Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Cracked weld on megan header... (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/22453-cracked-weld-megan-header.html)

andyd 03-14-2008 02:07 PM

Cracked weld on megan header...

Just bought this from a dude on here. I was looking at it and can see a crack in one of the welds. When i blew on the crack i can feel air coming through it. As far as i can tell its the only problem, and have a buddy that can fix it. How do you guys do a "water test"?

Evotech8 03-14-2008 04:04 PM

Just hold the header with the collector end down, plug O2 sensor bung, put your hand/palm covering the collector hole, then fill header with water. Watch for any leaks around the welds, especially the O2 sensor bung, as there's been some issues with leaks around that area.

i lucked out and didn't have any leaks.

andyd 03-14-2008 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Evotech8 (Post 257952)
Just hold the header with the collector end down, plug O2 sensor bung, put your hand/palm covering the collector hole, then fill header with water. Watch for any leaks around the welds, especially the O2 sensor bung, as there's been some issues with leaks around that area.

i lucked out and didn't have any leaks.

The guy i bought it from is sending me a new header! Thanks for the info though.

yeamans17 03-14-2008 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by andyd (Post 257968)
The guy i bought it from is sending me a new header! Thanks for the info though.

You want to sell the one you've got? I'd buy it and fix it...

Raaaaaaaaaay. 03-14-2008 05:47 PM

Those headers are cheesy. I went through 4 of them, every single one leaked.

yeamans17 03-14-2008 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 258007)

the one I had on my accord broke the bracket to the bottom of the block off so I just welded a couple patches over the holes and tossed the bracket in the trash

solbrothers 03-14-2008 08:20 PM

since when did megan start selling quality parts? as far as i can remember, megan is just as bad as ebay garbage

Raaaaaaaaaay. 03-14-2008 08:40 PM

Their mufflers arent too bad. And the suspension parts are proving themselves so far in drifting.
Me and my friend took a chance on their suspension after we bought Megan springs for his Sentra. Stance was awesome and the springs were stiff.

Exhaust wise, I know their manifolds are known to leak. Not just the Fit ones.
Its basically a roll of the dice.

JackBurton 03-14-2008 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 258007)

You bought at least 3 too many. ;)

Raaaaaaaaaay. 03-14-2008 10:43 PM

Hahah! After the first one they were swapped out by others. By number 3 I wanted my money back. I got the money back and kept 2 headers.
Ended up throwing them away.

tonyd3773 03-15-2008 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mx6GT89 (Post 258152)
Hahah! After the first one they were swapped out by others. By number 3 I wanted my money back. I got the money back and kept 2 headers.
Ended up throwing them away.

What did your leak sound like? :)