Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Kraftwerks A/T @ 10psi? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/39877-kraftwerks-t-10psi.html)

MNfit 07-16-2013 05:23 PM

Glad to hear the car is still running strong for you Leonine. I had wished I had gone for the MT kit back when I was boosted. That AT is so small, I feel I would have made more power if I had gotten the MT kit.

Koi 07-24-2013 08:30 PM

Good to see you're still around and running boost. Any telltale signs of a fouled egr valve?

Bongobennie 12-12-2016 10:52 AM

Yes this is an old thread but Im curious how the A/T is holding up..... any other boosted autos out there? How is your slush box doing? at what psi?

leonine 12-12-2016 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bongobennie (Post 1360045)
Yes this is an old thread but Im curious how the A/T is holding up..... any other boosted autos out there? How is your slush box doing? at what psi?

Thanks for asking. The A/T lived a long happy life until 200k. Ran 10 psi most of the time. Wound up having electrical problems that could not be found and fixed. Could have been from water damage in the trunk over time but I will never be sure.

I purchased a m/t last year and it has been at the engine builders for close to a year now. Fully built top and bottom end. Twin rotrex supercharged.

I hope to have it back soon.

Bongobennie 12-12-2016 11:15 AM

So just to be clear you never had a tranny issue? Im swapping this combo into a much smaller engine bay and turbocharging (believe it or not) is the easy way to deal with... no pressure on you but this thread is giving me the confidence I need as I really want this to run reliable for a while (50K/3-4years would be nice)..... Im pretty exited as my car will be similar to yours minus 700lbs. I was hoping for the 5-6psi range

leonine 12-12-2016 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bongobennie (Post 1360053)
So just to be clear you never had a tranny issue? Im swapping this combo into a much smaller engine bay and turbocharging (believe it or not) is the easy way to deal with... no pressure on you but this thread is giving me the confidence I need as I really want this to run reliable for a while (50K/3-4years would be nice)..... Im pretty exited as my car will be similar to yours minus 700lbs. I was hoping for the 5-6psi range

Not one single transmission problem. Run a tranny cooler and change the fluid (drain and refill not flush) every 10-12k

dgraz0r 12-13-2016 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by leonine (Post 1360047)
Thanks for asking. The A/T lived a long happy life until 200k. Ran 10 psi most of the time. Wound up having electrical problems that could not be found and fixed. Could have been from water damage in the trunk over time but I will never be sure.

I purchased a m/t last year and it has been at the engine builders for close to a year now. Fully built top and bottom end. Twin rotrex supercharged.

I hope to have it back soon.

Just curious, are you going to supercharge or turbocharge?

I bought a GD3 last month and I'm thinking about building a turbo kit as I was not able to find a supercharger kit nor a turbo kit (T1R, HKS or Greddy).

Do you know where can I get a turbo manifold? aside from the ones from eBay? In addition, would a T25 turbo .68 A/R would to the job?

Thanks in advance :thumbups:

Bongobennie 12-13-2016 06:26 PM

I will be turbocharging... I have been looking for some time and the only manifolds I have found are the eBay types.... I haven't even found one used HKS or any style for that matter.. I will be making my own manifold as fortunately Im able too. (I cant even find L15 flanges)

leonine 12-13-2016 07:59 PM

I am running 2 rotrex c15-60 units.

Check out my build thread on this site. GD3 Rotrex Build.

You can contact my builder his info is on that thread. Brackets, billet parts, head gasket, cat cams, and an adjustable cam gear along with many other goodies for the GD3.

He designed and manufactured just about everything for my build. He can also get Cat Cams direct.

Even if you decide to turbo you will want the adjustable cam gear and probably a lot of the other stuff once you see the pics. :)

Originally Posted by dgraz0r (Post 1360131)
Just curious, are you going to supercharge or turbocharge?

I bought a GD3 last month and I'm thinking about building a turbo kit as I was not able to find a supercharger kit nor a turbo kit (T1R, HKS or Greddy).

Do you know where can I get a turbo manifold? aside from the ones from eBay? In addition, would a T25 turbo .68 A/R would to the job?

Thanks in advance :thumbups:

dgraz0r 12-14-2016 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by leonine (Post 1360137)

You can contact my builder his info is on that thread. Brackets, billet parts, head gasket, cat cams, and an adjustable cam gear along with many other goodies for the GD3.

He designed and manufactured just about everything for my build. He can also get Cat Cams direct.

Even if you decide to turbo you will want the adjustable cam gear and probably a lot of the other stuff once you see the pics. :)

Thanks for the response.

Bad thing is that I'm not in USA, I'm from Guatemala :( However I will take into consideration the contact information from your builder.

My goal is to reach 190HP to compete with the GD3 in AutoX and use it as daily driver.

Again, thanks for the response

Hootie 12-14-2016 02:06 PM

@leonine I've been meaning to ask you what ATF were you running? Honda DW1, AmSoil, Redline or some other brand?

leonine 12-14-2016 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 1360180)
@leonine I've been meaning to ask you what ATF were you running? Honda DW1, AmSoil, Redline or some other brand?

Honda fluid the whole time

Myxalplyx 12-14-2016 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by leonine (Post 1360137)

Looking forward to seeing how your build turns out. Will you be taking it to a track to get times on it (Dragstrip)? I know it probably will be more autox/road racing purpose built but still, figured I'd ask.

lakia5524 12-14-2016 06:59 PM

so far my auto has held up with 25k mile on the kit I am going to be getting a 90mm pulley to bring the boost on quicker and lower the red line to 6500rpm to stay in spec

leonine 12-14-2016 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by lakia5524 (Post 1360196)
so far my auto has held up with 25k mile on the kit I am going to be getting a 90mm pulley to bring the boost on quicker and lower the red line to 6500rpm to stay in spec

That's great! What is the pulley diameter you are running now. I never got a measurement of the diameter on the high boost pulley.

lakia5524 12-16-2016 06:48 PM

95mm pulley

Bongobennie 01-17-2017 09:46 PM

If I may ask, when boost is set at its maximum, did you always feel like it was shifting in a natural form, if you were in traffic and open highway did you have to think about things anymore than a normal car? While I have a stock Fit to drive around, it will be the first time ever swapping or tuning much less turbocharging this engine or any A/T.

With it is sport mode, you can leave in gear while full throttle, unlocking that torque converter at will in the stock car, do you find yourself doing that a lot or avoiding it?

leonine 01-22-2017 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Bongobennie (Post 1362519)
If I may ask, when boost is set at its maximum, did you always feel like it was shifting in a natural form, if you were in traffic and open highway did you have to think about things anymore than a normal car? While I have a stock Fit to drive around, it will be the first time ever swapping or tuning much less turbocharging this engine or any A/T.

With it is sport mode, you can leave in gear while full throttle, unlocking that torque converter at will in the stock car, do you find yourself doing that a lot or avoiding it?

yeah the transmission held up nicely never had any problems. I ran a transmission cooler and drained/refilled (around 2 qts if I recall give or take) every 10-12k.

I never ran an intercooler so temps did get high in the summer if u got on it. And I had a recurring problem with egr valves never figured out why.

but overall it was awesome. And I loved driving in s-mode. Spent most of my time there unless I was cruising on the highway. Much nicer than the cvt transmissions nowadays.

I think the gearing in the at was great for boost. I could drop into 1st and floor it and it shot off pretty quick.

Bongobennie 01-23-2017 12:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Did you bypass the stock AT cooler or do you use both? Did you have Flashpro? Im getting rid of EGR simply because is doesn't fit and hondata lets you delete it.

Here is where my head has been, k24 manifold and TB all because the intake doesn't fit, will have to "lower" the oil cap too. I am getting the Garrett GT2554r and a 6psi wastegate, and air to water intercooler for a nice short intake track.

leonine 01-23-2017 12:12 PM

I ran both. Flashpro was not available at the time so I was using the AEM F/IC