bubble gurgling sound keeps coming back.

I'm glad to know your setup works. I'm doing this this weekend. And I'll let everyone know if the coolant smell and bubbles issue is cured for me.

SWEET!

Old 06-30-2009, 01:28 PM
5 Year Member
I just didn't see a reason to replace the hard line...the intake fit well without the silicone tubing, so I left it alone.

Old 07-08-2009, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
Well, I did it on 7/3, topped off the coolant, and no bubble/gurgle sound. So far, so good. As far as the antifreeze smell, well, after I wash it off a few times, I'll be able to tell. So far, so good, and if anyone is reading this, you just have to twist the tube the right way to make sure it clears the hood.

Will probably update in a few weeks once all the rain stops around here.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:47 PM
The fujita SRI is the intake i'm looking for! Seems to be a good part according to all the feedback i've read!

Marko!!

Old 08-07-2009, 01:23 PM
5 Year Member
Gotta say, by now the gurgling would've been back and it isn't.

Looks like greekdaddy's cure works very well.

Thanks again.

Old 10-20-2009, 08:19 PM
5 Year Member
Do you have easy access to the coolant reservoir?

Old 10-31-2009, 01:07 AM
5 Year Member
Whats up peep's!

Last edited by Chitownfit; 10-31-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:43 AM
5 Year Member
One final update. It's been six months since I re-installed the OEM hard line like Greekdaddy, and no bubbles/gurgles from air getting into the coolant system, and making their way into the heater core, and no more antifreeze smell. No change in performance either.

Big thumbs-up!

Quick Reply: Fujita SRI on my FIT