Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Tech: The Great Honda Jazz Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 06:09 AM
Talking

This is something that I do on my GF car and here is some short review.
Do to her automatic transmission several changes have not being done, so the car will have more power.

Header == SPOON
By far its the best header ever. The one in the picture above doesnt even look like SPOON (more like GD1) Spoon version are very smooth and nicely build. Off course there are others such as Xforce, Mugen, J' Racing, Malaysian (HotBits) and several local brand. Which uncomparable. I say go with SPOON!

Downpipe == Custom
Well the arent too much alternative and in my case I got a very good quality version made in thailand. Compare to Xforce, Mugen, J's Racing, and Hotbits etc. Changing your downpipe doesn't really make a different because u basically try to remove the Catalic Converter to boost the power

At first I didnt change the downpipe and to be honest it really make a different in performance. However it really boost the DB level of the sound inside your car.

B Pipe == Standard
Again since I'm running on auto this is the less thing you want to change. Since removing the Catalic Converter will surely make the car loose its power and further increase the DB level. However if you want to make it look nice then surely change this will make the cosmetics looks good.

Exhaust == HKS Pro
Well, the best bang for buck. However several brand do make a better product. However most of them just look better and did not adjust the performance. However there are one brand, which I believe do make the best Exhaust (J's Racing) which made by Titanium in this case very light .5 KG compare to mine 5KG. hehehehe...

Overal changing your exhaust system will not be maximum if you didnt change your CAI too. So, please do change it. Maybe I'll make some review later on about the best CAI for our hamster.

Hope this help.

Old 11-28-2005, 07:09 AM
Here in the U.S. (depending on your state) you have to leave the Catalytic Convertor intact or face fines:-(

Old 11-30-2005, 05:32 AM
Originally Posted by Jonniedee
Here in the U.S. (depending on your state) you have to leave the Catalytic Convertor intact or face fines:-(
True.. but for honda JAZZ there are 2 catalic converter, so maybe u can leave one out.

Some downpipe do come with CC due to city/state regulation. But for Japanesse no such regulation, so most of their car are pimp!!

Old 12-04-2005, 09:45 PM
Hi I'm Ramli from Indonesia

Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by edy_l
Anybody from Australia? where do you get things like this in Australia? Melbourne in particular ..

Thanks,

Ed
A couple of us from Australia.. Vividjazz is from SYD and I am from MEL.

A couple of local Fit Jazz owners site which you can check out.. ausfit.com or ozhonda.com

If you want to get something like Xforce, one of the guy by the name of Jazzpro in ausfit is a trader.. If you want more expensive stuff such as Vision (see the photos I posted), you can talk to Hondar in Ozhonda.. expected to pay around AUD$700 for Vision..

If you want HKS HiPower 409.. PM me.. I can lead you to someone...

If you want the SPOON muffler.. (damn.. I should have got that one...) PM me as well.. I can arrange for that...

All the Japanese Genuine stuff are expensive.. expect to pay around AUD$500 - $600... If you prefer something cheaper such as HiTech, Lukey etc.. check your local muffler shop..

Hope that help...

Old 01-05-2006, 06:14 AM
KingRichard,

Where did you get all your stuff? I assume you're in Jakarta, right? Thanks.

J.

Old 01-05-2006, 07:00 AM
i know remus exhaust give cars a very deep sound
let say if i get the universal remus muffler (cut and weld), instead of the one that's bolt on, will i get the same deep sound?

reason i am asking about the remus universal muffler, and the bolt on one made for jazz, is because here in new zealand, i can get the universal for around NZD$400.
when i check remus website, the bolt on for jazz is 307Euro (exclude tax), so if i ship it to new zealand, and pay tax for it, my wild guess would be around $1000

oh btw, the universal one is a single 2.5"? tip, and the one i see on remus website is a twin tip muffler...wonder if that would make any difference?

Old 01-29-2006, 11:55 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
I have the J's Racing Curcuit Titanium Muffler "Blue" Ordered. I'll let you know in April when I get the Fit in Illinois

Old 02-10-2006, 02:24 AM
where to buy it???

where to buy it??? it need any modify to fit the exhaust ??

Old 02-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by DeJaVu
KingRichard,

Where did you get all your stuff? I assume you're in Jakarta, right? Thanks.

J.
Stuff being collected from many places. Some purchase in Spore too.. hehehe

Old 02-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by dougiepants
I have the J's Racing Curcuit Titanium Muffler "Blue" Ordered. I'll let you know in April when I get the Fit in Illinois
Nice exhaust... do you get the tips only or you get the set of titanium exhaust? I mean from header to muffler? Cause they are totally rocks and very2 expensive..

Old 02-16-2006, 09:03 PM
5 Year Member
im happy with the Remus exhaust.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:19 PM
Hey Dougie where did you order J's Racing exhaust because I am in the US also and A-J Racing so far is the only tuning shop I know that is going to be carrying JDM Fit parts at least for the moment, I appreciate it, thanks.

Old 02-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by mimpi
im happy with the Remus exhaust.
more detail please? how do you like it? what about it makes you happy?

cheers

Old 02-16-2006, 09:40 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by UH-0H
more detail please? how do you like it? what about it makes you happy?

cheers
i, personally dont like how the canons type of mufler sounds like, you know how remus sounded like, not so bassy and deep.
if you like this type of exhaust note, id say its not a wrong choice,

other than that, very hard to explain, just come and see and listen.

i dont think the tip will effect the sound outcome, just dont get the specified UNIVERSAL muffler for above 1500CC (AFAIK NZ jazz is only 1.3) or you lose the sound "characteristic"

Old 02-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by mimpi
i, personally dont like how the canons type of mufler sounds like, you know how remus sounded like, not so bassy and deep.
if you like this type of exhaust note, id say its not a wrong choice,

other than that, very hard to explain, just come and see and listen.

i dont think the tip will effect the sound outcome, just dont get the specified UNIVERSAL muffler for above 1500CC (AFAIK NZ jazz is only 1.3) or you lose the sound "characteristic"
there are 1.3 and 1.5 in nz, i have a 1.3
so what you mean, is i should get one that's made for 1500cc and under, and i will get the remus sound 'characteristic'?

Old 02-22-2006, 11:18 AM
Im not sure if anyone noticed this but if you take a close look at the J's Racing titanium exhaust kit, the B-pipe has no resonator built in like the factory honda B-pipe and Spoon B-pipe so expect it to be pretty loud.

Also J's Racing sells that kit in a few different configurations, you can get the muffler by itself, the muffler with the B-pipe or the muffler, B-pipe and downpipe. The latter being the most expensive of the group as expected, lists for around $1100USD but a very nice system if you plan on road racing your Fit and not so much use it as a daily driver.

Old 03-09-2006, 09:26 AM
is there anyway to have the standard exhaust come out in the middle of the Jazz? i have asked three diffirent companies and they all seemed to think that i will have to remove the spare wheel area at the bottom of the car to have the exhaust fitted. does anyone know of a better way?

Old 03-09-2006, 01:49 PM
Avid FitFreak Poster
Originally Posted by KingRichard
Nice exhaust... do you get the tips only or you get the set of titanium exhaust? I mean from header to muffler? Cause they are totally rocks and very2 expensive..

I did not opt to purchase the header. I am not planning on staying with the L15. Once the K Series mounts and conversion kit is out from Hasport I will be doing the K Series Swap. I bought the entire cat back Ti system.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by razak
is there anyway to have the standard exhaust come out in the middle of the Jazz? i have asked three diffirent companies and they all seemed to think that i will have to remove the spare wheel area at the bottom of the car to have the exhaust fitted. does anyone know of a better way?
Mugen actually make one, however its only look good if you replace your rear bumper with Mugen pro which have all the setup necessary to place the tips. I believe its Mugen Professional..

Hope this help

Quick Reply: Tech: The Great Honda Jazz Exhaust Thread