Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   The Official Intake Thread (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/24247-official-intake-thread.html)

F'it_ImFromTx 05-22-2008 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by der Mond (Post 314943)
Here's a new site for the J's Racing Tsuchinoko Cold-Air:

J's Racing - The Extreme Honda Ride

Can someone explain what GD means and in relation to USDM?

GD is part of the cars chassis code.
Honda-Tech.com: Tech/Misc: The Ultimate Honda Chassis Code List

that is probably the most useful thread i have ever read.

der Mond 05-23-2008 01:00 AM

...and what about the Passportjdm chambered intake?

F'it_ImFromTx 05-23-2008 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by der Mond (Post 316764)
...and what about the Passportjdm chambered intake?

its on the list, i dont know if any one on the forums has it yet. every body that i have spoken with about it is a little weary of getting it because you have to relocate the battery to make it fit.

i<3vtec 05-23-2008 05:29 AM

Where is the cold air section?

titbizz 05-23-2008 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by titbizz (Post 315588)
anyone have use above intake for their fit? Dont mind share the review for above intake? pro & contras......tq:D Thinking going for this type of intake..........

anybody?:confused:

F'it_ImFromTx 05-24-2008 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by titbizz (Post 317746)
anybody?:confused:

i dont believe any one does, not to be a dream killer but paying near 700 dollars for a metal tube and sponge filter seems a bit wacky. be the first to experiment with it.

bigtoepfer 05-24-2008 11:36 PM

Um
YouTube - Honda Fit Weapon-R Intake Manifold

thought that to be moderately related to the thread. I failed at finding the video of the fit with the ARC powerbox. Maybe i've been imagining it this whole time. lol

F'it_ImFromTx 05-25-2008 09:00 AM

i want that intake mani so bad!!! i just know that getting that thing would require a tune to run at its full potential.

i know people have bought it and have seen results but i really dont think i would get it unless i went FI just because the gains you get on a naturally aspirated car are so minimal for the price you pay, and that price is not including a tune.

bigtoepfer 05-25-2008 07:22 PM

ok so i found it again.

YouTube - Modded Honda Fit

i want like everything he has, brakes, intake heck yeah

greekdaddy000 05-25-2008 08:42 PM

any info and comments on the password:JDM intake?

bigtoepfer 05-26-2008 12:12 AM

it saw a guy on cardomain with a PWJDM intake. he just rambled about how cool carbonfiber is and how JDM it is. blah blah something or other.

SpokanejdmGD3 05-26-2008 09:06 AM

Awesome! That is the box!!!!
I am trying to find someone to translate the video to see what he says. I also sent an email about it directly to ARC and told them Mackin never replied to me. My buddy that has the uncle in Japan said he did this and they responded pretty quickly but told him to ask Mackin Industries. So we'll see.

Update: Had the video translated and he doesn't really say anything in particular about the ARC. Just that it works together with all of the other parts to create power.

So now I'm hoping to hear from ARC themselves to get some insight.

der Mond 05-28-2008 11:19 AM

I am going to order a PasswordJDM amd will post results. I have driven my car stock (except for Megan dual-outlet muffler) for 15K miles so hopefully should be able to notice any difference.

bigtoepfer 05-28-2008 02:14 PM

i'm really not interested in relocating my battery tho. Altho i have been thinking of just moving it to the back and putting a bigger one

der Mond 05-28-2008 07:10 PM

Bigtoepfer man, the cool thing about the Odyssey battery is that despite it being smaller and possibly lighter than the OEM YUASA battery, it has significantly more Cold Cranking Amps power and will hold a charge significantly longer. It's a really good steady source of juice for our digital cars and gives lots of reserve if you leave the lights on etc. When you compare that to the shipped cost of a T1R, you are actually getting much more bang for the buck. The down side seems to be that to clean the filter I will likely need to remove at least the battery (Password says no but it looks tight) but at least that doesn't happen that often. :cool:

SpokanejdmGD3 05-29-2008 08:48 AM

GREAT NEWS For those looking for an ARC induction box for the GD3.

I just got word from ARC that the ganster panel type induction box is in development. The one that is in the video that was posted is the box in development I would assume. I didn't get an expected release date however.

Just thought I would relay the information.

Hello,

I was inquiring about a super induction box I have seen on a couple Japanese/Chinese GD3 Honda Fits. It is not the New Super Induction Box with the cone filter. It is rather the older style that uses the foam filter. Is this an item that is still available? I am assuming it would not fit the USDM GD3 Honda Fit but am still interested in it. I have contacted Mackin Industries in the
USA for more information on the item but they are yet to respond to my inquiry. Any information you can provide would be immensely appreciated.

Thank you
Micheal Bush

Response:

Dear Micheal,

Thank you for your e-mail.
Induction box for GD3 is under development.

Regards,

Maiko
ARC International (arc@arcinter.co.jp)

AnniHilat0R 05-29-2008 10:09 AM

Anyone using a Last Station Powerbox ? I am planning to go for a Last Station or a Weapon-R. Have read the reviews of the Weapon-R, but havent heard from anyone about the Last Station.

bigtoepfer 05-29-2008 10:59 AM

theres a guy on youtube that has like 15 videos of the powerbox. maybe ask him.

And that was defenitly a blunt and to the point email from ARC lol

SpokanejdmGD3 05-29-2008 11:24 AM

The guy that has posted the video you linked here is from Toronto, ON and just uploaded a video. He doesn't know anything about the box or anything. :(

F'it_ImFromTx 05-30-2008 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by AnniHilat0R (Post 323798)
Anyone using a Last Station Powerbox ? I am planning to go for a Last Station or a Weapon-R. Have read the reviews of the Weapon-R, but havent heard from anyone about the Last Station.

i am almost posotive that koolkevin is the one who is running the power box. try asking him about it.