Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   short shifters question and answers (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/3535-short-shifters-question-answers.html)

impreza 02-09-2006 01:39 PM

short shifters question and answers

looking for a short shifter. any recommendations?

dougiepants 02-10-2006 10:10 AM

I would wait to see if B&M makes one. I love their product line....

CarDemon 04-21-2006 04:38 PM

Choices of Short Shifters?

So what are some of the choices in short shifters out here in N.A.?

dougiepants 04-21-2006 06:01 PM

I would say B&M once they produce one

crozewski 04-21-2006 06:52 PM

This is something that I feel is an essential. After driving my S13 daily with a Tomei short shifter, I've become so accustomed to that feel. My only gripe with the Fit, thus far, is that the shifter feels muddy. I don't get any positive feedback from shifts.

dougiepants 04-21-2006 09:24 PM

Well I think that B&M make one of the cleaneest feeling products on the market and made with a good quality material... I'm hoping they come out with one.

C2AUTOSPL 04-27-2006 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by crozewski
This is something that I feel is an essential. After driving my S13 daily with a Tomei short shifter, I've become so accustomed to that feel. My only gripe with the Fit, thus far, is that the shifter feels muddy. I don't get any positive feedback from shifts.

I like your taste on parts...I have TOMEI shifter as well. Now if I could get my butt up so I can install the TOmei Trax LSD.:(

crozewski 04-27-2006 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by C2AUTOSPL
I like your taste on parts...I have TOMEI shifter as well. Now if I could get my butt up so I can install the TOmei Trax LSD.:(

I was always curious to drive a car with a Tomei LSD. If you ever get it installed let me know how it drives.

C2AUTOSPL 04-28-2006 01:23 AM

I've sent out 5 LSD's to customers at zilvia.net. I'll wait for their review and I'll llet you know.

ex_MGB 04-28-2006 08:07 AM

I put B&M on my Protege5. A big improvement is also made in terms of shifter feel, that is giving more of a mechanical snick snick undampened feel, by inserting the hard bushings in place of the OEM soft, rubbery bushings. These bushings are at the connection of the shifter linkage arm to the transaxel.

Interestingly, my Maxima 5-speed came from the factory with hard bushings. The OEM soft rubber bushings in the Protege5 took away a lot of feel. Of course, nothing beats having the shifter with the transmission directly below in a RWD car such as my Miata.

Bukwheat 04-29-2006 11:46 PM

This car's been out for years....there's GOT to be a shortshifter out there somewhere! Asia or Europe members...HELP!!!

JDMGD3 04-30-2006 12:03 AM

C's is the Japanese equivalent to B&M with just as many applications as B&M of course most of those are Japanese market cars but nevertheless its a huge variety but they dont have one for the Fit which is surprising since the Fit is a fairly popular car in Japan.

dougiepants 04-30-2006 04:11 PM

Well I'm sure someone will make one for the NA market...

Bukwheat 05-01-2006 01:39 AM

Someone like...........HONDA!?! Heck, TRD's got one for the Scion, what's up with HFP???

TotallyFit 08-03-2006 09:38 PM

Short Shift

Hey i was wondering if there are any short throw kits that fit on the USDM fit or if anybody has heard about anybody coming out with one.

gimme 08-04-2006 02:01 AM

B&M is working on one too.

dougiepants 08-04-2006 07:06 PM

I would use a B&M if they produced one. I loved their product for my EG...

Ricepuddin 08-04-2006 07:49 PM

Good i hope soon, the fit needs it bad.

harajuka 10-25-2006 06:38 PM

I have short shifter!!

Well after having the car for a week, the only thing I didnt really like about the fit was the long throws on the shifter, and the sloppy feel of it. After doing a little research for a short shifter came up to nothing, so I decided to make my own :).

I ended up taking the complete shifter out and cutting the shifter at the bottom and extending it about 1". The Fit doesnt have much room under the shifter to start with so i had to add spacer and lift up the entire assembly. The results, feels much better, and more solid shift. I would say it has reduced the shifting about 30-40%.

Sorry I dont have before pics, but here's an after pic to show the throw from 3rd to 4th gear and nuetral.

https://www.fitfreak.net/gallery/alb...shortshift.jpg

Gordio 10-25-2006 07:05 PM

nice art skills to make that photo. yea, it's a shame you didn't take before pics. maybe smeone can give u three pics of a stock throw, and u can do that same effect?