Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   b pipe ground clearance question (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/35982-b-pipe-ground-clearance-question.html)

isthata_scion 12-17-2008 05:43 PM

b pipe ground clearance question

anyone know off of first hand which b pipe has more ground clearance between the aspec or T1R? or is there not enough of a difference to even matter?

grtpumpkin 12-19-2008 10:18 PM

If I remember correctly it is the Megan Racing b-pipe that has the oval resonator and therefore, more ground clearance. Between the A-spec and the T1R I think they are the same as the OE. I might be remembering it wrong though....

explosivpotato 12-19-2008 10:56 PM

The Megan Racing b-pipe does not have an oval anything.. The resonator is a circular can.

That said, I don't notice it sitting lower than stock.. Maybe 1/2-3/4". Certainly not enough to cause a ground clearance issue, both with my stock cat and with the cat-delete downpipe.

kylerwho 12-19-2008 11:00 PM

the j's has no resinator and is just striaght goodness if your worried about ground clearance. all other ones are build the same and ground clearance is not to much of an issue with the aspec, t1r, or megan.

Raaaaaaaaaay. 12-19-2008 11:28 PM

Aspec hangs stupid low. I used a clamp to pull the exhaust up. I kept the rubber in place, wrapped a worm clamp (hose clamp) around the hangers located in the center of the passenger front door.

Tighten it up so that there was barely any clearance between the floor and B-pipe.
Gave me at least 1in more of clearance.
I still scrape and mash things with my exhaust.

kelsodeez 12-19-2008 11:30 PM

the T1R hangs really low too. i thought there was something wrong with it when i first put it in but thats just the way bpipes for the fit go i guess.

FitVic 12-20-2008 04:03 AM

Jesse if you remember how low mines hang that was the Megan B Pipe. After talking with Ray I'm gonna take his advice and do the same to pull it up. Lately I've stratched my resonator about 4 times in the past 2 weeks. Before that like 2 months before lmao. I honestly think my Megan B Pipe hangs stupid low. So low that from a side shot you can see it.

isthata_scion 12-20-2008 11:40 AM

haha yeah vic i remember just looking at the resonator standing at the side of your car.

Id love the J's but im worried it'll probably be stupid loud.

Thanks to all and thanks ray for the macgyver tech tip!

bluerice 09-20-2009 12:40 PM

obviously this thread is dead, but i don't understand why it's so hard for companies to make a b pipe that doesn't sit stupid low. Cuz my exhaust right now is just custom 2 1/4" aluminized steel with a 14 x 4" Magnaflow resonator, but i would actually like to get an actual exhaust and if my resonator doesn't hang low even though its about 60% bigger than all the other ones, why is it so hard

dewthedew 09-20-2009 01:28 PM

my megan sits way too low i used clamps to raise it up