Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Any axle backs with hidden muffler (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/21821-any-axle-backs-hidden-muffler.html)

08FitSport 02-27-2008 02:06 AM

Any axle backs with hidden muffler

I see so many exhaust systems with the muffler almost scraping the ground.?
Why can't someone make one like the stock exhaust? I don't like cringing each time I go over a speed bump. I noticed that the performance systems are all so far from the stock location.https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

C_O 02-27-2008 02:47 AM

the j's racing axleback is nicely hidden but it'll set you back $638.00!!

-Charlie

08FitSport 02-27-2008 02:58 AM

I looked at the J's pipe. It too, is far from the stock location and you even have to cut you bumper. Looking from the back it looks like it's a good four inches lower than stock.

SPON FIT 02-27-2008 03:36 AM

you dont have to cut your bumper with the j's.what gave you that idea :confused:

C_O 02-27-2008 04:04 AM

yeah, i thought the j's sat further back a few inches because it fits the JDM rear bumper?

also another great choice, the spoon axleback. another bank breaker @ $450.00 :eek:

-Charlie

08FitSport 02-27-2008 12:17 PM

The only J's exhaust I see listed at AJR is a titanium can, 650 buck tank with the bumper cut out around the stock opening. Where can I get this 400 buck one from.

Thanks for the responces

JDMchris.com 02-27-2008 12:24 PM

You dont need to cut the Js. The spoon IMO is ugly. You will not find a axleback that is stock looking. My advice is to get a Oval ES muffler welded on. Or possibly HFP or Tanabe Touring?

hiphapa 02-27-2008 01:59 PM

apexi worldsport is nice and so is the tanabe, but im going with a J's haha

SD_MR_FIT 02-27-2008 02:30 PM

get a magnaflow 4x9 for the axleback. thats what im going to do, it sit underneath so its super stealth,kinda like the es tuning mufflers.

for 80 bucks and then you can get piping done for cheap. yeah...

Raaaaaaaaaay. 02-27-2008 06:59 PM

No exhausts for the Fit hang low. I dont really know what mufflers youre looking at?
Theyre only lower on lowered cars, even then they arent LOW enough to scrap anything.
Maybe the canister/N1 style mufflers?

I can back the rear wheels of my car against a curb and my muffler no scrap.
Also keep in mind having a flush mounted muffler you may end up burning your bumper.

08FitSport 02-27-2008 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 247717)
No exhausts for the Fit hang low. I dont really know what mufflers youre looking at?
Theyre only lower on lowered cars, even then they arent LOW enough to scrap anything.
Maybe the canister/N1 style mufflers?

I can back the rear wheels of my car against a curb and my muffler no scrap.
Also keep in mind having a flush mounted muffler you may end up burning your bumper.

Thanks for the reply,

Okay, maybe I'm being too cautious about clearance. I just want a stealthy (non attention getting) exhaust. The stock location is a big area for hiding a big performance muffler. That's what I'm looking for.

fitinfit 02-27-2008 09:27 PM

T1R 50S Version2 or spoon street version, either one is good, and expensive.:D

08FitSport 02-27-2008 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by fitinfit (Post 247801)
T1R 50S Version2 or spoon street version, either one is good, and expensive.:D

Where can you get those? I see the proto type t1r at the ajr site none at their website yet. What about the spoon street version?

SD_MR_FIT 02-28-2008 01:26 AM

psssh....

im telling you es tuning or magnaflow. those are very discreet.

well at least thats what i find to be withing a reasonable price rang of course.

otherwise iw ould say just get the j racings one.

08FitSport 02-28-2008 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by SD_MR_FIT (Post 247949)
psssh....

im telling you es tuning or magnaflow. those are very discreet.

well at least thats what i find to be withing a reasonable price rang of course.

otherwise iw ould say just get the j racings one.

Thanks MR_FIT,

I went down to the local exhaust shop an got a quote for a Borla SS and a turbo muffler (dynamax I think) 300 bucks approx w/ SS 2.5" tubes mandrel bent to factory bends but, three inches of the 2" stock pipe before the 2.5".

So far it's that or may be the t1r version 2 depending on price.
The J's is still to visible.

fitinfit 02-28-2008 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by 08FitSport (Post 247808)
Where can you get those? I see the proto type t1r at the ajr site none at their website yet. What about the spoon street version?

u can either wait for the t1r v2 come out or get the spoon one now for about 600 just the muffler:eek: , if you are willing to spend the money, contact aj, or opack racing, im sure they can get you one!

did a quick yahoo search Spoon - Tail Silencer - Street Type - Nengun Performance

REXXXXXXXXX 02-28-2008 08:38 AM

dude im tellin u ya gotta go with skunk2 60mm, looks COMPLETELY STOCK, and dead silent! i mean , you can hear a pin drop when you rev your engine! joking obviously.... i say tanabe touring

tonyd3773 02-28-2008 12:53 PM

Idea's

Originally Posted by 08FitSport (Post 247267)
I see so many exhaust systems with the muffler almost scraping the ground.?
Why can't someone make one like the stock exhaust? I don't like cringing each time I go over a speed bump. I noticed that the performance systems are all so far from the stock location.https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/images/smilies/mad.gif

A stated by JDMCHRIS, there is NO aftermarket exhaust sytem that will be as hidden and stealth as the OEM stock. You need to take into consideration all of the aftermarket exhaust piping is larger in diameter then the OEM stock one....50MM/57MM/60MM...taking up more room!!
My suggestion to you would be;
1. Cut your muffler that way you will retain the OEM exhaust but you will gain sound from bypassing the muffler.
2. Purchase a B-Pipe from a vendor and leave the OEM stock muffler.
3. Purchase any exhaust system and paint it black like others on these formuz have done. This way it makes it more stealth!
4. Purchase the race header + downpipe and leave the exhaust OEM stock and you will gain some performance!

There are many different things you can do! What do you want out of your car? Hope this gives you some direction. GOOD LUCK

tonyd3773:popc:

08FitSport 02-28-2008 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by tonyd3773 (Post 248142)
A stated by JDMCHRIS, there is NO aftermarket exhaust sytem that will be as hidden and stealth as the OEM stock. You need to take into consideration all of the aftermarket exhaust piping is larger in diameter then the OEM stock one....50MM/57MM/60MM...taking up more room!!
My suggestion to you would be;
1. Cut your muffler that way you will retain the OEM exhaust but you will gain sound from bypassing the muffler.
2. Purchase a B-Pipe from a vendor and leave the OEM stock muffler.
3. Purchase any exhaust system and paint it black like others on these formuz have done. This way it makes it more stealth!
4. Purchase the race header + downpipe and leave the exhaust OEM stock and you will gain some performance!

There are many different things you can do! What do you want out of your car? Hope this gives you some direction. GOOD LUCK

tonyd3773:popc:

Thanks for the advice tonyd,

Are the after market B pipes bigger than stock (diameter). I think I'm going to have the Borla SS installed with 2" (50mm) pipes and get a good B pipe later. Shipping is ridiculous to Hawaii.

tonyd3773 02-28-2008 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by 08FitSport (Post 248210)
Thanks for the advice tonyd,

Are the after market B pipes bigger than stock (diameter). I think I'm going to have the Borla SS installed with 2" (50mm) pipes and get a good B pipe later. Shipping is ridiculous to Hawaii.

The exhaust is broken down into a few different parts starting from the egine block;
Header- off the engine block
Downpipe- cat is on this pipe
B-Pipe- which is your exhaust piping
Axle Back- which includes the muffler

This is how the exhaust system is setup, each part connecting to each other in the sequence listed above.
Yes, the B-Pipe's are larger then stock....they range from 50MM/57MM or 60MM. I believe the stock exhaust piping is around 44MM...FYI.
GOOD LUCK

tonyd3773:)