Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Oil Filter relocation kit $59.00 S/H included (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/57196-oil-filter-relocation-kit-59-00-s-h-included.html)

Perrenoud Fit 07-11-2010 08:15 PM

Oil Filter relocation kit $59.00 S/H included

Just for your info....
Maybe be able to use a filter with more capacity.
http://imagehost.vendio.com/a/117312...l_block_ad.jpg

SilverBullet 07-11-2010 08:26 PM

Have you used one before? Wont the oil drain out of the lines and have a dry start? I am just curious, I think thats cool and will lower oil temps too.

Perrenoud Fit 07-11-2010 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by SilverBullet (Post 882497)
Have you used one before? Wont the oil drain out of the lines and have a dry start? I am just curious, I think thats cool and will lower oil temps too.

Texas Coyote or Kelsodeez would be a better source to answer that. But I will check and get back here 2U.:confused:

FITMugen 07-11-2010 11:23 PM

IMHO, it is not neccessary for Honda FIT since it is quite easy to reach the oil filter. If it is Civic Si (8th Gen), may be worth it.

Texas Coyote 07-12-2010 12:29 AM

I want one... It is exactly what I need to hook up an oil cooler oil pressure and temperature gauge. A sandwich type adapter could be used to mount a second filter to be able to change one and replace the oil mid way between changes and get 25% more protection....Filters have check valve to prevent flow when the engine isn't running and I think the engine may also have one as well.... Let me see if I can find space for everything and if you don't mind I 'd like to know where it is available from.

jagass 07-12-2010 02:48 AM

This looks cool man. I think I need this.

kelsodeez 07-12-2010 03:04 AM

just a little fyi, the greddy oil filter relocation kit didnt fit on my L15. the oil pan side didnt fit because it was too fat. i wonder if this brand does. also, when putting one in, you want it to sit as close to level with the stock oil filter location as you can.

mgutt 12-01-2010 01:56 PM

Any alternative to Greddy available? I really want that, but I don't trust china crap.

DiamondStarMonsters 12-01-2010 02:34 PM

Great find Mike! I was hoping we had this option.

Originally Posted by Texas Coyote (Post 882565)
I want one... It is exactly what I need to hook up an oil cooler oil pressure and temperature gauge. A sandwich type adapter could be used to mount a second filter to be able to change one and replace the oil mid way between changes and get 25% more protection....Filters have check valve to prevent flow when the engine isn't running and I think the engine may also have one as well.... Let me see if I can find space for everything and if you don't mind I 'd like to know where it is available from.

This^ is precisely what I had in mind as well, especially if I have to run engine oil through a turbo's hot CHRA and then dump hot oil it back into the pan, I'd rather send it through a cooler first.. I am looking at a large 12,000GVWR cooler from Hayden, like I have on the race car.

:D

mgutt 12-01-2010 02:43 PM

Found this manufacturer:
Think Automotive Ltd On line shop

Maybe these parts fit.

DiamondStarMonsters 12-01-2010 02:54 PM

Are those -6AN or -8AN fittings on the OFH?

HoSDo 12-27-2011 07:22 AM

Guys, I got a question on this topic although it's quite old!

I'd like to buy a relocation kit not for the FIT but for the other car I've got home which however uses the same filter (m20x1.5, 66 mm diameter). Clearences on the other engine is quite low, could fit at most a 68/70 diameter take off plate. What is the ext diameter from this take off plate? Is there someone that could measure it?