Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Should I change injector for turbo car? (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/52828-should-i-change-injector-turbo-car.html)

clanbuster 02-05-2010 07:54 PM

Should I change injector for turbo car?

Should I change injectors? in my boost is 0.6 bar.

Engine: L15A stock ( no internal mod yet)
injector : stock ( is stock 185 CC ??? for L15A)

i checked KraftWerks website, they recommend 310CC
for their supercharge.

2nd topic

if need to change, do i need to re-tune AEM FIC? ( piggyback)

dewthedew 02-05-2010 07:58 PM

if you want to run 310cc injectors (which you can) youll need the aem f/ic. the 310cc injectors can support upto 10psi

clanbuster 02-06-2010 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by dewthedew (Post 809692)
if you want to run 310cc injectors (which you can) youll need the aem f/ic. the 310cc injectors can support upto 10psi

thanks. so u recommend me i should change 310CC???

i was wonder why i asked my workshop, he told me don't need.
I was wonder he try to help me save cost or something else?
I also did ask him to upgrade fuel p/p, but he said according to AFR gauge, my pump can hit 9:1, he said more then enough.

clanbuster 03-11-2010 02:19 PM

I found another workhop that will help me upgrade injectors.
But should I upgrade injectors or increase fuel pressure with stock injector?
what will this 2 different and happen?

clanbuster 03-11-2010 09:28 PM

i heard adding larger injector got iding problem.
Is it true?

Tiu 10-30-2010 09:17 AM

what's the flow of the stock injectors? would upgrading to the 310cc be the most common for our boosted Fit? I'm looking at the RC injectors but not sure which model i need.

DiamondStarMonsters 10-31-2010 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by clanbuster (Post 809829)
thanks. so u recommend me i should change 310CC???

i was wonder why i asked my workshop, he told me don't need.
I was wonder he try to help me save cost or something else?
I also did ask him to upgrade fuel p/p, but he said according to AFR gauge, my pump can hit 9:1, he said more then enough.

The stock injectors are 185cc/min @ Base fuel pressure, which is likely 3bar (43.5psi)

If you are going to attempt to flow more than ~12-13lbs/min you should upgrade where possible, and yes you will need the AEM FIC or something comparable to do this.

310cc/min is still pretty small, but there will likely be a bit of adjustment to your deadtime. The better your cars charging voltage @ idle and WOT the smoother the car will run, this is true on any injector, so the closer to 14v or more the better.

You will have to adjust your global fuel info as well. The injectors are bigger, so even with the correct deadtime @ constant voltage, a given pulsewidth will have ~60% more fuel being sprayed.

Another thing to keep in mind is that even though your fuel pump can keep AFRs pig rich in the 9s, that is at your current airflow, and current boost level. If you raise the boost and see an increase in airflow you will now require more fuel, and the fuel system has to work harder at a higher pressure.

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/fuel...s/391-FLOW.jpg

Boosted engines need fuel pressure to raise with boost pressure at a 1:1 ratio. Not all fuel pumps are designed to work this way and as the pump falls off flow as boost goes up, your IDCs have to increase yet more to compensate.

So if you plan on running more than 5psi on a GT25 sized compressor, or like ~16lbs/min airflow, get the AEM FIC and those 310's.

baseinjectordata [ECMTuning - wiki]

fitted08 10-31-2010 02:19 AM

^^100% correct

DiamondStarMonsters 10-31-2010 02:46 AM

Also note: at a recommended maximum of 80% IDCs, the 310cc/min injectors @ 43.5psi BFP will support only about 20lbs/min, so about ~13psi boost on a GT25R (max of ~25-27lbs/min).

On a bigger compressor, like a MHI TD05H 14B (max of 33-34lbs/min), to push 20lbs/min requires only about 9psi before you are running out of room on the 310cc/min injectors @ 3bar BFP.

Tiu 11-02-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tiu (Post 927154)
what's the flow of the stock injectors? would upgrading to the 310cc be the most common for our boosted Fit? I'm looking at the RC injectors but not sure which model i need.

can someone point out to me which injectors to get?

DiamondStarMonsters 11-02-2010 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Tiu (Post 928283)
can someone point out to me which injectors to get?

How much airflow are you planning on? What Compressor @ what boost?

Tiu 11-03-2010 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 928308)
How much airflow are you planning on? What Compressor @ what boost?

From looking on the HKS website, the Fit that they tested the Turbo with had bigger OEM injectors. The P/N for those injectors are 16450-PNA-003.

I have contacted my local Honda dealer (Aust.) But it seems that nothing came up with this part number. Does anyone know more detail about it, such as what car does it come from?

I'm thinking of running 0.6bar if it is safe, i might try 0.8bar.

At the moment, i still haven't purchased the turbo kit yet, but i've got other parts ready such as from dump back j's racing exhaust + j's racing 50mm front pipe, exedy stage 2 clutch, jun 3.8kg flywheel, mfactory LSD, mugen short shifter, and hks evc.

I'm looking at injectors, spark plugs as my next step. thinking to get the M35i or the M40i hks plugs.

Then final step would be the turbo kit + hks intercooler kit.

hks oil cooler will be decided after i've got everything together and monitor the oil temp and decide from there.

DiamondStarMonsters 11-04-2010 01:01 AM

0.6-0.8 bar on what compressor? HKS uses something like the GT2554R right?

Roughly thats going to be 17-21lbs/min @ 0.6-0.8bar boost, and I would suggest that you go no smaller than 310cc/min with base fuel pressure of at least 3bar.

Make sure whatever fuel pump you choose to run can flow enough fuel for 1240cc/min (310cc/min X 4 injectors) when the fuel pressure is approaching ~4.5bar (3 bar base pressure + 0.8 bar boost)

You always want to have the ability to squirt considerably more fuel than you will need on a given tune.

For example 1240cc/min worth of injector @ 100% duty cycle will only be flowing to support 20lbs/min or about 185whp.

You do not want to run past 80% injector duty cycle. The smallest you should run would be atleast 400-450cc/min that should put you in the 70% range @ 20lbs/min. There are USDM Acura RDX Turbo injectors in the factory K23 turbo engine in the 400cc/min range, I would ask about these.

If the turbo is watercooled you don't have to have an external oil cooler, but in my opinion for both engine and turbo longevity I would get one, install it in a wheel or fenderwell and put a switched 7" slimfan on it.

You are going to want to find spark plugs that are one heat range colder than the factory fit plugs, the company KraftWerks sells a set, called the IK22's or something similar for their supercharger kits I would look into these or NGK BPR7ES's gapped to like .028" should do the trick..

Tiu 11-04-2010 02:57 AM

Haha I'm a little noob.

It uses T25 turbo.

So you wouldn't know what injectors are the P/N 16450-PNA-003?

Are the injectors for the RDX Turbo direct fit onto the Fit without extra modification?

I'm not sure if the turbo would be water cooled or not but yes I probably get the oil cooler since I rather it all get done first time right then risking it. yes the hks oil cooler kit mounts the cooler on the left hand side.

The hks plugs m40i are equivalent to the denso 24 & ngk 8, m35i are equivalent to denso 22 & ngk 7. I guess i will go with the M35i since you have recommended denso 22 or something similar.

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 928852)
0.6-0.8 bar on what compressor? HKS uses something like the GT2554R right?

Roughly thats going to be 17-21lbs/min @ 0.6-0.8bar boost, and I would suggest that you go no smaller than 310cc/min with base fuel pressure of at least 3bar.

Make sure whatever fuel pump you choose to run can flow enough fuel for 1240cc/min (310cc/min X 4 injectors) when the fuel pressure is approaching ~4.5bar (3 bar base pressure + 0.8 bar boost)

You always want to have the ability to squirt considerably more fuel than you will need on a given tune.

For example 1240cc/min worth of injector @ 100% duty cycle will only be flowing to support 20lbs/min or about 185whp.

You do not want to run past 80% injector duty cycle. The smallest you should run would be atleast 400-450cc/min that should put you in the 70% range @ 20lbs/min. There are USDM Acura RDX Turbo injectors in the factory K23 turbo engine in the 400cc/min range, I would ask about these.

If the turbo is watercooled you don't have to have an external oil cooler, but in my opinion for both engine and turbo longevity I would get one, install it in a wheel or fenderwell and put a switched 7" slimfan on it.

You are going to want to find spark plugs that are one heat range colder than the factory fit plugs, the company KraftWerks sells a set, called the IK22's or something similar for their supercharger kits I would look into these or NGK BPR7ES's gapped to like .028" should do the trick..

DiamondStarMonsters 11-04-2010 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Tiu (Post 928880)
Haha I'm a little noob.

It uses T25 turbo.

So you wouldn't know what injectors are the P/N 16450-PNA-003?

Are the injectors for the RDX Turbo direct fit onto the Fit without extra modification?

I'm not sure if the turbo would be water cooled or not but yes I probably get the oil cooler since I rather it all get done first time right then risking it. yes the hks oil cooler kit mounts the cooler on the left hand side.

The hks plugs m40i are equivalent to the denso 24 & ngk 8, m35i are equivalent to denso 22 & ngk 7. I guess i will go with the M35i since you have recommended denso 22 or something similar.

A T25 is a Garrett-Honeywell GT25R. What makes it a GT255XR or GT256XR is the slight differences in the compressor wheel(s) they put in the GT20/GT25 style compressor housings. I am pretty sure the ball bearing GT25s are water and oil cooled.

The compressor wheel and Turbine housing/wheel will determine how much air you will move and how much fuel you will need, so if you can figure those out we can find out whether you can get away with something smaller than 400cc/min, because depending on which compressor/turbine you have.. you might only see 16-17lbs/min @ 0.8bar and you might be able to get away with the 310's @ like 85% IDCs which is not ideal but can be done, 80% is just a good target

NGK 7/ Denso 22 or M35i, if equivalent would be a good idea, make sure you gap them properly (tighter) for boost.

Off hand I do not know what that part number is, and you might have to get some pig tails and a driver box to run the RDX injectors. They are probably saturated injectors as many Hondas seem to be, vs. peak and hold for instance, so you might be able to just get away with the AEM FIC and no driver box.

landon fit 11-19-2010 01:49 PM

if you change injectors get an aem ems FTW

DiamondStarMonsters 11-19-2010 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by landon fit (Post 934062)
if you change injectors get an aem ems FTW

The FIC or the EMS?

Do you know how much a full standalone ECU and harness costs?

Tiu 01-15-2011 02:26 PM

I have finally bought the HKS, Super Fire Racing M35i spark plugs.

Also it looks like that the injectors (p/n: 16450-PNA-003) are from the CRV '04. But not 100% sure how many cc are they, I was thinking of going to get some aftermarket injectors if i was going to need them anyway.

So you suggesting that bigger or smaller than 310cc is better?

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch kit arrived. I will be installing my gearbox mods next month ;) Will be doing it together with the JUN 3.8Kg Flywheel & mFactory Helical LSD.

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 928883)
A T25 is a Garrett-Honeywell GT25R. What makes it a GT255XR or GT256XR is the slight differences in the compressor wheel(s) they put in the GT20/GT25 style compressor housings. I am pretty sure the ball bearing GT25s are water and oil cooled.

The compressor wheel and Turbine housing/wheel will determine how much air you will move and how much fuel you will need, so if you can figure those out we can find out whether you can get away with something smaller than 400cc/min, because depending on which compressor/turbine you have.. you might only see 16-17lbs/min @ 0.8bar and you might be able to get away with the 310's @ like 85% IDCs which is not ideal but can be done, 80% is just a good target

NGK 7/ Denso 22 or M35i, if equivalent would be a good idea, make sure you gap them properly (tighter) for boost.

Off hand I do not know what that part number is, and you might have to get some pig tails and a driver box to run the RDX injectors. They are probably saturated injectors as many Hondas seem to be, vs. peak and hold for instance, so you might be able to just get away with the AEM FIC and no driver box.

DiamondStarMonsters 01-15-2011 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tiu (Post 951971)
I have finally bought the HKS, Super Fire Racing M35i spark plugs.

Also it looks like that the injectors (p/n: 16450-PNA-003) are from the CRV '04. But not 100% sure how many cc are they, I was thinking of going to get some aftermarket injectors if i was going to need them anyway.

So you suggesting that bigger or smaller than 310cc is better?

Exedy Stage 1 Clutch kit arrived. I will be installing my gearbox mods next month ;) Will be doing it together with the JUN 3.8Kg Flywheel & mFactory Helical LSD.

What did you gap the spark plugs to?

Go bigger on the injectors. This way you won't have to upgrade again in the future if you simply want to turn up the boost or swap to a larger compressor!

The LSD and flywheel will make a HUGE difference for you.

Tiu 01-16-2011 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters (Post 951998)
What did you gap the spark plugs to?

Go bigger on the injectors. This way you won't have to upgrade again in the future if you simply want to turn up the boost or swap to a larger compressor!

The LSD and flywheel will make a HUGE difference for you.

The spark plugs aren't in the car yet, i plan to put it in with the turbo later. Need to gap them before fitted right? because when i bought it, i just gave the part number but didn't mention anything about gapping :o...

As for the injectors, which type should i be looking at? I have no clue what the differences are and but thinking to use RC injectors as i hear people having prompt review on them.

Product Categories