Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   what is wrong here?clutch/flywheel?! (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/51729-what-wrong-here-clutch-flywheel.html)

socalsmirff 12-30-2009 06:42 PM

what is wrong here?clutch/flywheel?!

6 Attachment(s)
PICS ADDED!!!
well my clutch is goin out, so i ordered a spec stage 2 and a fidanza flywheel. the spec is straight from their plant, they had to make it for me, none in stock. and the flywheel from a reliable seller on fitfreak. but somethin aint addin up. the dont match up at all. the clutch is either too small or the flywheel is too big. i checked fidanza webpage and spec. both part numbers match up. can anyone help?
part number fidanza=191391
part number spec stage 2=sh412
but on the flywheel there is engraved= hy1-5737
i searched the code, but got nothin. im tryin to opst pics but cant get image shack to work right.ill try again tonight. this is really stressin me out!!!
clutch disk is way smaller than friction disk on flywheel.
Attachment 52502
pressure plate way smaller than flywheel.
Attachment 52503
pressure plate isnt big enoygh to reach mounts on flywheel
Attachment 52504
just dont FIT!!!:hyper:
Attachment 52505
pat number for flywheel
Attachment 52506
part number for clutch
Attachment 52507

socalsmirff 01-02-2010 08:30 PM

i added some pics to illustrate

socalsmirff 01-05-2010 01:39 AM

figured out my own problem! fidanza shot me back an email, its a flywheeel for a hyundai tiburon. hope the seller will refund my money?

RNDMB_FIT 01-19-2010 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by socalsmirff (Post 795192)
figured out my own problem! fidanza shot me back an email, its a flywheeel for a hyundai tiburon. hope the seller will refund my money?

did you ever get around to getting your money back and maybe new flywheel w/ your spec clutch???

socalsmirff 01-19-2010 09:16 PM

nope, seller said all sales were final! so i gotta sell the flywheel( ebay/ craigs list) and i still got the spec clutch layin around for now. i bought the clutchmasters kit. gettin it installed this friday. its an uprade in size of clutch too, so the spec wont fit the clutch masters flywheel. gotta sell the spec, or keep it around, for replacement down the line on the stock flywheel.

ku8o 01-28-2010 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by socalsmirff (Post 801937)
nope, seller said all sales were final! so i gotta sell the flywheel( ebay/ craigs list) and i still got the spec clutch layin around for now. i bought the clutchmasters kit. gettin it installed this friday. its an uprade in size of clutch too, so the spec wont fit the clutch masters flywheel. gotta sell the spec, or keep it around, for replacement down the line on the stock flywheel.

so whose fault was that ?
seller or buyer ?

socalsmirff 02-01-2010 10:48 PM

well i gotta say the seller. he advertised different from what he shipped me. he had good ratings on his trades, and posts on here alot. seemed like a trust worthy sell. but i guess you live and learn.

THEproFIT 06-11-2010 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by socalsmirff (Post 808000)
well i gotta say the seller. he advertised different from what he shipped me. he had good ratings on his trades, and posts on here alot. seemed like a trust worthy sell. but i guess you live and learn.

internet forums = NON REPUTABLE for EVERYTHING

Texas Coyote 06-11-2010 03:53 PM

It sounds like the fly wheel was drop shipped from Fidanza which would make them the liable party...... You need to deal with them to make things right.

devmail 11-11-2017 09:42 AM

I have this flywheel and the exedy stage 1 and noticed the same issue thanks to this thread. Thankfully I haven't tried to install it yet! Will update after I talk to Fidanza after this weekend.

devmail 11-21-2017 11:04 AM

So it looks like I ended up with an S2000 flywheel. Serial number on the flywheel is H9.6357. Sucks because I bought mine used, new in box and now I think ill have to resell it to get my money back.

devmail 03-08-2018 02:30 PM

Just for future reference, this is What the correct flywheel looks like:https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fit...399bd8e065.jpg