Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Other than the stock muffler, which one of the axleback exhaust are the quietest? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/28051-other-than-stock-muffler-one-axleback-exhaust-quietest.html)

SukebePAUr 07-13-2008 01:15 PM

Other than the stock muffler, which one of the axleback exhaust are the quietest?

Which one of the aftermarket axleback exhaust is the quietest? I want my Fit to be as quiet as possible but I will eventually supercharge my Fit when I get done paying it off. I just want to mod my Fit for now just to keep my right foot happy:vtec:

dagul 07-13-2008 01:20 PM

An EP3 muffler is pretty quiet. Quieter than the HFP muffler. Another one to look at would probably be the Apexi WS2...

SukebePAUr 07-13-2008 01:22 PM

thanks for the heads up:)

Fitcapo 07-13-2008 01:25 PM

EP3 really isn't aftermarket tho it is just off a civic.

I think the megan axleback is going to be the quietest because it has such a huge muffler. I actually thought it was quieter than stock so we cut out my resonator to make it louder lol......

SukebePAUr 07-13-2008 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Fitcapo (Post 365208)

I think the megan axleback is going to be the quietest because it has such a huge muffler. I actually thought it was quieter than stock so we cut out my resonator to make it louder lol......

Yeah but I also don't need alot of attention. I don't want a huge muffler because it's such a cop/hater magnet. :mad:

(AND I don't want to look and sound like RICER.)

Raaaaaaaaaay. 07-13-2008 01:43 PM

Then go Ep3.

T1R has their v2 muffler. Most people dont like the look. It actually looks stock but its all stainless and gains power so youll get the best of both. Its not cheap

A&J Racing :: Intake & Exhaust :: Fit/Jazz (GD3/4) :: T1R 50S Version 2.0 Sports muffler - Honda Fit 07-08 GD3

dagul 07-13-2008 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Fitcapo (Post 365208)

It may not be aftermarket, but it's an alternative that fulfills the OPs objective being quiet and free flowing enough to make a difference when they decide to go FI...

SukebePAUr 07-13-2008 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by I Am Ray. (Post 365219)
Then go Ep3.

T1R has their v2 muffler. Most people dont like the look. It actually looks stock but its all stainless and gains power so youll get the best of both. Its not cheap

A&J Racing :: Intake & Exhaust :: Fit/Jazz (GD3/4) :: T1R 50S Version 2.0 Sports muffler - Honda Fit 07-08 GD3

WOW, thanks, I actually like this one!:D I like how it looks, nothing fancy. Thanks Ray.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 07-13-2008 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by SukebePAUr (Post 365222)
WOW, thanks, I actually like this one!:D I like how it looks, nothing fancy. Thanks Ray.

Not a problem.
And whats good about this muffler is if you upgrade piping in front of it the tones will still be low.

Or at least should. ;)

TOOL 07-13-2008 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by I Am Ray. (Post 365219)
Then go Ep3.

I actually like the exhuast alot, dont like the price though.

Megan and HFP and not too pricey, and quiet.

Tyler

Raaaaaaaaaay. 07-13-2008 03:06 PM

HFP looks like ass. Oops. ;)

saiko 07-13-2008 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by SukebePAUr (Post 365201)
Which one of the aftermarket axleback exhaust is the quietest? I want my Fit to be as quiet as possible but I will eventually supercharge my Fit when I get done paying it off. I just want to mod my Fit for now just to keep my right foot happy:vtec:

Tanabe Touring Medallion

saiko 07-13-2008 03:18 PM

uhhhh the megan is quite too. Basically it comes down to look. I got Tanabe because I enjoy Japanese products. lol

grtpumpkin 07-13-2008 04:51 PM

If anyone with an EP3 axle back can post some sound clips in the exhaust thread that would be great. I'm leaning heavily towrds the the T1R V2 right now because I want higher flow without the loud noise. But If I don't have to spend 400 bux......:cool: I think I will eventually get the entire exhaust system done header, b-pipe, axle back. I'm thinking that adding a second canister muffler between the cat and the axle-back flange would give me the quiet I'm looking for.

ezduzit 07-13-2008 06:05 PM

I've run both the HFP and the Megan.

My experience is that the Megan is a *lot* louder than the HFP, at least with an A/T.

Even when I ran the Megan with stock header and mid pipe, it was lots louder than the HFP.

The HFP was too quiet for me and that's why I installed the Megan.

I like how the Megan sounds, but I sure wouldn't call it quiet.

dagul 07-13-2008 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by grtpumpkin (Post 365334)
If anyone with an EP3 axle back can post some sound clips in the exhaust thread that would be great. I'm leaning heavily towrds the the T1R V2 right now because I want higher flow without the loud noise. But If I don't have to spend 400 bux......:cool: I think I will eventually get the entire exhaust system done header, b-pipe, axle back. I'm thinking that adding a second canister muffler between the cat and the axle-back flange would give me the quiet I'm looking for.

I'll get a couple videos posted later on tonight (minus the barking dog). :D

SD_MR_FIT 07-13-2008 08:32 PM

custom son!

my hks super drager is quiet. the greddy sp2 exhaust is quiet.

um..the hfp looks like a dildo..i think its ugly.

yeah...a lot of mufflers are quiet..you just have to put a bigger resonator on your car.

drzenitram 07-13-2008 10:45 PM

Tanabe Medallion Touring($370), HKS Hi-Power($260), Spoon N1(Dunno), HFP (Not Sure)

I was looking for the same thing and decided on the HKS Hi-Power, no rasp and a quiet, deep tone.

dagul 07-13-2008 11:50 PM

It's short video, but straight to the point...

A quick idle, a couple blips to 6.5K RPM and a quick idle down.

Sorry for the rush job, we were running a little behind to meet up with some friends.

crappy vid

Here's an interior vid I forgot I did when I first got the camera.

Windows up, a quick 1 - 2 to 45mph...

I appologize for the poor quality...

another crappy vid

1 Sick Fit 07-14-2008 07:38 PM

+1 for the people that voted tanabe touring medallion

they specifically say

http://www.tanabe-usa.com/images/Exhausts/img_93db.jpg

so i think that would be the best bet.
taking parts from other cars isn't my style.
the tanabe exhaust looks good too.