Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   ECU options? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/29637-ecu-options.html)

1990hondahf 08-17-2008 03:28 AM

ECU options?

What ECU options for boosting are out there? I know of emanage(blue), F-con, emanage ultimate...what others are there? Thanks.

underdog 08-17-2008 11:17 PM

aem FI/C is a piggy back option. and if you have deep enough pockets i'm sure its possible to convert to K-pro by hondata.

1990hondahf 08-17-2008 11:30 PM

I was looking at the emanage ultimate....seems to retail for around $600 or so. I just would want to get somthing that I can tune from my laptop.

also what about a s-afc?

underdog 08-18-2008 09:42 AM

s-afc has no control over ignition timing so that would be a no no for a boosted car. my tuner prefers the aem fi/c over emange ultimate(he won't touch the emanage). there is a huge debate about that online and it always appears the aem wins over the greddy. you can also get the fi/c for around $400 or less if you have connections.

1990hondahf 08-18-2008 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by underdog (Post 399147)
s-afc has no control over ignition timing so that would be a no no for a boosted car.

....good info, didn't know that. I see what I can find out about the AEM....TY!

also, what is it about e-manage that your tuner does not like?

Sugarphreak 08-18-2008 08:15 PM

The Fit seems to respond well to the E-manage Ultimate, AJR was able to get quite a bit more power out of their Turbo kit when VS using the E-manage Blue.

I even run it on my naturally aspirated Fit, works wonders.

underdog 08-18-2008 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by 1990hondahf (Post 399525)
....good info, didn't know that. I see what I can find out about the AEM....TY!

also, what is it about e-manage that your tuner does not like?

i'm not sure to tell you the truth. all I do know is he says its crap and he won't touch it so i'll go with his word and stick with the aem. he's tuned everything from his wifes DD to a 1200hp mustang. so I trust him. he made 631whp on my cousins car vs's the 554whp done by a well known local tuner. same setup(with very minor changes) not to mention the driveabality was a million times better. we always had hot restart issues, car dieing when comming to a stop, bucking and surging at light throttle, ect.... now it honestly drives almost good as stock(with the exception of the twin disc clutch) with 1600cc injectors on a 2.0l honda on E85. just looking at the maps between his tune and the previous tuners looks soo much cleaner.

leonine 08-18-2008 11:24 PM

i was considering aem but the F/IC only retards ignition timing. It doens't advance it. not sure what the stock ignition map is but i'm sure it is pretty conservative.

underdog 08-18-2008 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by leonine (Post 400105)
i was considering aem but the F/IC only retards ignition timing. It doens't advance it. not sure what the stock ignition map is but i'm sure it is pretty conservative.

this is true. but being boosted I honestly doubt there is anywhere in the map you would be adding timing???:confused:

1990hondahf 08-19-2008 02:45 PM

FYI about the AEM F/IC....they don't have one for the fit yet(I called them) but.... I did find a poster on their forum who made one work. : Please help me find TPS wire for 07 honda fit (PIC inside)

leonine 08-19-2008 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by 1990hondahf (Post 400637)
FYI about the AEM F/IC....they don't have one for the fit yet(I called them) but.... I did find a poster on their forum who made one work. : Please help me find TPS wire for 07 honda fit (PIC inside)

that person is a member of this forum. looks like the wiring (according to him) is the same as the 06-07 s2k with the exception of the TPS signal. that connection was answered in the link you provided. i downloaded the s2k wiring diagram and compared it to the pinouts he provided in the link you attached and it looks to be correct.

so that is a big plus imo having a wiring diagram to reference makes the install easier.