Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Tanabe Concept G Exhaust vs HKS Hi-Power (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/19962-tanabe-concept-g-exhaust-vs-hks-hi-power.html)

saiko 01-05-2008 05:57 PM

Tanabe Concept G Exhaust vs HKS Hi-Power

Ok, well here's my second shot for exhaust. I've thrown out the idea of skunk2. Now I need some more feedback please!

Ok well as far as the concept g... here goes:
1. The axelback is just bolt on correct??
2. Sound clips please? I wanna hear it under no load at high revs
3. Is it good?

Hks:
1. Is it better than tanabe? Lol

Thx!

TOOL 01-05-2008 08:51 PM

Im not too sure about Tanabe's but ive heard the HKS in person and it sounds really nice, and look really nice. But i think my Megan looks and sounds even better LOL!

Tyler

Zangoose GD3 Blue 01-05-2008 09:31 PM

if you want to hear the hks axle back and hks axle back with headers and mid-pipe i got the video of them both here is a sample of what you might be looking for...
just axle back
YouTube - hks axle back w/o mid pipe ( high revs)
check my signature for the CAI/H/E :D ( i love that exhaust)

japspeed 01-05-2008 09:36 PM

just got the hks and i like it alot, its lot quieter than i expected it to be, no droning and nice deep mellow tone, there is a sound cilp from somebody else on youtube under honda fit exhaust, but in person its not as loud, its wierd like the video amplified it, there is also sound clips of tanabe, megan, spoon. i will post pics of it this weekend sometime under the show me your exhaust thread.

saiko 01-06-2008 01:27 AM

Yeah I've seen them. Concept G doesnt really have high revs... and the vid seems to be a bit innacurate cuz it sounds like a weedwhacker. lol

saralee 01-06-2008 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by saiko (Post 216320)
Yeah I've seen them. Concept G doesnt really have high revs... and the vid seems to be a bit innacurate cuz it sounds like a weedwhacker. lol

So are you saying the Concept G sounds better in real life than a weedwhacker? I am having a hard time deciding which one to get.

saiko 01-06-2008 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by saralee (Post 216341)
So are you saying the Concept G sounds better in real life than a weedwhacker? I am having a hard time deciding which one to get.

Well, I mean, most people seem to like it. They say it has a nice deep tone... that's why I've been asking for more sound clips... but I think I've decided to go with the Touring... unless I get an awesome sound clip.

junktea1 02-26-2008 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by saiko (Post 216508)
Well, I mean, most people seem to like it. They say it has a nice deep tone... that's why I've been asking for more sound clips... but I think I've decided to go with the Touring... unless I get an awesome sound clip.

I'm going with the Concept G after looking at one installed in the dealer. I like the cut angle on the Tanabe w/the shortened tip.

I had something similar to an HKS style muffler before, i.e. Apexi, but it just looks like a big bazooka. I think the HKS sounds better, but looks wise, I'm going with Tanabe.