Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   help --->** Manual Boost Controller ** (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/39534-help-manual-boost-controller.html)

FELIXY69 03-06-2009 08:00 PM

help --->** Manual Boost Controller **

i was using the HKS EVC 6 on the fit before but i recently discovered the boost controller on my other car is getting old and not reading correctly so i need to transfer the EVC6 to the GTR...

now i am in the search for a cheaper solution, like a Manual boost controller,
for all those who are running boost on ur car...which manual boost controller are you using, and where you mount it ?
post a pic of the location would be an assist

thank you for all your help in advance !

FELIXY69 03-12-2009 06:56 PM

ekkk.... no one knows ?

BlueCell 03-12-2009 07:01 PM

No sorry, I went electronic, its the way to go. one button to switch from low to high boost. I had a manual one, hooked up to the turbo and other side to the wastegate. I just left it dangling because its small and doesn't really go anywhere.

07_g_fit 03-23-2009 02:35 PM

If your worried about the cost all you have to do is use your EMU to build an electric one. Use injector 7 to control the duty cycle of you electric solenoid (their are MAC valves on e-bay can't think of the part number ~$30). With the EMU controlling it, you can set the boost to what-ever you like and have a safety shut off at a certain psi.

YeeFit 03-23-2009 03:36 PM

I have a Hallman Pro RX manual boost controller. Probably the best manual boost controller you can get. They even have a remote kit that you can add onto it that will allow for boost adjustments inside the car. The Pro RX has a ceramic ball which actually engages quicker and the spring also allows for a more fine tune. They aren't that cheap but they are well worth the money

Here's the link to Hallman's site: Applications

azkikersfit 03-23-2009 05:15 PM

just wana know does ur HKS EVC6 work fine on ur FIT? any issues so far and how much boost are u running? im thinking of gettin me the EVC6 need to know if its worth the money

Nabisco 03-23-2009 06:17 PM

Be forewarned they are inconsistent and dangerous. I really would not suggest it.

I have used a Joe-p unit before, it is a "ball and spring" design. It would occasionally spike but not dangerously and It held up pretty good. Then again, I only used it to increase to 11-12 PSI on my stock SR.

YeeFit 03-23-2009 08:25 PM

I think it depends on the quality of the MBC that you get.. I've never had any boost spikes with mine. I've heard of problems with cheaper brands and homemade units. Read up on the Hallman ones.. they stand behind their product. It's not cheap for no reason.