Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   mFactory 4.7FD/Quaife ATB LSD/T1R clutch installed! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/35074-mfactory-4-7fd-quaife-atb-lsd-t1r-clutch-installed.html)

spoonek4 11-27-2008 12:30 AM

mFactory 4.7FD/Quaife ATB LSD/T1R clutch installed!

9 Attachment(s)
What a goooooooooooood difference these stuff make!!!!!!!:D

My brother started to remove & disassemble my Fit's transmission last Friday to install the final gear, LSD & clutch set. We have 90% of the tranny Re & I shop manual print out with us that day. Which made the job quite a bit easier for us. I did get two brand new differential carrier bearings & all the shims that are listed in the manual. Finally, the Fit transmission(code#G4A) is out & ready to be disassembled.....

Attachment 72062

Attachment 72063

Attachment 72064

Stupid OEM open differential & stock final gear is out of the transmission:
Attachment 72065

Stock 4.3 final gear!
Attachment 72066

Here's the brand new Quaife ATB LSD with mFactory 4.7 final gear. Now look at the black gear on top of the LSD which sits right between the top differential bearing & the diff assy. That's your Fit's vehicle speed sensor(VSS). Now the problem is, if u don't have the proper tool to help pulling or press the bearing out, like a bearing seperator, and u don't have a brand new VSS sitting there like me. Then u're risking to break it, coz it's made with PLASTICCCCC! We got lucky to pull that mofo bearing out without breaking the VSS thank god, although that took us quite a bit of time.

Attachment 72067

Anyway, he sent my flywheel out to get it machined & finish up the rest of the LSD, final gear, & clutch installation the day after while I'm at work.

Here's the stock flywheel before it get machined:
Attachment 72068

Stock clutch, which is made by AP! Whoa.......
Attachment 72069
Attachment 72070

Although I am still driving it very lightly for about 1000km & "run-in" the clutch & the gears, I can feel a pretty good difference from the new setup already. I was going uphill with my parents & my brother in my car, which I needed to use 3rd gear before if I don't carry enough speed(speeding:p). Now I can use partial throttle 4th gear with 4 people in my car without worrying too much about the car bogging/hesitates.

For the T1R sport clutch, I bought the set with organic disc from A&J Racing. Pedal feel is LIGHTER than a 06 Impreza STi & most of the ACT HDSS clutches for Civic/Integra. Response is much faster than the stock clutch & grips VERY WELL=NO SLIPPAGE so far. Engage point is even more consistant than the other set of Exedy organic clutch that I used before. After I passed 1000km I will make sure I do some harder runs & see how it works out.

And the Quaife LSD, I noticed less understeer with that installed and I think it grips harder than the stock ITR LSD that I used before. Nothing beats the feeling of both the front wheels keep pulling my car out of the corner.:vtec::D It really worth the time I spent to locate this LSD & get it all the way from UK!!!

Can't f**king wait til the next lapping season! :hyper::hyper::hyper::D

Kyle is raaddd 11-27-2008 12:39 AM

sounds amazing!
can't wait till the break in point so you can really play with it

kylerwho 11-27-2008 12:42 AM

congrats on the nex upgrade. im thinking soon i will need to go get the mfactory lsd cause i hate one wheel breaking loose as im exiting a corner. + rep for dyi

spoonek4 11-27-2008 01:03 AM

Yeah biiiiiiiiiiiiggggg thanks to my brother & of coz his friends for all the hard work, and also RagingAngel @teamMfactory.com and Ben @aj-racing.com for great service & technical support!!!!!

kylerwho: Yeah definitely get the mFactory LSD while the website is still showing the pre-order price. It's gonna worth the time & $ u put into it!:)

kylerwho 11-27-2008 01:23 AM

i have been chatting with them about it. im rather close so they can do it all in house for me. :)

spoonek4 11-27-2008 01:40 AM

I thought about doing that too actually. But there's too much hassle going over the border with all these parts. Might as well just do it here.

kelsodeez 11-27-2008 01:46 AM

thanks for posting this. i am going to be installing my mfactory lsd, exedy stage2 clutch and a fidanza flywheel. its nice to be able to see everything taken apart before i get in there. i need a service manual badly!

oh, also. why didnt you go with the exedy stage2 clutch??

spoonek4 11-27-2008 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by kelsodeez (Post 505169)
oh, also. why didnt you go with the exedy stage2 clutch??

U're very welcome. I didn't go with the stage2 because I'm still running a stock engine. The stage1 right now is more than enough for that 80-85whp on my car. Plus I drive at least 30km to & from work everyday in the traffic. Something too hardcore doesn't do me any good.

FitFlowjoe 11-27-2008 01:07 PM

DUDE Major respect with your car!!!!!!!

I have been paying alot of attention to you car because we both seem to be doing the samething with the Auto X in mind and not the super go crazy with the Hp.

One question at what rpm is your car now at 75mph in 5th gear?? Because that was my main concern with the lower final ratio... I know the car run high rpm as is..

Oh and I saw the video of you at your last auto cross... MaYoR ReSpEcT!!!! do you still plan to race STS class SCCA ?? now that you have a LSD .. or is that gonna be keep on the down low :)

JDMxGE8 11-27-2008 01:09 PM

Nice upgrades!

doctordoom 11-27-2008 07:27 PM

wow nice work! please post vids of your next session!

Raaaaaaaaaay. 11-27-2008 07:48 PM

Dang.. thats a lot of work. Ive ripped my Mazdas trans apart to change out the diff once. Wasnt too bad.
Guessing the Fit would be easier...

Id like some vids too.

spoonek4 11-27-2008 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by FitFlowjoe (Post 505438)
DUDE Major respect with your car!!!!!!!

I have been paying alot of attention to you car because we both seem to be doing the samething with the Auto X in mind and not the super go crazy with the Hp.

One question at what rpm is your car now at 75mph in 5th gear?? Because that was my main concern with the lower final ratio... I know the car run high rpm as is..

Oh and I saw the video of you at your last auto cross... MaYoR ReSpEcT!!!! do you still plan to race STS class SCCA ?? now that you have a LSD .. or is that gonna be keep on the down low :)

Thanks a lot for the kind words guys!

Fitflowjoe: I will check the 75mph rpm reading for u tonight when I go drive more on my car. I think before I got the tranny work done my car was in SP or SM already. If I'm gonna autocross again next season I will put it into a proper class for sure, no point to hide it from anyone.

doctordoom: Yeah I will post up some more driving video later on showing speed range of different gears & rpm range first I think.

One more thing I'm gonna look into will be the fuel consumption. But so far dont think it got any worse than before.

RagingAngel 11-28-2008 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by FitFlowjoe (Post 505438)

Click here for the comparison between stock (blue) and MFactory 4.7 (red)

MFactory Competition Products - THE Replacement for Displacement!

Thanks for doing the comparo Jackie! I'm looking forward to the videos as well. Hopefully this will go to show just how important gearing truly is! :wavey:

spoonek4 11-28-2008 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by I Am Ray. (Post 505711)
Dang.. thats a lot of work. Ive ripped my Mazdas trans apart to change out the diff once. Wasnt too bad.
Guessing the Fit would be easier...

Yeah but I really wanted these items that's why I don't care how much hassle I need to go through I still wanna get it done.

Gotta put as much power to the ground as possible.......

kylerwho 11-28-2008 02:08 AM

what about the mfactory gear kit? any intrest in this spoonek4?

spoonek4 11-28-2008 04:32 AM

U meant the 3/4/5 cross gear set? I was talking to RagingAngel about it & I decided to go for final gear set after all. Coz I want 1st & 2nd gear to make a difference too.

I just had a drive around town & rpm at 75mph is around 3600rpm with my 185/65R14 snow tires.

kylerwho 11-28-2008 02:11 PM

what is your rpm at 60mph? its to bad about having to change the whole main shaft to get a new 1st and 2nd gear. i think those two gears would be nice if they were taller.

RagingAngel 11-28-2008 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by RagingAngel (Post 505944)
Click here for the comparison between stock (blue) and MFactory 4.7 (red)

MFactory Competition Products - THE Replacement for Displacement!

Change the tire size accordingly to suit your car.

Does everybody just glaze over the fact that there are tools like this readily available?

:confused:

kylerwho 11-28-2008 10:10 PM

i guess i missed that somewhere. thank you for showing me. + rep