Unofficial Honda FIT Forums

Unofficial Honda FIT Forums (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/)
-   Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/)
-   -   Ingalls ETD a mod I want for our cars (https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-engine-modifications-motor-swaps-ecu-tuning/6165-ingalls-etd-mod-i-want-our-cars.html)

gsilvers 06-15-2006 08:08 PM

Ingalls ETD a mod I want for our cars

I was hanging with my buddy who has a 2005 I believe scion TC. He was reading SCC and saw a new product so he baught it. This thing from Ingalls called an engine torque damper. Now in every car I've owened I've replaced the motor mount bushings with a set of harder durometer ones form energy suspension or prothane. This product is essentaly and adjustable high preasure strut you bolt to the motor and the chassis to perform the same stiffening. This thing was great before and after was night an day. Less wheel hop, smoother shifting and a nice stiff feel to the front end. I dug it despite the fact it did make a good deal of noise, about comparable to having stiffer engine mounts. I shot them an email, I really hope they do this he did not pay all that much for the product I forget the price but it was well worth it.

sLiVeRwOrM 06-15-2006 11:30 PM

J's racing has one.. but it does not fit the NA model :(

chibianh 06-16-2006 09:04 AM

Ingalls is working on one.. it'll be out any day now.. ;)

gsilvers 06-16-2006 09:32 AM

Hew did you find that out? I'm checking my email like every 3 to 4 minutes hoping to hear that :). Aha you're in CO NICE. You don't happen to have the prototype do you?

smeister 06-16-2006 11:23 AM

I might be interested in this one also, once I can get some wheel hop hahah.

gsilvers 06-16-2006 11:41 AM

Past the wheel hop it made the car a lot easier to shift as well as just more solid. It is one of those mods like a short shifter and MMI's where you don't get so much of a "3whp" gain as the car just feels solid and more fun to drive.

aziatiklover 06-16-2006 01:43 PM

I used to have the ingalls for my DC5 didn't like it at all with all the vibration cuz I didnt have Kpro to set up the RPM...... plus when u have teh AC on it vibrate like a mofo

gsilvers 06-16-2006 02:00 PM

What I really like about this though is it says it is adjustable. Are the vibrations still that bad with it not preloaded?

aziatiklover 06-16-2006 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by gsilvers
What I really like about this though is it says it is adjustable. Are the vibrations still that bad with it not preloaded?

nah man its will be the same vibration

chibianh 06-16-2006 10:02 PM

yep.. with the a/c compressor on, it will vibrate. Although these along with the motor mount inserts, it'll lessen the vibrations. I had this in my boosted ep3 and let me tell you, it was worth every penny. ;)

gsilvers 06-17-2006 11:09 AM

Little things like motor mounts and shifter bushings are always the best mods. And they usualy really make the car sound / feel like a performance vehicle... even if its slow like my fit :)

dougiepants 06-17-2006 02:16 PM

good the GD3 motor needs a damper badly...

03DSM-RSX 06-17-2006 11:21 PM

i have ingalls + energy suspension motor mounts.

the ingalls make the interior vibrate very rough. u lose wheel hop. but if u really think about it, the ingalls will make engine stiffer, therefore stressing/wearing the stock motor mounts. interior vibrations worsen 10x when u turn on the A/C. with me, its not a problem b/c i can bump my idle up and everything is smooth with kpro. but with the Fit, it can get really annoying.

thats y i have both. but i would wait til motor mounts first. its not easily adjustable as it states. its really tough. heck i cant even adjust mine yet.

gsilvers 06-19-2006 12:47 PM

Hey all update time I recieved an email from Rob at Ingalls. There was a legal disclaimer on his email so as to not get rob in trouble I won't quote. But they need one test car in the CO area. Free damper for participation. Contact rob at: robs@ingallseng.com. He seems really awesome to work with so someone drop him a line.

sLiVeRwOrM 06-19-2006 01:17 PM

Where is CO?! I live in TX... I only know where TX, FL,CA , OR,NY is.. what is this CO you speak of?!!!

chibianh 06-19-2006 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by gsilvers
Hey all update time I recieved an email from Rob at Ingalls. There was a legal disclaimer on his email so as to not get rob in trouble I won't quote. But they need one test car in the CO area. Free damper for participation. Contact rob at: robs@ingallseng.com. He seems really awesome to work with so someone drop him a line.

I know Rob personally.. i'll kick his ass and make him get this out sooner than later. ;)

gsilvers 06-19-2006 02:35 PM

Awesome. If its sooner, you guys are welcome to come out to NJ, see it on my car, and down some beers :). The sooner, the more beers we drink :)

Canyon Cruiser 09-01-2006 02:39 PM

Anyone? Contact Grant@ingallseng.com We need this asap

sLiVeRwOrM 09-01-2006 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by chibianh
I know Rob personally.. i'll kick his ass and make him get this out sooner than later. ;)

Go and have him R&D on your car! we all want one!