Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   The Official Intake Thread (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/24247-official-intake-thread.html)

socalsmirff 04-10-2010 07:27 AM

aem makes carb legal. i switched from fujita sri to aem cai cause of smog cert. sucks cleanin filter but i like it a bit more, just my preference. ca= very little rain to worry bout.

Kurse 04-10-2010 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by JDMxGE8 (Post 828420)
I didn't know TODA Racing makes intake systems.

Its what i though

der Mond 04-11-2010 09:42 PM

It's good that you left the snorkel in place to blow cold air to the filter. The little scoops by the left fog light direct air into that fenderwell. It blows in pretty good at speed. An axleback and intake is a delightful combination. I play my car like a musical instrument! You won't regret the bucks, and it's a cinch to change out.

pluspeedgd3 01-23-2011 11:57 AM

recently, my friend sold me his aem cold air intake for a good price.. he upgraded to the t1r chambered intake. forgot that his car was manual and mine automatic.. so right now im currently using this intake as a short ram.. i have no complaints on it so far.. im loving the sound esp. on WOT, the increase of torque/hp to fit.. i feel that it got faster. only thing is... i really want to use the cold air pipe.. but i have no idea on how to fit the pipe.. unless i have to cut it and custom fit... any suggestions? ill take pics tomorrow...

Texas Coyote 01-23-2011 12:09 PM

I had the same CAI as you do. After trashing the end of it by running over a tire that came unglued from a semi I used what wasn't crunched and had the same setup as you.... I really think it worked better that way and I didn't have to jack up the car and struggle to remove all of the plastic stuff to clean the filter.

ThEvil0nE 01-23-2011 12:17 PM

YouTube - HONDA FIT / JAZZ GE CARBON FILTER AIR INTAKE

YouTube - HONDA FIT / JAZZ HYBRID CARBON CHAMBER AIR INTAKE

Dougr320 02-28-2011 02:54 AM

Anybody have the DC sports SRI, seems like a good price. If not I'll probably go apexi. How do I clean the apexi filter?

bjvalencia 03-03-2011 04:19 PM

Is there a DIY thread for a cold air intake? I just bought one from a member and will getting it pretty soon. I need help guys. Thanks!

jazzista 04-13-2011 10:58 AM

poor man chambered...

Hello,
was just wondering if anybody ever tried to adapt a larger second hand airbox essentially filling the volume originally covered by the snorkel to the fender?

Look at here on theoretical airbox sizing criteria: http://homepage.mac.com/rg500delta/T...0pressure.html

It should be similar to some chambered intake, but I'd like to keep sucking air out of engine bay.

Thoughts???:popc:

der Mond 04-14-2011 08:13 PM

Jazzista,

That's a very interesting article, thanks! The way I see it, Honda is using the fenderwell as a ram-air box by ducting air into it via the scoops next to the drivers-side fog light. I wondered why the OEM air filter box system was so convoluted; perhaps Honda had some resonance in mind in addition to silencing the intake. As you know it was sealed to the fenderwell duct for cold air. The stock car was so quiet I couldn't tell how fast the engine was revving half the time. The intake end of my PRM JetStream sucks from right in front of the fenderwell duct. I enlarged the duct a bit and packed foam around it to seal it to the fenderwell and after driving all the foam blew in to the engine compartment due to the ram air. So I taped it all down with lots of duct tape and it worked great until voles ate at the foam. I'm going to build a box that seals to the fenderwell duct and around the intake. Think about it; the fenderwell dimensions meet all the parameters mentioned in the article. And rain can drop and drain out enough so there's no worry about hydrolock. I see no need to fill the space on the inside of the fender with another large-volume box. And that's why a "chambered" intake that sucks engine compartment air is useless compared to a smooth tube to the fenderwell. What do you think?

jazzista 04-15-2011 10:24 AM

Hi Dennis,
the idea that Honda meant the fenderwell as a ram-air box is tempting, yet I can't figure an air box splitted in two (the air box in the engine bay and the fenderwell) and linked by such a small section duct as the standard one. I mean, AFAIK the airbox is meant to provide the TB with a large volume of relatively "calm" air, yet the air flowing in the duct has a velocity which raises as the size of duct decreases.
So I guess that the idea of a bigger duct is much more than right. What is the diameter of PRM ducts? If we assume correct the formulas in the article, I would need 3,5 inches of airbox inlet ducting for my small 1246cc engine. And I guess a similar area for TB... So, the original TB too is noway optimized for maximum power (aside from DBW ECU inducted delays)...

der Mond 04-15-2011 11:45 AM

You're probably right. I will take some photos of whatever I finally build and ask your opinion :wavey:

jazzista 04-15-2011 11:59 AM

Denis,
I will really appreciate any photo of your work, only please consider that I'm here to share and learn rather than judge anything.

You will tell us if the reworked thing works better, so I will do with my homework :):)

The intake actually is one of the few parts stock (aside from a K&N panel).

airwicc 05-10-2011 05:39 PM

Here's a video clip of the T1r Carbon sound from the inside : YouTube - Honda Fit T1r intake
Not really pushing the car, just wanted to upload to show people how it sounds
Driver is me :D

HotIron 06-09-2011 02:15 AM

Just a quick update for current and future Fujita owners. When I bought my short ram almost four years ago, I got it directly from Fujita through their f5air.com site. I discovered the other day I need to replace the filter. I haven't touched it since installation, and the filter has worked great. So I decided it was about time to wash the filter, and found a hole had worn through where it was rubbing against the lower support bracket for the stock air box. Grrrrrrrrrr. I never realized the bracket was attached with two small bolts. D'oh!

Removed said bracket, and washed the filter. It cleaned up pretty well considering. So I reinstalled, and then went to order a new filter, but it looks like Fujita stopped selling direct. Not even a phone number on their site. Got a little concerned, but eventually found fujitaperformance.com. It looks like this company now handles sales.

Well, to make a short story long, I have the new filter on order, and this one will be washed regularly. :]

craigquakertown 07-01-2011 07:25 PM

cheap cold air intake is as follows run a flexible tube to a spot where you can ge direct air as your driving but just check your filter more often caus now it gets more air and dust or dirt to your airbox and yes hot air can affect a car greatly which is why most ram air systems are in spots where engine cabin heat can not get to the incoming air really never enters the airbox, hot air causes detonation and kills gas mileage cause now the engine works harder to get that good burn it needs used to drive cars with carbs and it was hard getting the perfect mix with no computers lol (alot of adjustments)

hiwatt357 12-03-2011 12:18 PM

Just got a 2008 Fit Sport A/T almost a month ago to replace my '08 Hyundai Accent SE that was totaled thanks to a 16 year-old kid who wasn't paying attention.

I had a AEM short ram intake on the Hyundai, and I did notice some MPG improvements after installing it. So I am considering a SRI for my Fit.

I was looking at the Fujita and the DC Sports SRI's since they are relatively close in price. I've read about fitment issues with the Fujita, but I've also read some positive things about them. I've also read a couple of positive things about the DC Sports one.

Any general consensus in regards to quality, benefits, etc. regarding either? Any other SRI's I should seriously consider? Injen? AEM makes one, any input on those?

Thanks!

Chaosdarklight 05-07-2012 09:01 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and have really enjoyed reading all things Jazz/Fit related!

As you can probably tell I'm from the United Kingdom, I own a 2005 Honda Jazz sport (1.4 I-Dsi) and have been debating modifying it.

I Would like to purchase my first modification, a T1R B-Max Carbon Intake...however I'm a bit confused as to if it will fit my UK car or not?

I hear ppl say GD1, GD3 etc etc, I'm not sure what this means, or in fact which of these is relavent to my car!

Anyhow, thanks for any help in advance...

Tim

VictorFarias 05-09-2012 11:47 PM

What is this in red ? If i can put this on de intake tube, what i do ? Have another alternative?http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8720/dscn2277z.jpg

dj_konix 11-01-2012 05:05 PM

Anyone have the Password JDM Carbon Intake? Any good?
Im just wondering what the difference with JDM and USDM intakes are, being that the password jdm is to suit usdm and i have ADM (which is the same as JDM)