Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Show me your exhaust! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/18668-show-me-your-exhaust.html)

solbrothers 04-05-2008 02:48 PM

dang!! you stole idea x2!! :P :P

Raaaaaaaaaay. 04-05-2008 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by KoolMikeSki (Post 275154)
Wow that is sick!! :D How big are the openings though? I would think a motorcycle muffler would be small? Maybe why your using 2? Anyways it looks freaking awesome!

The tips have been gutted. Its the way they were when I got the mufflers.
Usually the exterior of the tips are big, but inside the tips are tiny openings where the exhaust gas is let out.

Mine are big.

Thanks everyone. Ive seen similar exhaust set-ups on other cars, but its always one muffler and Ive never seen it angled. Its my cheap VIP muffler, but both mufflers are offset, not just the tips.

The car is LOUD. I may suck it up and deal with it. Driving it around today actually made me like the note.

dang!! you stole idea x2!! :P :P
Dem aint no cherry bombs. :p

solbrothers 04-05-2008 04:10 PM

dude i wanted to do motorcycle exhaust on my fit!! just couldn't source the muffler i wanted for the price i was willing to pay.

props to you though!! rep added!

cojaro 04-05-2008 04:14 PM

I don't know what to think of it. It's...um...different. Props for something different, for sure, but...I dunno. Not my piece of cake.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 04-05-2008 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by solbrothers (Post 275252)
dude i wanted to do motorcycle exhaust on my fit!! just couldn't source the muffler i wanted for the price i was willing to pay.

props to you though!! rep added!

At first I couldnt find any cheap ones. A friend of mine actually found these for me. I looked on ebay weekly. Prices werent too bad but the mufflers were banged up.

I got these for... I forgot actually? $45, both mufflers AND midpipes.
Mufflers are mint. One midpipe had a dent in it.
Thanks too!

Originally Posted by cojaro
I don't know what to think of it. It's...um...different. Props for something different, for sure, but...I dunno. Not my piece of cake.

Thats fine. I prefer chocolate anyway. :cool:
At times, the mufflers seem ricey to me. Putting 2 of them, the hardcore angle.

Then I think of it as being different and trying something new. *shrugs*

jdjohnson9 04-05-2008 04:52 PM

I give ya an A for effort. haha. Just messin. I love the look. Its new to the fit world and the angle is awesome. Im curious on the sound. Loud isnt always a bad thing:D

Illusive 04-05-2008 05:08 PM

The dual motorcycle mufflers are crazy! Props to you!

George02 04-05-2008 05:44 PM

uh... ... ...

Raaaaaaaaaay. 04-05-2008 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by jdjohnson9 (Post 275272)
I give ya an A for effort. haha. Just messin. I love the look. Its new to the fit world and the angle is awesome. Im curious on the sound. Loud isnt always a bad thing:D

Hahaha
At first, I thought it was loud. Well, its still loud. Remember I have a full exhaust and a cat-delete.
What I dont like is even at idle to 3000rpms it makes noise. My old muffler barely made any noise at those RPMS. Just past that is when my old muffler would make noise, a tad bit of buzz too.

Now it basically sounds like a Honda. Before my car made noise but it wasnt something you would point out in traffic.

jdjohnson9 04-05-2008 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 275306)
Hahaha
At first, I thought it was loud. Well, its still loud. Remember I have a full exhaust and a cat-delete.
What I dont like is even at idle to 3000rpms it makes noise. My old muffler barely made any noise at those RPMS. Just past that is when my old muffler would make noise, a tad bit of buzz too.

Now it basically sounds like a Honda. Before my car made noise but it wasnt something you would point out in traffic.

Damn i didnt know you had a full exhaust and a cat delete. Yea i take it that it is REALLY loud then. I dont know seeing if its that loud if its worth the look. Is there any way you can quiet them down at all or are you gonna say screw it and rock them none the less? I still think the look is where it should be on a car like yours. I really dig it all the way around. Im gonna make it down there one of these months for a meet damn it. haha.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 04-05-2008 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by George02
uh... ... ...

Do you have the Spoon muffler?

Joshua; What I would compare it to, since Ive heard it in person. The Skunk2 exhaust. Sounds pretty similar.

George02 04-05-2008 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 275424)

Joshua; What I would compare it to, since Ive heard it in person. The Skunk2 exhaust. Sounds pretty similar.

nope I got rid of it, nothing has come to my likings so I havent bought another exhaust

osborne 04-05-2008 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by George02 (Post 275430)
nope I got rid of it, nothing has come to my likings so I havent bought another exhaust

I am addicted to my EP3 exhaust. Nice for the price too.

scarygoldlion 04-05-2008 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 275148)
Love the looks. But the sounds too loud.

dude thats sweet!! care to share a sound clip??? :D

Mr_ET 04-06-2008 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 275424)

You should make a sound clip so have an idea how low this combo is:wavey:

TOOL 04-06-2008 12:43 PM

Ray, we neeed a sound clip man! Im soo curious lol!

Tyler

Raaaaaaaaaay. 04-06-2008 02:04 PM

Its intense. Hahahah! Ill see what I can do.

GAFIT 04-06-2008 06:47 PM

I love the dual Hayabusa cans. Looks great. Of course, I'm a motorcycle junky so my taste might be a little askew. Hmmmm...I have a D&D can from my heavily modded zx-9. Think my wife would notice?

BTW, for those who asked about flow using a motorcycle muffler, I have two bikes and the least powerful still makes 15whp more than a Fit. No restrictions there. The 'busa puts out about 80% more whp stock as our Fit's.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 04-07-2008 06:08 PM

I wish the exhausts had more restrictions, the sound would be lower.
The 2nd half of my mufflers have been gutted too. Theres basically nothing inside of the mufflers. Thats why theyre so loud.

Piping into the back, big hollow canister with tiny holes on the sides (baffles)
In the center is a machine gun looking thing. 3 tubes, then after the tubes the same as the bottom half.

Kinda funny, I wanted a new muffler because I thought my Fit made too much noise. I put these things on and Im making even MORE noise. :rolleyes:

GAFIT 04-07-2008 06:19 PM

If the cans were left stock you'd have a quiet exhaust. Motorcycles have to pass some of the most stringent db rules. Most stock cans aren't pretty, but they're quiet.

A stock titanium can off a zx12 would be pretty cool.