Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   K24 4WD Fit (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/18669-k24-4wd-fit.html)

kezay 11-19-2007 03:00 PM

K24 4WD Fit

I have a 4WD fit (RHD) from japan that currently has the L15 engine in it however I will be doing a K20\24 swap. My plans are to use the rear diff & gearbox from the RD5 (4WD CRV) and I will also send the driveshaft & rear axles to Lee at DriveShaftShop for them to custom make some strong ass rear axles. The engine will also be using the Jackson Racing Supercharger. Comments, advise, concerns are welcomed.

diedwater 11-19-2007 03:16 PM

4WD is no AWD, it would be awesme tho, if you can pull it off.

jits14 11-19-2007 03:22 PM

I looked into this a while back and ran into a lot of issues/custom $hit. Starting with a 4wd jdm version is probably your best bet.

osborne 11-19-2007 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by diedwater (Post 196717)

Braille did this to an integra a few years back. You can make it RWD or AWD. Waste of money if you ask me.

ToyotaLover 11-19-2007 06:39 PM

anything is possible as long as you don't mind dipping deep within your pockets since this will be a pretty big swap until people actually want to do this normally.

I wouldn't mind a 4wd/awd fit with power...that's a sti/evo eater...but that would just kill the MPG of the car...it's a trade off and buying a new STI would be cheaper then this project and give you about the same MPG

the CRV MPG is like the low 20's without SC

YazzFlute 11-19-2007 06:40 PM

you will be god if it worx

Raaaaaaaaaay. 11-19-2007 07:22 PM

Where in Florida are you? Guessing you meant Florida with FL?
Id rather have an Evo over an STi. You cant fudge with the 4G63.

claymore 11-19-2007 11:48 PM

Yea right lets see some photos of this mystical beast.

ascGD3 11-20-2007 12:05 AM

dang that sounds nice. post pics when u get the chance!!

kezay 11-20-2007 10:46 AM

I don't live in Florida, I'm from Trinidad. We import cars directly from Japan. This project will not be hard at all because the Fit is a 2005 4WD already. What I am going to do is install a K20\24 with the CRV 5fwd gearbox (4wd as well) and just try to strengthen the drive train parts so that it will be able to take the abuse.

kezay 11-20-2007 10:52 AM

Oh BTW for those of you that don't know the 4wd CRV (RD5) and the 4wd Fit have a lot in common. The driveshaft on both vehicles is a two piece driveshaft (just have to make the correct length to work) and the CRV rear diff is ALMOST a direct boltup to the 4wd Fit rear end. The rear axles will be easy picking for DriveShaftShop as well. What are you guys using for better brakes, And I also checked the DC5 Brembo's don't work on the Fit.:mad: so I need some options for bigger brakes.

diedwater 11-20-2007 11:30 AM

but...my question is why? why 4wd? it has no performance, there s a reason why STI and EVO uses RWD biased AWD system. because 4wd is worthless performance wise...unless you are making a rally car, then FWD is just as good. I really don't understand the point of this....but maybe it's just me, I think everything on a performance point of view.

kezay 11-20-2007 01:07 PM

^^ Ahhh here come my critics...:D

diedwater 11-20-2007 01:17 PM

lol, I'm just carious as to why? but ultimately, it's your car.

kezay 11-20-2007 01:20 PM

Yeah I know .. I'm just messing with yah...:rolleyes:

ToyotaLover 11-20-2007 04:12 PM

well there are benefits in both aspect.

4wd/awd drives completely different and when you have too much power you need it to put the power down.

fwd/rwd has limitation on tractions and will break frequently

it depends on what type of driving and what the purpose of the car will be used for.

AWD/4wd vehicles are fund to drive rough as they are so easy to drive compared to a RWD or a FWD...

diedwater 11-20-2007 11:31 PM

the thing is tho, 4wd and awd is not the same, if he s making a awd fit, then it's going to be the baddest thing on earth, but 4wd is entirely different.

hatch69 11-21-2007 12:30 AM

If he got the time, skills to pull it off and money to do it I say why not. It's something different. I'd rather have a 4wd/awd fit with k frank than the fwd fit with a whopping 109 hp. They should come stock like that:D

Wht_GK5_Tx 01-28-2022 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by hatch69 (Post 197411)
If he got the time, skills to pull it off and money to do it I say why not. It's something different. I'd rather have a 4wd/awd fit with k frank than the fwd fit with a whopping 109 hp. They should come stock like that:D

Agreed. Why not give the world a Fit Type R. God knows it would be a stout contender for the Yaris GR. Alas, what would happen to the civic if a Fit Type R AWD existed?

TnTkr 01-31-2022 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by diedwater (Post 196717)

Just to make sure, do you mean
4WD = part-time i.e. automatic on-demand all-wheel drive
AWD = full-time i.e. continuous all-wheel drive

Anyways, in both cases all four wheels are providing the tractive effort in case there is limited friction. Or at least shortly after the friction is lost. And for me that's the main issue and fun. We do have a 1st gen CR-V in family, and I really like it when the all-wheel drive kicks in sand, mud, grass, snow...